Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

I'm assuming the 45 bucks doesn't include the ticketbahstid fees? I'm asking because I'm thinking those have gone up exponentially over the last 20 years as well.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      when the huskies won their first beanpot in 1980 (the 28th beanpot), that made them 1-2 in the final..... ergo, the red headed step children were 3 and TWENTY FIVE in the first round game. 3 and flippin' TWENTY FIVE!!!!
      Hence the nickname of the beloved NU SID Jack "5:15" Grinold.

RIP.
      Last edited by Leonidas; 02-04-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Attendance reported at 13,141...
        A quick scan shows it as the 2nd lowest attendance since moving to the TD Garden.
        I don't necessarily think that's a bad number for these reasons: 1) GenZ is notoriously indifferent to sports (except maybe so-called e-sports) and GenZ is what now makes up the undergrad populations; 2) The societal changes in the way that increasing numbers of people choose to consume entertainment (including sports) i.e., on their electronic device(s) of choice). Remember that these games were telecast live by both NESN and NHL Network; 3) the all but obscene ticket prices (not to mention concessions). Sadly, the packed houses are likely a thing of the past, and not just for the Beanpot. There are NHL and NBA games that don't draw 13K.

The apparent GenZ proclivities notwithstanding, Northeastern somehow managed to sellout its student allotment--and then some.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          I didn't see you post the prices...

Sean
          If I did, I would know it was Loge and not Lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
            Why do you assume I would have that information? My ticket stubs before 1998 are now a mess, so I was only able to find a few Beanpot ones. Here are the prices for those I have:

1988 $14.00 Loge
            1989 $15.00 Balcony
            2020 $45.00 Loge

Sean
            Those may also be season ticket holder discount prices. A Loge ticket is showing $50.50 / each + fees = $68.95 total for next week.

There are only a very few individual seats showing as available in the Loge as of right now, so perhaps the championship game will be much better attended... or perhaps some tickets are still to be released.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Those may also be season ticket holder discount prices. A Loge ticket is showing $50.50 / each + fees = $68.95 total for next week.

There are only a very few individual seats showing as available in the Loge as of right now, so perhaps the championship game will be much better attended... or perhaps some tickets are still to be released.
              Nu'ers gobbling them up
              This is their super bowl
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Nu'ers gobbling them up
                This is their super bowl
                Maybe in 2018, but last year the final attendance was over 2,500 below capacity. With BU not winning since 2015 maybe a few of those buying tickets for the final are BU fans.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Maybe in 2018, but last year the final attendance was over 2,500 below capacity. With BU not winning since 2015 maybe a few of those buying tickets for the final are BU fans.

Sean
                  Burger king didn't give anyone the night off last year.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

T-Master fees are truly one of the things I hate most in this world. And I'm no activist. But that is just obscene. If your cost structure requires that much of a margin to be viable, your management sucks. But I'm sure that is not the case, TM is just raking it in hand over fist. I guess what ticks me off is just the way all the teams, venues, etc. have just lined up for it.

BTW - on the "no cash" option - is that a new thing for the TD Garden? Is it event specific? Cuz when I went to an Atlanta soccer game at MB Stadium I liked two things they implemented there to keep the lines moving. One was that all registers were cashless. But if you had cash there was a place you could go to exchange it for a card you could use for your purchases. The second thing they did was made fountain soft drinks free. You buy a cup for $1 at a concession stand, and then fill up anytime you want at any of the machines located throughout the concourse. And to top it off, the prices were cheap! I bought two hot dogs for $5. It was such a breath of fresh air.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

burger king didn't give anyone the night off last year.
                      He shoots and scores!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        He shoots and scores!
                        and often answers his own posts & creams his pants
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          and often answers his own posts & creams his pants
                          That was just plain rude. No comment on its accuracy...

Comment

the jacobs blow chunks.
                            that's all there is to it.

always have, always will.
                            They do, but it was worse in the pre-salary cap era. Much worse.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

bu is 54-14 on the first monday in february
                              nu is 20-48 over this same time
                              on the 2nd monday, bc has the best record at 43-24...however, since 12 of those 43 have come vs nu in the conso game we should not start licking each others popsicles.
                              Not a good idea to live in the past, Mr. Mook
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                I don't necessarily think that's a bad number for these reasons: 1) GenZ is notoriously indifferent to sports (except maybe so-called e-sports) and GenZ is what now makes up the undergrad populations; 2) The societal changes in the way that increasing numbers of people choose to consume entertainment (including sports) i.e., on their electronic device(s) of choice). Remember that these games were telecast live by both NESN and NHL Network; 3) the all but obscene ticket prices (not to mention concessions). Sadly, the packed houses are likely a thing of the past, and not just for the Beanpot. There are NHL and NBA games that don't draw 13K.

The apparent GenZ proclivities notwithstanding, Northeastern somehow managed to sellout its student allotment--and then some.
                                Eh, I think the bigger issue was the general audience. BC and NU both had very large student sections of at least 6 sections. Harvard was a no-show, per usual, and BU had its recently customary (and very spirited) 3.

But the lower bowl and the upper parts of the balcony along the sides never really filled up. Students showed out; where was everyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X