X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Mookie stuck out as an American today.

Went to the local clinic to get scripts as Mookie was out and he didn’t get to make his trip to the US beg of march.... go in and the registration told Mookie to go get a 2kd stamp ($6.40). Saw dr, blood in labs. When finished when to the pharmacy counter and gave the lady the folder. She throws 6 items in a basket and asked if Mookie knew what to do with them, replied yah. Then stood waiting.

She looks out window and says “the folder stays here, you’re done”

Mookie looks puzzled and says “finished? Khallas? I can go?”

Laughing she says yes, go.

So Mookie walks away. Nobody chases him and asked for money for scripts

Socialized medicine gets a big two thumbs up!!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
          Good Morning, Mookie!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what percentage, if anything, one should tip at retardant where one normal eats about once a month but now has to order takeout?

Edit: Damm auto-correct. Make that 'restaurant".
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Same as you normally would. Honestly, any industry where tips are a significant portion of income is getting hit harder than everyone else. If anything I've been increasing tips. I'm usually at 15-20%, now I"m doing 20-25%.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

I am out of Wisconsin. When they closed down the state, we were considered "essential", but only 1 person needs to be there. My boss selected themself. HR never said if we were laid off or furloughed. The only thing they said was that we would have insurance until the end of the month. As I hold the health insurance, I opted to transfer to one of the grocery/liquor stores closer to home. My last day in Wisconsin I cleaned out my desk. The original plan for me was when I came back from maternity leave, I was going to go to one of the grocery stores so I can be closer to home and work part time. Former boss is not happy with me. I have zero *s given. I like working at the store. Easy, change of pace, and a 1/3 of the distance drive.

Hubby started a new job at the beginning of March. He is a supervisor. 3 weeks into the job, he had to furlough his entire shift. He is working 1st shift with a skeleton crew.

On the baby front, 29-1/2 weeks along. Lil' wore Black is his daddy 2.0. Crib is in place. We are trying to get the room ready for him, but it has been tough given the current situation.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what percentage, if anything, one should tip at retardant where one normal eats about once a month but now has to order takeout?

Edit: Damm auto-correct. Make that 'restaurant".
                  Hahahaha! I love auto correct some times.

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                  Good Morning, Lodge!

I am out of Wisconsin. When they closed down the state, we were considered "essential", but only 1 person needs to be there. My boss selected themself. HR never said if we were laid off or furloughed. The only thing they said was that we would have insurance until the end of the month. As I hold the health insurance, I opted to transfer to one of the grocery/liquor stores closer to home. My last day in Wisconsin I cleaned out my desk. The original plan for me was when I came back from maternity leave, I was going to go to one of the grocery stores so I can be closer to home and work part time. Former boss is not happy with me. I have zero *s given. I like working at the store. Easy, change of pace, and a 1/3 of the distance drive.

Hubby started a new job at the beginning of March. He is a supervisor. 3 weeks into the job, he had to furlough his entire shift. He is working 1st shift with a skeleton crew.

On the baby front, 29-1/2 weeks along. Lil' wore Black is his daddy 2.0. Crib is in place. We are trying to get the room ready for him, but it has been tough given the current situation.
                  The world has made a huge business of telling expectant families they need all sorts of sh1t that is baby specific and new. You need a car-seat to travel home, diapers, clothes* and food. If you are breast feeding you don't need anything solid for months.

*they don't need to be a perfect fit- bigger is OK. If you look at years ago (other than car seats) most everything was done in a way that was frugal and sensible. In a lot of places bassinets were a dresser drawer, the diapers were old cloths, food was stuff from the table and the boob and toys were what was safe in the living space. All this enrichment toy garbage is garbage. Kids learn just fine playing with a spoon and a pot.

** no strong feelings about this over the years I have taken care of people who were uber well off, did everything the magazines told them and people who struggled to stay afloat and used what they had. The people who used what they had did just fine and their kids sometimes were better off developmentally.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    The world has made a huge business of telling expectant families they need all sorts of sh1t that is baby specific and new. You need a car-seat to travel home, diapers, clothes* and food. If you are breast feeding you don't need anything solid for months.

*they don't need to be a perfect fit- bigger is OK. If you look at years ago (other than car seats) most everything was done in a way that was frugal and sensible. In a lot of places bassinets were a dresser drawer, the diapers were old cloths, food was stuff from the table and the boob and toys were what was safe in the living space. All this enrichment toy garbage is garbage. Kids learn just fine playing with a spoon and a pot.

** no strong feelings about this over the years I have taken care of people who were uber well off, did everything the magazines told them and people who struggled to stay afloat and used what they had. The people who used what they had did just fine and their kids sometimes were better off developmentally.
                    I cannot believe the numerous items/crap people are saying that we need. I am playing this very cheap. We have received a bunch of used baby items from hubby's co-workers. One of them was a bassinet. I want to take advantage of the used item sales, but they are being postponed or cancelled. We are trying to stock on diapers and formula whenever we can.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I cannot believe the numerous items/crap people are saying that we need. I am playing this very cheap. We have received a bunch of used baby items from hubby's co-workers. One of them was a bassinet. I want to take advantage of the used item sales, but they are being postponed or cancelled. We are trying to stock on diapers and formula whenever we can.
                      Hell, even a crib is optional to a point. Both LGFs were in a pack-n-play in our room for a large portion of their infancies. Made the nighttime feedings easier.
                      I was told there would be no math...

