Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 18: Welcome To Our Planet. Sorry It's So Messed Up.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      It’s never too early to teach your kids to say “f- off Karen!”
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

With older folks I tend to keep my mouth shut, may have Alzheimer's or dementia setting in and such. I mean I'd try to get her to stop pestering my kids, but go off? Probably not.

Edit: Not saying this person went off, she definitely didn't.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

This could get messy in the future. Too drunk/high/etc is a legit defense in rape/assault cases. Yes, there are many strings attached, but...

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/wom...lown-1.4969716
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's a fascinating philosophical question about who "I" am. Am I the sum of my decisions, or just my rational decisions? And are my irrational decisions still bound by my conscious decisions if I chose to become irrational?

It's great fodder for philosophy, but I also see rich frat boys raping with impun-- oh, wait. They did before.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              With older folks I tend to keep my mouth shut, may have Alzheimer's or dementia setting in and such. I mean I'd try to get her to stop pestering my kids, but go off? Probably not.

Edit: Not saying this person went off, she definitely didn't.
              I always back off in situations like this. Every scenario has a negative expected value for responding:

1. Drunk, having a bad day, or crazy: will make them physically violent
              2. Conservative: will make them afraid and they'll use their pew pew d-ck enhancer
              3. Liberal: is clueless and/or fresh from college and will become more annoying

Head down, back off. Let the f-ck die in a traffic accident someday.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                It's a fascinating philosophical question about who "I" am. Am I the sum of my decisions, or just my rational decisions? And are my irrational decisions still bound by my conscious decisions if I chose to become irrational?

It's great fodder for philosophy, but I also see rich frat boys raping with impun-- oh, wait. They did before.
                I'm thinking the most common situation that will happen, is say, a Tinder thing, or similar. All are sober when the night begins, the individuals basically state that there will be sex that night, then they get all *ed up on whatever, and one individual changes their mind before the act occurs.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Look I kind of get what they are saying...but not all crimes require intent. Does the "I was too drunk" defense pertain to negligence and recklessness as well? Those dont require you to have criminal thoughts.

I think that is setting a really bad precedent but maybe uno can define it better for us?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Look I kind of get what they are saying...but not all crimes require intent. Does the "I was too drunk" defense pertain to negligence and recklessness as well? Those dont require you to have criminal thoughts.

I think that is setting a really bad precedent but maybe uno can define it better for us?
                    It's the precedent I'm really worried about. As I mentioned (and the article specifically points out) you can't just say "I was too loaded" and be fine. However, ONE case goes that way...uh oh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I'm thinking the most common situation that will happen, is say, a Tinder thing, or similar. All are sober when the night begins, the individuals basically state that there will be sex that night, then they get all *ed up on whatever, and one individual changes their mind before the act occurs.
                      Yeah, I'm thinking the most common situation is some bro as-shole rapes a girl then claims to be drunk. How else does a righty get laid?

Yes, there are rapes which are miscommunication. Dr. Mrs. wrote a whole dissertation on it, which means I wrote a whole dissertation on it to make it into English. But the majority of rapists are flat out rapists, and they go free, and now they have another tool. Oh joy.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2020, 10:15 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Yeah, I'm thinking the most common situation is some bro as-shole rapes a girl then claims to be drunk.

Yes, there are rapes which are miscommunication. Dr. Mrs. wrote a whole dissertation on it, which means I wrote a whole dissertation on it to make it into English. But the majority of rapists are flat our rapists, and they go free, and now they have another tool. Oh joy.
                        I would agree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          No just some biker guy. That is why I put it here not in the cop thread.
                          He’s been identified and charged

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-capital-crescent-20200606-wlbr53ckuvg6bnd3enottjypbi-story.html

Comment

Engineers try to design new grates to reduce wind resistance of the Golden Gate Bridge...

... accidentally create a haunting hellish siren song thanks to the acoustics of their design. Because it's 2020.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

There are no words that can appropriately express how mortified and apologetic my wife and I are about the insensitive things we said that were captured on social media. There is never a time when it is appropriate to use derogatory terms when speaking about our fellow man. I know that an apology from us rings hollow on many ears in our community, especially in the current environment. We intend on using this experience as an opportunity to grow, listen, learn, and reflect. We are deeply sorry for the impact our actions have had on the Naval Academy, my fellow servicemen and women, our former colleagues, friends, family, and the community as a whole. We are committed to educating ourselves more on the racial inequalities in this country and being better people.
                              Translation: We are sorry we are too stupid not to accidentally go Live on Facebook and show the word who we really are.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                He’s been identified and charged

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-capital-crescent-20200606-wlbr53ckuvg6bnd3enottjypbi-story.html
                                Undoubtedly thinks he's being persecuted for being a white man.

Comment

Working...
                                X