Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

Re: Travel 4: All Around the World Same Song

We went a lot of places when I was a kid (looong time ago) and I would love to do it again but we are on a tight budget this Spring. Loved Delft. Went to Edam- YUMMY cheese. Saw Rembrandt and a few other famous artsie things, went on the canals.

Trying to figure out how manageable it is to do it on a shoestring. Have just started looking. Hadn't thought of Utrecht, den Hague. I would be all set bringing a jar of peanut butter, getting some bread and calling that breakfast and lunch. mr les is a bit less adventurous.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Amsterdam at the beginning of June? Have a friend based there..
    no offense ()...but wouldn't the friend already there have a better grip on the experience that this bag of clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    no offense ()...but wouldn't the friend already there have a better grip on the experience that this bag of clowns?
    This is the same group from last yr- books a bunch of things, shows up for some but just no shows (and loses the money) for other things. They don't really plan ahead because if you wave enough money you can do just about anything.

We need to figure out if we can even afford to go.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    This is the same group from last yr- books a bunch of things, shows up for some but just no shows (and loses the money) for other things. They don't really plan ahead because if you wave enough money you can do just about anything.

We need to figure out if we can even afford to go.
    So why are you still going?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So why are you still going?
    Last time I acquiesced and we tried to coordinate with them- which was like trying to nail jello to the wall. This time, if we go we will know what we want to do and meet up with them for dinner or if it fits what we are doing.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

......aaaaand after the original rescheduling to avoid Hong Kong my parents' Asia cruise is now officially cancelled. They're still going to try and do the week in Japan and the week in Hawai'i that weren't cruise-related. TBD.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Thread Information