This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Life as usual on the floating hotel. Essentially a self-quarantine, only 6 of us on here, all seemingly in good health. Minimal contact with the outside world.

Time will tell where things are at when I'm due to go home Apr 9. Stay safe and healthy, folks!

Comment

s’upp y’all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Top o' the mornin' to tLodge!

And the rest of the day to meself...
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodgers.

Catching up on this thread, happy to think my team's hockey season ended on a win over little brother. I guess that's a different way to look at sports being over. More teams got to end their seasons with a win. I do recall wanting to chant "season's over" when we beat Sparty just over a week ago (was it really that recent?), I didn't know that everyone's season would be over.

I work for a manufacturing plant, in a support role. While I can do much of my work remotely, I can't do all of it. Production can't work from home. Some of our design engineers are working from home now, so the office is a few less people, but still potential for disease spread. We are trying to keep our distance and disinfect surfaces, but that only lowers the risk, it doesn't eliminate it.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              This has been the most stressful week of my life... Guilt, anxiety, joy, anticipation, fear...
              I am going to need a stiff drink Saturday night. The emotions are just going to get the best of me I think.
              I can't imagine what you are going through (though the photos that have emerged on FB look great).

Things here are ... tense. I had a previously scheduled vacation this week, so I've been out of the hospital. I am also starting a new job (in education) starting on 3/30, so I'm starting to get looped in on changes in the education parts in addition to still working my regular shifts. I've been off since last Friday and don't go back onto the floor until this coming Friday. I've basically been holed up in my house since ... which is making me a little stir crazy.
              Planning on asking my elderly neighbors if they need anything from the grocery store on Thursday when we go back to the store.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Holed up here at home getting messaged by various family members who are either dealing with people who do not want to be responsible or are freaking out.

Comment

I suspect that by the end of the week, we're going to shut down, for God knows how long. Upper management had a 4 1/2 hour meeting today, and I know that was the bulk of the meeting. Now I've got to seriously sit down and look at the checkbook to figure out just how far back I need to cut if/when it comes to that.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I suspect that by the end of the week, we're going to shut down, for God knows how long. Upper management had a 4 1/2 hour meeting today, and I know that was the bulk of the meeting. Now I've got to seriously sit down and look at the checkbook to figure out just how far back I need to cut if/when it comes to that.
                    Lots of people seem to be having that meeting

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Well, our paper supplies are now on "restriction" and some special team somewhere decides what orders get filled. That's how low we are.

And now that MN has the "shutdown," orders for all plastic silverware/dinnerware (for takeout from restaurants) is spiking hardcore. We'll probably be mostly depleted by the end of the week, if not sooner.

On one hand, thank you job security. On the other? Thank God I have a couple days off next week.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have never seen DC's cherry blossoms before without a lot of HS students/
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, we had the meeting today. We're NOT shutting down. We're splitting our staff. Half the staff is home one week, the other half is home the next week, etc. The people who have responsibilities deemed "critical" will be getting laptops and are expected to work from home on the weeks where they're not in the office. We're all getting paid for the entire time, salaried and hourly, until 5/1, and things will be re-evaluated at that point.

I'll take it in a heartbeat. I get my laptop tomorrow.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                Well, we had the meeting today. We're NOT shutting down. We're splitting our staff. Half the staff is home one week, the other half is home the next week, etc. The people who have responsibilities deemed "critical" will be getting laptops and are expected to work from home on the weeks where they're not in the office. We're all getting paid for the entire time, salaried and hourly, until 5/1, and things will be re-evaluated at that point.

I'll take it in a heartbeat. I get my laptop tomorrow.
                                Phew! That is great to hear!

Good evening CC Lodge dwellers!

I was trying to do less screen time today so am just catching up. I feel so much more sane not keeping up.

Comment

Working...
                                X