X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Fly business / first.
    Flying is like grad school. It's only worth it if somebody else pays.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Flying is like grad school. It's only worth it if somebody else pays.
      Must be nice.

Air travel is an essential in my life, if I wanna go anywhere I have to fly.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        (mookie has not been on frontier or alaskan)
        My sole experience on Frontier thus far is having them cancel a flight on me. So...not off to a great start.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I fly Southwest primarily. Work pays for those flights, I reap the benefits with loyalty status so it's virtually never that I get stuck with a middle seat.

I'll fly Delta/Jet Blue/American if Southwest can't do it. United sucks, Spirit is a non-starter for me.

Comment

I've never had a bad experience on American.

You should fly American.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              I've never had a bad experience on American.

You should fly American.
              Board really needs to fix these ads in posts

Comment

When I worked for CMG I flew quite a bit (most of the 90's) on NWA business and sometimes FC. They were great in every way but the FAs were monsters in the US, wonderful especially when based out of Narita. Those were days when it was not uncommon to fly with the plain half-full or less. I can't remember the last flight I took anything less than 145% of capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Delta is McDonalds: it does the job without style or comfort. TBH the whole experience of flying now is a goat rope, and anything short of first class is steerage on a slave transport, so make your plans based on your schedule and if you have connections allow more time for the hop than you think you need.

As an Over 50-American I can remember when flying, even peon class, was fun. What happened to flying is all you need to refute the myth that the market will naturally tend towards the delivery of greater value at lower cost.
                  I’m not sure the last time you flew delta, but on any longer flight I’ve so very greatly appreciated being on Delta. United sucks. ULCCs are a hard ‘No’. even the mid-tiers aren’t great.

Transcontinental flights with delta are where they really shine.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    When I worked for CMG I flew quite a bit (most of the 90's) on NWA business and sometimes FC. They were great in every way but the FAs were monsters in the US, wonderful especially when based out of Narita. Those were days when it was not uncommon to fly with the plain half-full or less. I can't remember the last flight I took anything less than 145% of capacity.
                    You worked for chipotle?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      You worked for chipotle?
                      Cox Media Group?
                      Computer Modelling Group?
                      Checkmate Gaming?

Comment

I’m not sure the last time you flew delta, but on any longer flight I’ve so very greatly appreciated being on Delta. United sucks. ULCCs are a hard ‘No’. even the mid-tiers aren’t great.

Transcontinental flights with delta are where they really shine.
                        From what I’ve heard and read about, the Euro ULCC’s are a nightmare. Ryanair makes the US carriers look like Emirates and co.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Euro ULCCs are the reason why the EU has mandatory compensation payouts if you're delayed more than 3 hours or cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            From DGF:

Sorry I am not an expert on the best fabrics to wear in the heat. I would suggest that dress (based upon the situation) like you would in Minnesota during the hottest parts of July - current humidity right now is 80% and the temp forecast for my area this week ranges from a low of 70 to a high of 91.

Also not sure what they mean my "no shorts of any kind" - do they mean outside the work setting? Maybe your area is more heavily populated with Muslims, but otherwise where I live (and in Manila and most the of country) it's perfectly acceptable to wear shorts while shopping, going out to eat, etc.

Same thing for suits - women wear normal swimwear at the beach as they would in the U.S. Maybe a few less bikinis? But I'm not even sure it's that different.

I have no idea what a rash guard is, but by the sound of it I don't know why it would be necessary. Maybe they mean a swim shirt? Again that might be a good thing depending upon your complexion - we're close to the equator. But as a necessity due to customs? I don't see it.
                            So what they told us is that shorts can’t be above the knee. That’s dumb, so I’d just rather wear a long skirt.
                            Pretty sure we’re not going to any place that is Muslim majority as I believe those are the areas with kidnappings and heightened risk for westerners.
                            I think they just want us to dress conservative. I find it hard to believe I need a full tshirt or rash guard to be on a beach- I’m pretty sure it’s not related to our complexion rather it’s being modest.

Comment

You worked for chipotle?
                              Carlson Marketing Group.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                So what they told us is that shorts can’t be above the knee. That’s dumb, so I’d just rather wear a long skirt.
                                Pretty sure we’re not going to any place that is Muslim majority as I believe those are the areas with kidnappings and heightened risk for westerners.
                                I think they just want us to dress conservative. I find it hard to believe I need a full tshirt or rash guard to be on a beach- I’m pretty sure it’s not related to our complexion rather it’s being modest.
                                Ok - well I guess if that's what they suggest maybe there is precedent there in that location but I still think they're going overboard. All I know is I've never been anywhere in the country where the unofficial dress code in public was that much different than in the U.S. In fact girls around here are not shy about short-shorts at all. No I'm not suggesting you wear them.

Comment

Working...
                                X