• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'm still working on NaSK accepting that baby is allowed to cry. I love that he wants to comfort her, but I hate what that does to her sleep habits.

If she wakes in the middle of the night, I give her 10 minutes to try and sooth herself. If she hasn't, I go in and comfort her a little bit, put her back in the crib. She typically cries while I leave the room and close the door. 10 seconds later she stops crying and then falls asleep.
        If NaSK gets her in the middle of the night, as soon as he puts her in the crib and she starts crying or tossing and turning, he holds her. 4 hours later he's still in her room because he doesn't want her to cry.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Hope you're all doing well! I'm back at work after taking a couple of days of. It was nice to disconnect for a couple of days. Now it's been not too bad to jump back into things. Helps to keep my mind occupied.

MEUSA - congrats on the nuptials!! So happy you were able to make that happen during all of this. Looks like you had a lovely day.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
            I'm still working on NaSK accepting that baby is allowed to cry. I love that he wants to comfort her, but I hate what that does to her sleep habits.

If she wakes in the middle of the night, I give her 10 minutes to try and sooth herself. If she hasn't, I go in and comfort her a little bit, put her back in the crib. She typically cries while I leave the room and close the door. 10 seconds later she stops crying and then falls asleep.
            If NaSK gets her in the middle of the night, as soon as he puts her in the crib and she starts crying or tossing and turning, he holds her. 4 hours later he's still in her room because he doesn't want her to cry.
            Lil' wT has NaSK wrapped around her little finger. This will be just the beginning. St. Clown, I am looking at your direction.

I know I am going to have my share with my Special Little Guy.

Good Morning, Lodge!
            Originally posted by Skeeterman
            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              MEUSA - congrats on the nuptials!! So happy you were able to make that happen during all of this. Looks like you had a lovely day.
              Thanks dear! Weather was awesome and made the day. Hopefully we can celebrate soon like we planned.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                Lil' wT has NaSK wrapped around her little finger. This will be just the beginning. St. Clown, I am looking at your direction.

I know I am going to have my share with my Special Little Guy.

Good Morning, Lodge!
                My little one just had her two-month checkup, she measured in at 25" long, 14 lbs, and 9oz, and received the four shots due. That's tough to watch. With her length, she's kicking at the end seams of her 3-6mo sleep sack. Her other numbers, head circumference and weight are both in line with her length. She's something like 6 weeks ahead of being on the CDC's size/age chart. It has to slow down, right?

https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/dat...l/cj41c018.pdf
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Oh oh. Just don't rescue him and make sure you expect him to be functional all day If he is tired - oh well, not your problem!

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  My little one just had her two-month checkup, she measured in at 25" long, 14 lbs, and 9oz, and received the four shots due. That's tough to watch. With her length, she's kicking at the end seams of her 3-6mo sleep sack. Her other numbers, head circumference and weight are both in line with her length. She's something like 6 weeks ahead of being on the CDC's size/age chart. It has to slow down, right?

https://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/dat...l/cj41c018.pdf
                  YIKES that kiddo is a big baby.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

Had my annual review today. Mgr, who I will dub JBoss, has been my immediate mgr for just under a year, although I've known him for several years (he worked on the counter sales/will call side of things previously). JBoss said that because of him having to help my backups on my days off, or coming over as a 3rd man (especially during this pandemic, and biz has been crazy), he's gotten a much better understanding of what goes on at the offsite.

He said that the fluidity of my co-worker and me was amazing, we just know what each other is doing, without saying a word. Also said that while my backup/subs can do the job very well, NO one can do it like how I do it. Said that no one is coming close to my level. Specifically mentioned a Thursday a couple weeks ago, when we needed 4 people at the offsite, due to volume (that was the crazy PPE/paper product day), that he was amazed at the organization/direction I was giving out. Quote, "You RAN that sh*t, and it got done."

So, got a nice raise and a yearly bonus (even though I am hourly; bonuses are usually reserved for salaried).
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I am so sore I can barely move but one out of the 3 sides to the garden fence is sunk into the ground.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Looking like a 12+ hour drive home Thursday. Company estimated about half of the flights they have booked for employees have been getting canceled. I was leaning towards driving anyways, but was hoping to be further east than we will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X