Comment

I cannot believe the numerous items/crap people are saying that we need. I am playing this very cheap. We have received a bunch of used baby items from hubby's co-workers. One of them was a bassinet. I want to take advantage of the used item sales, but they are being postponed or cancelled. We are trying to stock on diapers and formula* whenever we can.
                        It isn't 'cheap'. It is smart. No one needs a baby wipe warmer or a special thing to wipe binkies.

Put out the word amongst your peeps- People will lend things. They keep it because they don't want to throw it away but will be glad to offload it.

I usually give board books, basic onesies and socks past 9 months and a Christmas tree ornament. No one ever gives clothes past 6-9 months. Onsies are useful no matter what season. so are sox. For family I start a savings account (not in the kids name- if tey end up needing any sort of social asst or scholarship that counts against them) that I add something for BD and Christmas every yr. They get it when they graduate from HS. Usually ends up around 1200$ We send a card every CHristmas telling the kid what they have in the acct. THey dream all sorts of dreams of what they will use it for and end up using it for things that are more practical. One of the kids used it to pay school when her dad absconded with money that was supposed to be hers.

*Careful with formula. Some babies don't tolerate certain kinds. You could end up with a stash that the baby can't tolerate.
                        Last edited by leswp1; 04-02-2020, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                          Hell, even a crib is optional to a point. Both LGFs were in a pack-n-play in our room for a large portion of their infancies. Made the nighttime feedings easier.
                          Lil' wore Black's room is not that far away. We are going to be getting a pack-n-play from my in-laws. That might be placed downstairs when my parents come over. My mom cannot go upstairs.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          It isn't 'cheap'. It is smart. No one needs a baby wipe warmer or a special thing to wipe binkies.

Put out the word amongst your peeps- People will lend things. They keep it because they don't want to throw it away but will be glad to offload it.

I usually give board books, basic onesies and socks past 9 months and a Christmas tree ornament. No one ever gives clothes past 6-9 months. Onsies are useful no matter what season. so are sox. For family I start a savings account (not in the kids name- if tey end up needing any sort of social asst or scholarship that counts against them) that I add something for BD and Christmas every yr. They get it when they graduate from HS. Usually ends up around 1200$ We send a card every CHristmas telling the kid what they have in the acct. THey dream all sorts of dreams of what they will use it for and end up using it for things that are more practical. One of the kids used it to pay school when her dad absconded with money that was supposed to be hers.

*Careful with formula. Some babies don't tolerate certain kinds. You could end up with a stash that the baby can't tolerate.
                          I still do not get the point of wipe warmers. We have put out the word with friends and family. I am waiting to see when is a good time to go to one of my friend's house to pick up some of their items. Here is to hoping everything will be starting to get back to normal by the time the baby arrives in mid-June.

Comment

Went shopping today. Saw online a Target near me had Clorox wipes. Left my place a little before 8am. And of course, no Clorox wipes. I also bought tennis balls. Why, you ask? I have a light down jacket that I wanted to wash as soon as I got home. The washing instructions said to dry it with three tennis balls. Not sure why. The jacket is now clean and dry.

Went to my Market Basket. As of today, they're starting to limit the number of people in the stores. I didn't have to wait very long. My store is quite large. They had pretty much everything I needed, except for toilet paper. I got that at the next Target I went to. Which also had no wipes. I'm not checking that stuff online any more. A friend found some at a BJ's that's literally up the street from my place. I may do a temp membership so I can give that a whirl.

What I did get at Market Basket was bleach. Been researching how to use it. I get that it needs to be diluted and I can put in a spray bottle. But nowhere have I seen how to use it. Do I wipe/wash with a cloth? Paper towels? Should I wear gloves? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Went shopping today. Saw online a Target near me had Clorox wipes. Left my place a little before 8am. And of course, no Clorox wipes. I also bought tennis balls. Why, you ask? I have a light down jacket that I wanted to wash as soon as I got home. The washing instructions said to dry it with three tennis balls. Not sure why. The jacket is now clean and dry.

Went to my Market Basket. As of today, they're starting to limit the number of people in the stores. I didn't have to wait very long. My store is quite large. They had pretty much everything I needed, except for toilet paper. I got that at the next Target I went to. Which also had no wipes. I'm not checking that stuff online any more. A friend found some at a BJ's that's literally up the street from my place. I may do a temp membership so I can give that a whirl.

What I did get at Market Basket was bleach. Been researching how to use it. I get that it needs to be diluted and I can put in a spray bottle. But nowhere have I seen how to use it. Do I wipe/wash with a cloth? Paper towels? Should I wear gloves? Anyone?
                              We use it at the daycare as part of a three step process on the tables: soapy water, rinse water, bleach water. We spray the table, then wipe With a paper towel, repeating the process with each bottle. We also spray down toys and equipment each night with the bleach water and let it air dry.
                              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

We use it all the time at my work. 10 parts water, 1 part bleach.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X