This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: Choose A Number

I am a bit worried about a message on my Credit Union's website where information (about COVID-19) was spelled "finroamtion". That's worse than UHN. At least I think they meant information.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So 2020 is completely ruined for me. Olypmics being moved to 2021 means i have to reschedule our entire trip that was built around that event.

Not sure what to do with the extra 2 weeks vacation i now have available this year.

I hate everyone! (Not really)
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I am a bit worried about a message on my Credit Union's website where information (about COVID-19) was spelled "finroamtion". That's worse than UHN. At least I think they meant information.
        Sure they weren’t trying to make a really really bad FINRA joke?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          I'm 99% sure I'm an "essential employee," so that helps. I'm more worried about friends that are not "essential." I have a feeling that the current economic situation is just the beginning...
          I am considered essential in the banking industry, but have been able to work from home beginning last week, which is good. I agree with you, though. The estimates of 30% unemployment make me shudder to think about.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

As long as FINRA, SEC, and investments exist, I'll have my job in compliance.

Not sure about the wife's job however.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Morning tLodge. Hello from the essential CoVid-19 workforce
              Originally posted by Bakunin
              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                So 2020 is completely ruined for me. Olypmics being moved to 2021 means i have to reschedule our entire trip that was built around that event.

Not sure what to do with the extra 2 weeks vacation i now have available this year.

I hate everyone! (Not really)
                We are going to be thousands of dollars up- we had 5 different trips planned with thousands in plane fare alone= never mind the hotel, food, car, etc.

However- I would have been on my 9th day of a trip to St Crois planned for over a year to see my best friend. Now no idea when we will get to see each other.

Have an elderly family member on O2, in isolation with a + test for COVID. One of the inlaws kids in 20s- pneumonia, coughing up blood but they won't admit because he doesn't need 02. my SIL lost all her hours at the hosp= not doing what she does now. It has been an exciting few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  I am considered essential in the banking industry, but have been able to work from home beginning last week, which is good. I agree with you, though. The estimates of 30% unemployment make me shudder to think about.
                  I’m in trust operations. We’re essential, but my department has the ability to work from home. Most departments can’t do that, or at least they couldn’t when my parental leave started. I think they started passing out BCP laptops for more people to WFH, but I’m not certain as I’m only loosely in the loop right now.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Essential here as well. Working from home this week, at the office next week, then home...etc.

It's nice to have an 8-step commute, but I've finished the last two days with headaches. I'm clearly doing something wrong here.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Official email today: I am essential, given that we supply PPE.

Only 1 confirmed case so far in our company nationwide, although 2 possible cases are being confirmed. We get daily emails on it. One of the possibles is at the main building here (where I am not located).

At least the weather is warming up enough I can hang out on the balcony during my off-time, get some fresh air.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I am not working but lilnsl said today I should have office hours. I have spent the last several days dealing with sick relatives, panicked relatives, friends. today between texts, calls and messages somewhere around 25 for about 4+ hours. Sigh

Comment

s’upp y’all

Check’s in the mail
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Afternoon Lodge!

So far Presser by Boston Mayor, Mass Gov. This is like a snow storm on steroids.

Comment

Working...
                                X