• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Carlson Marketing Group.
    Kurt, not Arne, I assume.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Re: Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Starting to poke around on election season escape options, because I'm dead fcking serious about being out of the country for at least 9-10 days starting 10/29 or 10/30.

So far, based on my interests, I've been thinking:

-Spain
      -Japan
      -Taiwan (possibly combined with a few days in Singapore on arriving or departing end)
      -Argentina/Uruguay

I would definitely hold off on Asia until we see how this coronavirus thing goes, but has anyone been to southern South America?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        US gradients -- (all chit)

delta

(mookie has not been on frontier or alaskan)
        Out of curiosity, when was the last time mookie flew UAL? Because speaking for myself, I would flip United and American in your list right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Starting to poke around on election season escape options, because I'm dead fcking serious about being out of the country for at least 9-10 days starting 10/29 or 10/30.

-Spain
          -Japan
          -Taiwan (possibly combined with a few days in Singapore on arriving or departing end)
          -Argentina/Uruguay

I would definitely hold off on Asia until we see how this coronavirus thing goes, but has anyone been to southern South America?

Bb_dl has been to Argentina, but he doesn't post around here terribly often anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Bb_dl has been to Argentina, but he doesn't post around here terribly often anymore.
            I figured he had probably been there, but even almost 15 years on I take D's opinions of foreign countries with a grain of salt.

Comment

I figured he had probably been there, but even almost 15 years on I take D's opinions of foreign countries with a grain of salt.
              He loved it, IIRC. The German towns were creepy, though. Especially the one with "Mengele Blvd" running through it.

He also enjoyed Colombia, to my surprise.

Comment

He’s one of the more well-traveled people I know. Gives great travel advice.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  He’s one of the more well-traveled people I know. Gives great travel advice.
                  I guess I'm just used to his usual acid around here from 10 years ago. Maybe the wife and kid mellowed him out?

Comment

I guess I'm just used to his usual acid around here from 10 years ago. Maybe the wife and kid mellowed him out?
                    Oh, you can still get it out of him. It's a schtick, though.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Oh, you can still get it out of him. It's a schtick, though.
                      Say "gun control" and that will do it, I'm guessing.

Comment

Out of curiosity, when was the last time mookie flew UAL? Because speaking for myself, I would flip United and American in your list right now.
                        been some time, mookie will admit. of course since then they have roughed up a dr due to overbooking, et.al

american is bad. mookie flies them out of necessity due to oneworld when he has to.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

been some time, mookie will admit. of course since then they have roughed up a dr due to overbooking, et.al

american is bad. mookie flies them out of necessity due to oneworld when he has to.
                          But British Airways also sucks?

Comment

But British Airways also sucks?
                            they are not a solid airways, nope.

very tired. even first class is depressing.
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My last United experience, a transcon in biz (EWR-SFO) this past May, was considerably better than expected (slight delay, chaotic boarding, wide 777 1-2-1 Polaris biz seat, above average food, nice-enough FA service). My last overall American experience, a round-trip ride from DTW to RSW via DFW was awful, even though I was in economy on those flights. I was delayed due to weather on both ends (which is not AAL's fault, of course), but what is their fault/was funny was the time it took to get rebookings figured out in the ice storm delay/cancellation for the return. I called the day I was supposed to depart, and took the option to get a call back in X hours, at which time they informed me they were looking at options. An hour later, they called back to tell me I'd been rebooked on a nonstop Delta flight to DTW from RSW the following morning (back when AA and DL had an interline agreement).

I've only flown American once since (Sorry MNS, and a few of my AAL social media friends), though the Dash 8-300 was a nice #AvGeek checkmark. Another thing I learned from this trip is to avoid DFW when possible, whether it's storms in the summer or ice in the winter, it seems they are perfectly situated to have problems throughout the year (FWIW, that wasn't my first delay experience flying through DFW).

Comment

-Spain
                                -Japan
                                -Argentina/Uruguay

THat gives me the shivers. Was at the pre-screening for Brazil Boys movie where people were disappeared and never came back. Left me scarred for life. Add they have a newly elected guy who is a right wing nut job- no thanks.

My first thought would be to go somewhere tRump doesn't hate with a passion because if he gets elected he will have diarrhea of the mouth on steroids and they will get crazy about Americans. (First time they can say we all aren't as scummy as he is, second time it will be our fault). Maybe a backwoods tour somewhere with no electronics

Comment

Working...
                                X