X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

s’upp y’all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I love having nothing to do. This makes me happier than normal times!
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

My wife and I have been nearly isolated since the first full week of February, taking care of a newborn. It's been tough, to say the least, the past few weeks. Three weeks ago we bought a MN Zoo family pass - big trails to walk, large indoor areas, as well, etc.. It was only the second time we left the house with our baby for social purposes. The week after we bought the pass, it pretty much rained or was too cold to confidently be at the zoo. Then the zoo announced that it's closed for an undetermined amount of time. Then they announce that they're closed through mid-May.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

les - did you ever get the cable issue straightened out?

I bought ammonia yesterday thinking it was alcohol. Before I return it...does ammonia work to kill germs or is it just a good cleanser?

Comment

It is a good cleaner, but has different applications. You can find a lot of applications with a Google search.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                les - did you ever get the cable issue straightened out?

I bought ammonia yesterday thinking it was alcohol. Before I return it...does ammonia work to kill germs or is it just a good cleanser?
                Apparently direct TV didnt have it and by the time we worked that out (not by them telling us) both the games we wanted to watch were done.

EPA has a great page for what cleans what and how long it needs to have contact, etc.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Been out in the yard. We are putting lattice up to cover under the sunroom. THis has been a project that mr les has avoided for 24 years. lilnsl did the deck last yr. Doing this now before the garden gets too full and we can't get back there. Psyched except.... My neck and shoulder are a mess. I usually keep them OK by going for a massage every 2 weeks. NOt open for the foreseeable future. My body is haveing quite the conversation with my brain about whether digging in rocky soil is good.

Comment

Hi everyone from sunny southern CT! Hope everyone is well. I've been trying to work from home and homeschool the two kids at the same time. Not a good combination if I want to be productive, but we'll figure it out.
                  Orginally Posted by Sloe Gin - Legal is the Queen of the board.

Race Diva and "Ruler of the South"

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1
                  I must say that I was impressed by the amount of alcohol she coud handle.

Originally posted by Markt
                  That almost lifts the sadness of realizing just how far out of my league Legal is. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by legal_hit View Post
                    Hi everyone from sunny southern CT! Hope everyone is well. I've been trying to work from home and homeschool the two kids at the same time. Not a good combination if I want to be productive, but we'll figure it out.
                    Hiyah legal! Now we just need Unca Ray to serve Maaaaagahritahs!

We all just put lattice under the porch so it isn't a gaping hole on cement columns. mr les has been avoiding this since we put the house on before lilnsl was born. lilnsl likes to do this kind of stuff. mr les was still trying to stall but when I started clearing out the area lilnsl got on board and away we went. Have to figure out what to do with the last little bit- we built over the old macadam walk and that part the tar is still in place. The pick ax went to work earlier- oh to have a young back!! but this is a little trickier.

I am very, very sore.

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge! Still trying to do my part supporting small businesses, ordered a take-out pizza from a semi-local joint (Grizzly's in Plymouth). Got there, and they said the first pizza was "mis-shapen" so they cooked up a second one, gratis, since they wanted to keep up to their standards (their words). 2-for-1 for the win!

In the past 3-4 days, I've seen the entire Craft Works family (Old Chicago, Rock Bottom Brewery, some others), and another local place (Punch Social) shut down permanently, due to the semi-shutdown of the state. I would rather not see any more in that situation. I'm getting more take-out/gift cards right now than ever. It may be a drop in the bucket, but if the word spreads and more people do this...there is hope.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

All our businesses that I walk by are shut with signs saying until further notice. We are still in the make it at home phase. Not sure financially where things will be so not spending any more than we have to. We don't usually go out so that is no different than before.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          All our businesses that I walk by are shut with signs saying until further notice. We are still in the make it at home phase. Not sure financially where things will be so not spending any more than we have to. We don't usually go out so that is no different than before.
                          I said it earlier, 2020 is the K-T boundary for small businesses.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I said it earlier, 2020 is the K-T boundary for small businesses.
                            It is. Some are not equipped for this sort of thing, and some are. It's a shame.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              It is. Some are not equipped for this sort of thing, and some are. It's a shame.
                              The only ones who will survive are the ones who own their building.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                The only ones who will survive are the ones who own their building.
                                I can't speak for fact on that, but the local restaurants/breweries around me that are open for to-go sales (including gift cards) are getting a lot of support. It's really become a grass-roots movement, and that makes me happy. Will all of them survive? No. But, hey, the public is trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X