Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

did curry take that penalty to stop a 4x0 breakaway? (Mookie has no video or audio)
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Forgot about this new rule. Game goes in the books as a tie.

Comment

So does this game go into the Pairwise as a tie no matter what happens from here on out? That’s what I thought with immediate 5 minute overtime but maybe that’s just to try to end the game before full intermission?

Comment

They upgafuked it

Tied Games - Regular-Season Tournaments - Regular-season tournaments that require a winner for advancement purposes may use the options in Rule 91.2 or 91.4, provided the teams participating in the tournament are notified what procedure will be utilized in advance of the event. The minigame is only allowed in postseason tournaments.
          Tied Games - Regular Season - Conference Policy Formats - If the game remains tied after the provisions used in Rule 91.1, by conference policy only, a five-minute, 3-on-3 overtime may be played, followed by a sudden-death shootout, OR a shootout may be used immediately after the mandatory five-minute sudden death overtime. Non-conference games may not use this provision.
          Tied Games - Postseason Tournament Competition - Where advancement in a bracket or the determination of a tournament champion is necessary, any series in a format (e.g., single game, minigame series) that results in a tie shall be broken by 20-minute, sudden-death overtime periods. The ice shall be resurfaced upon completion of regulation play. The teams shall change ends at the end of each period (except as indicated in Rule 90.2). In each overtime, at the first stoppage of play under the 10-minute mark, an ice maintenance timeout of one-minute in duration will be administered.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
            So does this game go into the Pairwise as a tie no matter what happens from here on out? That’s what I thought with immediate 5 minute overtime but maybe that’s just to try to end the game before full intermission?
            Yes, officially a tie.

Comment

Me thinks the winner of this tilt tonight wins this tourney, this year.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                tie

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Me thinks the winner of this tilt tonight wins this tourney, this year.
                  sandbagging is NOT a good look for nu

Comment

not sandbagging at all. we’ll be back at winning it, just not this season. I’m calling it as I see it.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      not sandbagging at all. we’ll be back at winning it, just not this season. I’m calling it as I see it.

Comment

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

since it is a tie, whyn't just have a shootout and be over

Comment

I predict the dogs will win the crockpot next week.

Comment

What a terrific college hockey game. Wow.

If BU had a goalie first semester they’d be an NCAA team. Gotta do it on the ice down the stretch.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Just a sensational game! One of the best Beanpot games I’ve ever been to. Credit to both teams; what a battle. Enjoyed every second of it and I will absolutely regret being out this late in about 7 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Yes, officially a tie.
                                Everyone gets a trophy.

Actually I was thinking it is odd that after BU loses to NU next week and BC beats Harvard, the 3rd place team will have greater Pairwise benefit from this tournament than the 2nd place team. Very strange rule they went to.
                                Last edited by ericredaxe; 02-04-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X