Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Beanpot watch party locations for those residing in the hinterlands:

Boston College: Chicago; Denver; Houston; Naples FL; NYC; Sarasota FL; Seattle; St Louis
    Boston University: Atlanta; Chicago; New Orleans; San Diego; Seattle; Tampa; Washington DC
    Northeastern: Atlanta; Clifton NJ; Manchester NH; Naples FL; NYC; Washington DC; West Palm Beach
    Harvard: No listings (no surprise)

Locations and details on the respective alumni websites
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

If the NHL Network is carrying the game, I don't have to go a bar to watch the game....ahhhhh.
      Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
      —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
        Why isn't Bentley part of the Beanpot? They should at least be part of a play-in game. No reason for the 0-2 Beanpot team to get an auto-bid.
        Bentley can never qualify because their rink is not within the Boston City limits. Obviously Northeastern and BU are in Boston but so are the Harvard and BC rinks even though much of their campuses are in either Cambridge or Newton. The problem would be if UMass Boston ever moved to D1.
        Last edited by BC/HE; 02-03-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Last year was the first Beanpot I did not attend in person in 30+ years. My dad had his first heart attack the week before and we transferred him to a rehab on Super Bowl Sunday. I stayed with him there that night. By the time I got home, I was too mentally exhausted to make the trip into the city. But life goes on, as they say. So today, I'm excited. Excited that it's a beautiful, sunny winter day. Excited that it's Beanpot Monday. Happy to be there in person, cheering my team on. Hoping the outcome will be not what I'm expecting. I know the tournament has lost its luster the past few years. I know that fellow college hockey fans roll their eyes. So be it. This tournament has been a part of my life for so many years. It's been responsible for some joyous moments and some disappointing lows. And I'm so looking forward to being in my seat tonight.

Drop the puck. Go BU!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Last year was the first Beanpot I did not attend in person in 30+ years. My dad had his first heart attack the week before and we transferred him to a rehab on Super Bowl Sunday. I stayed with him there that night. By the time I got home, I was too mentally exhausted to make the trip into the city. But life goes on, as they say. So today, I'm excited. Excited that it's a beautiful, sunny winter day. Excited that it's Beanpot Monday. Happy to be there in person, cheering my team on. Hoping the outcome will be not what I'm expecting. I know the tournament has lost its luster the past few years. I know that fellow college hockey fans roll their eyes. So be it. This tournament has been a part of my life for so many years. It's been responsible for some joyous moments and some disappointing lows. And I'm so looking forward to being in my seat tonight.

Drop the puck. Go BU!!
            I don’t think I’ve read a post that captures the essence of being a BU fan (actually, any college hockey fan) better than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              ...This tournament has been a part of my life for so many years. It's been responsible for some joyous moments and some disappointing lows. And I'm so looking forward to being in my seat tonight...
              WHY THE BEANPOT TOURNAMENT IS SPECIAL

An older alumnus from a Beanpot school is settling into his seat—one of the best in the TD Garden--for opening night of the Beanpot College Hockey Tournament. The seat next to him is empty. As he sits down, a young lady--a stranger--comes by and asks if the empty seat is taken. "No," he says, "the seat will be empty tonight." "This is incredible," said the young lady. "Who in their right mind would buy a super-expensive seat like this for the Beanpot and not use it?"

The old alum says, "Well actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Beanpot we haven't been to together since we met as students back in the day." "Oh," says the stranger. "I'm so sorry to hear that. But couldn't you find someone else--a relative or friend, or even a neighbor--to come here with you?”

The alumnus shakes his head and replies, "Nope, they're all at the wake."

And that, boys and girls, is why the Beanpot is special.
              Last edited by Split-N; 02-03-2020, 08:54 AM.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Over / Under on attendance tonight?

BC having a better season than they have in the past few years playing BU in the prime time game should help attendance somewhat. Northeastern always turns out pretty well and having a strong season so far should also help. Harvard also having a solid season to this point can't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                  If the NHL Network is carrying the game, I don't have to go a bar to watch the game....ahhhhh.
                  Get me a beer!
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                    while CAH is up, get mookie a beer too
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It is funny, we all thought BC and BU (especially BU when they had an iron grip on this tournament) needed to stop winning to help make this tournament relevant again, but even with Harvard and NU finally getting off their butts and winning one or two by accident, it still didn't seem to help IMO. It doesn't have the feel that it used to. I never even got to attend at the old Garden so I can only imagine how great that was.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        It is funny, we all thought BC and BU (especially BU when they had an iron grip on this tournament) needed to stop winning to help make this tournament relevant again, but even with Harvard and NU finally getting off their butts and winning one or two by accident, it still didn't seem to help IMO. It doesn't have the feel that it used to. I never even got to attend at the old Garden so I can only imagine how great that was.
                        Was at a bar this wekeend that had a Nick Papag sticker on the wall, must be a sign, made me chuckle. Long time no talk, go eags.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Get me a beer!
                          Not my forté
                          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            while CAH is up, get mookie a beer too
                            One warm Number #1 special for mookie coming right up.
                            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

if the ticket app market is any indication, it will be a nice house tonight. Last year, I bought $30 loge seats at 5pm. This year, there are only 9 tix left on stub-hub and the cheapest seat is $90.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                if the ticket app market is any indication, it will be a nice house tonight. Last year, I bought $30 loge seats at 5pm. This year, there are only 9 tix left on stub-hub and the cheapest seat is $90.
                                On ticketmaster there are an extensive number of seats from Balcony 305 through Balcony 326. The lower bowl plus most of the other balcony sections look to not have few tickets for sale (at least for sale on ticketmaster)

Comment

Working...
                                X