• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Where ya been???
    Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    ya, what's up with that Claver2010?
    hello gents, life gets in the way unfortunately all good on my end tho. i'll take my venting to our thread
    Last edited by claver2010; 02-04-2020, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Attendance reported at 13,141

A quick scan shows it as the 2nd lowest attendance since moving to the TD Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

A quick scan shows it as the 2nd lowest attendance since moving to the TD Garden.
        Was just about to post this.

Too bad, both were excellent games (though they need to do something about the interminable replays)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

It's funny you should post this. I was going to mention I felt it was more full and definitely a bit more active than it has been in previous years. So that number surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            It's funny you should post this. I was going to mention I felt it was more full and definitely a bit more active than it has been in previous years. So that number surprises me.
            There was definitely good energy in the crowd, but I think the new black seats help make the place feel fuller since unoccupied ones kind of blend in more. In the past, the yellow seats made it glaringly obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
              Was just about to post this.

...they need to do something about the interminable replays
              This!! Replay, at least the way it's carried out in college hockey, is choking the game. Hockey, by its nature, is fast and fluid, and IMO line calls should never be decided by micro millimeters.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

never woulda guessed that this igle sr class didn't win a beanpot.
                neither would have guessed their beanpot record is 1-6 with a game to go
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  This!! Replay, at least the way it's carried out in college hockey, is choking the game. Hockey, by its nature, is fast and fluid, and IMO line calls should never be decided by micro millimeters.
                  90 seconds. If you can't tell, it's inconclusive and the call stands as called. If you need 19 camera angles and super slo-mo, it's inconclusive. I came to see the game, not stare at an empty ice sheet

Comment

terriors get the crimson in the first round next year.

the terriors have won their last eight first round matchups vs harvard in the beanpot, so they are a lock to play for the championship again in 2021. (you're welcome scarlet )

Comment

when the huskies won their first beanpot in 1980 (the 28th beanpot), that made them 1-2 in the final..... ergo, the red headed step children were 3 and TWENTY FIVE in the first round game. 3 and flippin' TWENTY FIVE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        terriors get the crimson in the first round next year.

the terriors have won their last eight first round matchups vs harvard in the beanpot, so they are a lock to play for the championship again in 2021. (you're welcome scarlet )
                        That elusive NU/Harvard final will have to wait until 2022.

And here I was hoping we could get it in the 69th edition of the tournament...Gronk would approve

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                          90 seconds. If you can't tell, it's inconclusive and the call stands as called. If you need 19 camera angles and super slo-mo, it's inconclusive. I came to see the game, not stare at an empty ice sheet
                          I say get rid of off sides being reviewable, period. The linesmen get it right at least 95% of the time (my estimation). Of the remaining 5%, I would argue that no more than 5% of the time does it influence the goal directly, like an odd man rush situation, which is usually the easiest for a player to be sure he is not off sides anyway. So for a situation that comes up less than 3/10ths of a percent of the time, we are doing these lengthy reviews.

And the piece that nobody else mentions - if your argument is we need to be sure we are getting it right - well you're still only looking at half of the scenarios - where the linesman fails to call an offsides. How about all the times that he incorrectly blows a play dead thinking it is offsides, but it actually isn't. We never review those of course. So we aren't in fact getting these right.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Yes to all of this on replay. IT'S KILLING SPORTS. MAKE IT STOP!! If we have to have replay, it should ALWAYS be, 30 seconds change or not? Move on. For all sports.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

the beanpot has not seen a team score double digits since the terriors beat nu 11-4 in 1996.

before than one has to go back to 1981 when harvard beat nu 10-2 to find double digits. nu lost the conso game that year to bu 9-2 - almost pulling the unheard of back-to-back double dingers.

in 1971 nu did avg that, losing the first round to bu by a 12-2 score, then losing the conso to bc 8-2

the most lopsided loss in beanpot history was a 15-1 beatdown that bc administered to ..... yup, you guessed it. the huskies in 1961. nu did bounce back though to finish 3rd that year, beating bu 6-2

Comment

Beanpot Facts with Mookie. Love it.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X