X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I'd have to imagine that things like that will take a hard turn when it's regulated. At least I sorta know what I'm smoking when I have a traditional cig.
    The guy doesn't think regulation will happen soon and I would agree. They are so busy waffling, threatening and otherwise contradicting each other. In order for it to be regulated they would need to have some sort of idea about what the requirements would be and then there would be all sorts of money that needed to be spent to get things approved. Logically, looking medical evidence, everyone should want regulation. THe people who want money do not care about that and their lobbyists are very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      The guy doesn't think regulation will happen soon and I would agree. They are so busy waffling, threatening and otherwise contradicting each other. In order for it to be regulated they would need to have some sort of idea about what the requirements would be and then there would be all sorts of money that needed to be spent to get things approved. Logically, looking medical evidence, everyone should want regulation. THe people who want money do not care about that and their lobbyists are very strong.
      It'll prob be banned. Or sued out of existence. I could see that.

To continue on a different, but related front, I'm curious about acupuncture, always have been, but I *ing hate needles.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

To continue on a different, but related front, I'm curious about acupuncture, always have been, but I *ing hate needles.
        rube and lacy underalls
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I just went to a CEU thing on Opioids and Cannabis. Scared the crap outta me with stuff about all the adulterated products because they are unregulated. Medically haven't seen evidenced based research that has come out favorable. Anecdotally people have been helped
              Interesting feedback. I really appreciate your POV on it. I assumed since it appears to be in the mainstream there was favorable research. I know two people that use it and swear by it. I was open to it when she offered to apply it because I’m super frustrated with this pain and noticed a difference. I’m going to continue to apply it for the week and then discuss with my doctor. He may tell me to stop. I am also going to discuss going to acupuncture.

Comment

Mornin’ y’all. Game day!
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  Mornin’ y’all. Game day!
                  Good luck, Mavsy!
                  I was told there would be no math...

Comment

ME: Hey, you know that email that you sent to 30 people about winning this prize that included an embedded link to my email address? My name is spelled wrong. Worried their emails won't get to me.
                    INT COMMS PERSON (leading this initiative): Ugh. I just copied from the email below (Narrator: Her name in the email trail below was correct)
                    ME: Oh wait, I got some responses. I guess the actual email was correct, just the spelling of my last name was incorrect.

IM from international employee - I got an undeliverable message when I tried to email
                    ME: Here is my actual email address or you can find me in Outlook
                    (Narrator: International employee successfully sent the email.)

ME: Hey INT COMMS person, as it turns out, my email address was actually spelled incorrectly.
                    INT COMMS person: *crickets*

Would it hurt to actually say OMG I'm sorry! Even though I've worked closely with you I apologize for not paying attention to the correct spelling of your name which I needed to have you help with my program.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      ME: Hey, you know that email that you sent to 30 people about winning this prize that included an embedded link to my email address? My name is spelled wrong. Worried their emails won't get to me.
                      INT COMMS PERSON (leading this initiative): Ugh. I just copied from the email below (Narrator: Her name in the email trail below was correct)
                      ME: Oh wait, I got some responses. I guess the actual email was correct, just the spelling of my last name was incorrect.

IM from international employee - I got an undeliverable message when I tried to email
                      ME: Here is my actual email address or you can find me in Outlook
                      (Narrator: International employee successfully sent the email.)

ME: Hey INT COMMS person, as it turns out, my email address was actually spelled incorrectly.
                      INT COMMS person: *crickets*

Would it hurt to actually say OMG I'm sorry! Even though I've worked closely with you I apologize for not paying attention to the correct spelling of your name which I needed to have you help with my program.
                      Scarlet,
                      Having a short last name won't necessarily help, My name has been spelled Bear many, many times. And many Starbucks employees think that my first name is Rafe.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I had kids who loved how it helped them. Screamed bloody murder for shots but liked to go to accupuncture

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Scarlet,
                        Having a short last name won't necessarily help, My name has been spelled Bear many, many times. And many Starbucks employees think that my first name is Rafe.
                        No one could spell my maiden name. I married a french-canadien in canuck land and they can't spell either of them.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Scarlet,
                            The owner of the GPL site has had his name misspelled at least a half-dozen ways at Wendy's. He decided to make a thread about it on FB. Crag, Chrig, Gorag (that one was classic!), Crage was in there, I think...

Hilarity.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s’upp y’all

Hi FRae
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X