Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

as walrus582369298xD54 mentioned below, there has NEVER BEEN a harvard-nu final. almost impossible to think how that can slip by.

at one time bc was 8-1 in the final. they are now 20-16, losing their last visit after winning 7 straight. meaning....the igles had a run of 5-14 on the 2nd monday after winning their first round game.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      But will anyone truly notice? Of all the factors we have talked about, first night of Beanpot always being the day after SB is a killer IMO. A lot of people are out/up late that Sunday and then you're asking them to double down for a 2nd straight night. With the Patriots routinely in the SB over the last 20 years all the buzz has been about that. NFL is king.

They shouldn't be married to the first Monday in Feb format. Sure some dinosaur purists might not like it but explore all options to reenergize this thing. Lower prices and explore a potential weekend format. If you were able to have this thing on a Saturday/Sunday format where you had games starting in afternoon now you have the chance of attracting kids who can't go on a school night having stayed up for SB day before.
      Last year I researched Beanpot attendance and also looked at when it was played immediately after the Superbowl and there doesn't appear to be any correlation between the two. Here are the number for each night of the Beanpot and notes for when it was played after the Superbowl, as well as a graph of attendance.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

bu is 54-14 on the first monday in february
        nu is 20-48 over this same time

Comment

on the 2nd monday, bc has the best record at 43-24

however, since 12 of those 43 have come vs nu in the conso game we should not start licking each others popsicles.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            There was definitely good energy in the crowd, but I think the new black seats help make the place feel fuller since unoccupied ones kind of blend in more. In the past, the yellow seats made it glaringly obvious.
            My wife thinks it makes the place look emptier, as occupied ones blend in more.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Attendance reported at 13,141

A quick scan shows it as the 2nd lowest attendance since moving to the TD Garden.
              Not only low attendance, but again, most of them no longer stay for both games, or even most of both games. The three men next to me in the BU section were obviously not BU or BC fans as they were there for the first game, but left after the first period of the BU-BC game. Almost all the NU and Harvard fans left immediately after the first game and most BU and BC fans showed up for the end of the first game (which, as usual, ran long, so the second game started 42 minutes after scheduled).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                Not only low attendance, but again, most of them no longer stay for both games, or even most of both games. The three men next to me in the BU section were obviously not BU or BC fans as they were there for the first game, but left after the first period of the BU-BC game. Almost all the NU and Harvard fans left immediately after the first game and most BU and BC fans showed up for the end of the first game (which, as usual, ran long, so the second game started 42 minutes after scheduled).

Sean
                How much has ticket price increased over time for the event?
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  I don’t have a history but I looked at Ticketmaster last week thinking I might go. A ticket in the lower bowl was $69.50 after the fees.

And not just ticket prices, but you won’t get people staying for both games when they need to eat / drink and don't want to pay $9 for a bottle of water / $12 for a slice of pizza etc. people will leave (or show up after the first game) and eat outside the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    I don’t have a history but I looked at Ticketmaster last week thinking I might go. A ticket in the lower bowl was $69.50 after the fees.

And not just ticket prices, but you won’t get people staying for both games when they need to eat / drink and don't want to pay $9 for a bottle of water / $12 for a slice of pizza etc. people will leave (or show up after the first game) and eat outside the arena.
                    And the whole you can't pay with cash thing is hella annoying. They also didn't open the gelato stand. I was willing to make the financial commitment needed to purchase a food item there (you know, shifted around some bills, sold some stock, etc.) and they didn't even offer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      And the whole you can't pay with cash thing is hella annoying. They also didn't open the gelato stand. I was willing to make the financial commitment needed to purchase a food item there (you know, shifted around some bills, sold some stock, etc.) and they didn't even offer it.
                      The Garden clearly treats college hockey like a second class operation, refusing to offer many of the more interesting concession options. They even did that when they hosted the Frozen Four in 2015!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                        The Garden clearly treats college hockey like a second class operation, refusing to offer many of the more interesting concession options. They even did that when they hosted the Frozen Four in 2015!
                        the jacobs blow chunks.
                        that's all there is to it.

always have, always will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Why do you assume I would have that information? My ticket stubs before 1998 are now a mess, so I was only able to find a few Beanpot ones. Here are the prices for those I have:

1988 $14.00 Loge
                          1989 $15.00 Balcony
                          1993 $19.00 Balcony
                          1994 $20.00 Balcony
                          1998 $27.00 Loge
                          1999 $28.00 Loge
                          2000 $29.00 Loge
                          2001 $30.00 Loge
                          2002 $31.00 Loge
                          2003 $32.00 Loge
                          2004 $33.00 Loge
                          2005 $34.00 Loge
                          2006 $35.00 Loge
                          2007 $36.00 Loge
                          2008 $37.00 Loge
                          2009 $38.00 Loge
                          2010 $39.00 Loge
                          2011 $39.00 Loge
                          2012 $40.00 Loge
                          2013 $40.00 Loge
                          2014 $40.00 Loge
                          2015 $42.00 Loge
                          2016 $45.00 Loge
                          2017 $45.00 Loge
                          2018 $45.00 Loge
                          2019 $45.00 Loge
                          2020 $45.00 Loge

Sean
                          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-04-2020, 12:55 PM. Reason: Because Scarlet had a peeve.

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

LOGE. Not Lodge. /pet peeve

So, how/when do they decide home team/away team for next week? Is it by record or something else?

Comment

Home teams were decided by coin-flip at the pre-Beanpot Banquet thingie.

$14.00 in 1988 is $30.48 in 2020.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                LOGE. Not Lodge. /pet peeve
                                I didn't see you post the prices...

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X