X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

Good morning Lodge.

NaSK and I haven't moved to our new house yet (finding movers and listing a house at this time is complicated), but we did have dinner there for the first time last night.

Power went out at the current house in the early afternoon. After an original prediction of it being restored before 6 pm, that changed to 9:45 pm. So, we grabbed a few essentials for making dinner, loaded up the cars with other stuff to move and had a meal at a folding table set up in our new kitchen.

NaSk had already taken a tv and video game system over there, so we entertained ourselves with that (as we haven't set up internet there yet).
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

So, my ankle is really starting to hurt again. I literally have done nothing. I did go food shopping on Friday and walked quite a bit. I did not do anything that I can recall that would have caused the pain I'm feeling. I'm using my crutches today and will ice it in a bit. Not sure what to do here. I guess I could start taking Advil again but I've been taking Tylenol every morning. I'm going to stop the Tylenol for a few days before I start up with Advil. I don't know if the lack of walking on it has made it hurt or not, but I'm hoping the lack of walking on it and using crutches will make it heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        So, my ankle is really starting to hurt again. I literally have done nothing. I did go food shopping on Friday and walked quite a bit. I did not do anything that I can recall that would have caused the pain I'm feeling. I'm using my crutches today and will ice it in a bit. Not sure what to do here. I guess I could start taking Advil again but I've been taking Tylenol every morning. I'm going to stop the Tylenol for a few days before I start up with Advil. I don't know if the lack of walking on it has made it hurt or not, but I'm hoping the lack of walking on it and using crutches will make it heal.
        I can't remember, was this a bone or soft tissue injury?

If it was a sprain, it's not in a cast, your doctor okayed it, the best PT I did was spelling the ABCs with my foot while keeping my leg still. My ankle was severely ****ed up after I slipped on the ice. After about a month I could start to move it again out of the braces. Took another two months of PT and very supportive high ankle construction-type boots but I could finally walk on it. Then another two or three months of walking with a brace before I could walk normally again.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I can't remember, was this a bone or soft tissue injury?

If it was a sprain, it's not in a cast, your doctor okayed it, the best PT I did was spelling the ABCs with my foot while keeping my leg still. My ankle was severely ****ed up after I slipped on the ice. After about a month I could start to move it again out of the braces. Took another two months of PT and very supportive high ankle construction-type boots but I could finally walk on it. Then another two or three months of walking with a brace before I could walk normally again.
          I had surgery to repair a torn tendon and while he was in there, he broke the ankle to reset it. I think this pain is a ligament strain. It happened a few times late December thru March. I went to see my doctor on March 3, he took an x-ray. No damage. He did take a mold of my foot and produced new orthotics which I got a week ago. I wear them in my sneakers but I haven't been wearing my sneakers a lot. I'm wondering if that the infrequent use has been a factor, is it how I'm sitting, etc. I am going to start wearing my brace for a few days. I haven't worn it since that date. The next few days it should be helpful to not walk, but I will need to go out later this week and need to not be in pain. Would prefer not to have to go out using a crutch.

Comment

Afternoon y’all. Another day that feels like an eternity today!
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Having one of those days where powering thru and hanging in there are just about it.

Scarlet- wear the orthotics faithfully, at all times, no barefoot walking. Think about it like a retainer after braces. If they are supporting you but you do it only a little of the time then it won't work and it will be sore after.

I would like it to be nice outside. The grey skies and cold are getting to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I would like it to be nice outside. The grey skies and cold are getting to me.
                Don't look at the forecast!
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Don't look at the forecast!
                  too late

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Good Afternoon Lodge!

Having one of those days where powering thru and hanging in there are just about it.

Scarlet- wear the orthotics faithfully, at all times, no barefoot walking. Think about it like a retainer after braces. If they are supporting you but you do it only a little of the time then it won't work and it will be sore after.
                    That's a great way to think about it. I have the brace on now I'll put my sneakers on after dinner and walk around my place. Will plan to do that tomorrow as well. It's weird because it's feeling great lately. Not sure what caused this newest bout of pain.

I just heard someone on my floor walk by coughing heavy. I'm never leaving my unit. At least not for a couple days. JFC.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Got my letter stating I am an essential employee today, to present to any authority that wonders why I'm out and about (overkill, but I get it). Also was notified that I'm getting a pay bump for the next month, since I cannot work at home, and considered "essential." That'll work.

Gorgeous day here today, although looking not as gorgeous for the weekend.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

More of those letters than N95s to go around.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

We just have about nothing to sell right now for PPE/paper products/etc of that sort. We are cleaned out. Best guess? Probably 100-200 cases of that stuff, instead of 30-40 thousand.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

They have no idea what to do with us...no training for another week. Still getting paid though.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I wonder if the manufacturers are selling directly to medical facilities.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Probably to help eliminate the price gouging.
                              Code:

Comment

I wonder if the manufacturers are selling directly to medical facilities.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Probably to help eliminate the price gouging.
                                I know we are not gouging, and are screening orders, so that the ones most in need get their orders. FTR, we are overpriced to begin with; we are just not raising prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X