This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

More and more research is coming out saying surface-to-surface infections are more rare than we thought. That said, until it’s definitive, do what makes you feel less anxious. We don’t wipe things down anymore if they sit for a day. We just simply wash veggies with water when we’re ready to use them.

You probably don’t need to wipe down the car if you basically let it sit for 24 hours. I haven’t done that with my car and my wife who works in the hospital doesn’t do that with hers. We still do the clothes in hamper and immediately shower routine when she gets home from the hospital.

It’s most important to wash your hands well and wear a mask, multiple layers help. Thicker fabrics like denim or flannel are best. Quilting material is good as well. There was a paper in a respected journal that indicated particle filtration was as good as 90% (!!!) with homemade masks made well and properly fitted. I posted an article in the Covfefe thread (amazingly, that word now autocorrects even though I don’t know if I’ve ever typed it lol) that did the original research. Good stuff.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I only wipe down the milk and yogurt containers. Probably paranoia. I just know we keep viral samples in the fridge so I figure it doesn't hurt.

I figure if I wipe up before i get in the car it saves a lot of worrying.

I was saying to mr les that I feel like my worlds have collided. I spend a lot of time with my students talking about clean technique, infection control, being uber careful at work (the students watch me like a hawk to see if I do the right thing). I am not a germophobe outside of work usually but inside I am a stickler.

I really wish I didn't have the knowledge I have. It is hard to have done the demos with people showing them how easily things can spread and not be aware of how easy it is for this. It is fatiguing to be 'on' without a break for a long time. I watch people rationalize why they should be able to do [x] safely. I know they are rolling the dice with risk and it could kill but a part of me is envious. Even if they are way wrong, catch it or pass it to someone that ends in a bad outcome, they get the mental break of believing they are safe to do what they want.
      Last edited by leswp1; 05-27-2020, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

How is the country club doing? RFAlph- are you still receiving $$ via email?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Good Afternoon Lodge!

How is the country club doing? RFAlph- are you still receiving $$ via email?
              Yes, but it has been going down. Total for this year to date is $172,018,008.31.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Yes, but it has been going down. Total for this year to date is $172,018,008.31.
                slacker!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!
                      Quiet in here. Does that mean people have a life or they have nothing to say about it?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Good Evening Lodge!
                        Quiet in here. Does that mean people have a life or they have nothing to say about it?
                        Riots, to be honest. So much info and events going on involving them.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                        X