X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    We use it all the time at my work. 10 parts water, 1 part bleach.
    So you don’t clean with soapy water first? Everything I’ve read said you need to do that. Which means I’ve wasted money on bleach as I wanted to dilute it and spray on a paper towel to wipe down my groceries, not use soap and water first.

Gah! When will stores get wipes again???

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So you don’t clean with soapy water first? Everything I’ve read said you need to do that. Which means I’ve wasted money on bleach as I wanted to dilute it and spray on a paper towel to wipe down my groceries, not use soap and water first.

We only use it on surfaces so I have no idea for food.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        We only use it on surfaces so I have no idea for food.
        Not food. Groceries. Boxes of cereal, crackers, packages of napkins, canned vegetables, coffee, etc. Also, do you use a rag, paper towels, a sponge? Sorry, this is my anxiety talking......

Comment

For things like groceries, you could just let them sit for a day. We usually just let them stay in the entry way unless they need refrigeration.

If they need to be frozen or chilled, we just wipe them down with wipes or even a paper towel with dampened with soapy water. Honestly the risk is very minimal. But if you want to be sure, soapy water or alcohol on a paper towel is fine. I’m sure a flour sack type kitchen towel or whatever you have in your kitchen is fine.

Most sites I’ve read say it’s not necessary though. That said, we didn’t want to take chances.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            For things like groceries, you could just let them sit for a day. We usually just let them stay in the entry way unless they need refrigeration.

If they need to be frozen or chilled, we just wipe them down with wipes or even a paper towel with dampened with soapy water. Honestly the risk is very minimal. But if you want to be sure, soapy water or alcohol on a paper towel is fine. I’m sure a flour sack type kitchen towel or whatever you have in your kitchen is fine.

Most sites I’ve read say it’s not necessary though. That said, we didn’t want to take chances.
            There are no wipes to be found. Nor is there any alcohol to be found. That’s what started all this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              There are no wipes to be found. Nor is there any alcohol to be found. That’s what started all this conversation.
              Soap and water are a better choice. The soap breaks down the 'capsule' of the virus. I fill the sink with soapy water, pop the plastic things into the sink give them a quick wash and then put them on a dishtowel until they are all done then wipe off without rinsing. Agree with dx- We leave the dry goods in a section of the floor in the dining room for a few days.

I still have no idea why people use wipes. For them to be effective you need to really scrub and it should stay wet for minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                Lil' wore Black's room is not that far away. We are going to be getting a pack-n-play from my in-laws. That might be placed downstairs when my parents come over. My mom cannot go upstairs.

I still do not get the point of wipe warmers. We have put out the word with friends and family. I am waiting to see when is a good time to go to one of my friend's house to pick up some of their items. Here is to hoping everything will be starting to get back to normal by the time the baby arrives in mid-June.
                We do not have a wipes warmer, but I get the idea behind them. When you wipe your child with cold wipes , you will wake them up rapidly as that cold sensation rubs into their genitalia. Think about that sensation going across your own. I’ve seen it many times now.

Note: my baby is almost two months old now, just over 8 weeks.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

As for baby stuff, you'll get a lot of offers for second-hand stuff from friends (the cribs, maybe clothes, that sorta thing), especially from families that are definitely not going to use them anymore, and would rather give them to friends than Goodwill/etc.

Evening, Lodge. Can it be the weekend, already? Jesus. I feel about 10 years older than I am right now.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dude, the weekend just isn’t even relevant. It feels like we’ve lived a year in the last month.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Dude, the weekend just isn’t even relevant. It feels like we’ve lived a year in the last month.
                      It's relevant to me. Work has been WTeff for the last two days, and Fri won't be different. The weekend is a break I need.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Evening, Lodge. Can it be the weekend, already? Jesus. I feel about 10 years older than I am right now.
                        This trip at work has felt incredibly long. Less than a week to go, however.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          This trip at work has felt incredibly long. Less than a week to go, however.
                          Get there, man.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Working...
                                X