Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Good game to bu. They have a knack for late goals. They were flowing but cant win 'em all!

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      It's a good comparison but Mookie made one glaring omission. Roethlisberger... Trivino/Nicastro..
      'cept Mookie wasn't comparing stillers to bu. it was how bu fans think about nu.

and ben's sex was consensual always remember: if wet the clit, you must acquit.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by njdevscup30 View Post
        Good game to bu. They have a knack for late goals. They were flowing but cant win 'em all!
        Ummm...which game were you referring to?
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

#Threepot!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            Ummm...which game were you referring to?
            bu were playing well but cant win em all, cant win any lately either

Comment

We're even for the call that led to the Grizz PP winner

If Zegras and Farrance wanna go pro ASAP, I'm cool with that. They're great...

What a 2nd period by NU...one of the best periods I've seen in the 14 years I've been watching NU hockey. Zach Solow is becoming one of my all-time favorite players, dude scores so many big goals...hopefully we get 17 back soon.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Reminds me of 2015..remember! that Karma can be a rhymes with witch

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Attendance reported at 13,141...A quick scan shows it as the 2nd lowest attendance since moving to the TD Garden.
                  So largest attendance in Beanpot history and possibly record TV viewership (NESN/NHL/TSN2). Yeah. The Beanpot is dead.

Comment

That conversation was centered around attendance. So why would the first Monday only draw 13k? Is that the SB hangover effect?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      That conversation was centered around attendance. So why would the first Monday only draw 13k? Is that the SB hangover effect?
                      I think the word "only" is where our views diverge. My take is that we're in a new age where folks consume their entertainment, including sports, primarily on their device(s) of choice. Sold out houses are becoming the exception. There are NHL and NBA games that don't draw 13K.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                        So largest attendance in Beanpot history and possibly record TV viewership (NESN/NHL/TSN2). Yeah. The Beanpot is dead.
                        Better invite Bentley to shake things up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          I think the word "only" is where our views diverge. My take is that we're in a new age where folks consume their entertainment, including sports, primarily on their device(s) of choice. Sold out houses are becoming the exception. There are NHL and NBA games that don't draw 13K.
                          Right but I am just curious why the difference between the Mondays. With 4 teams involved you'd think more people the first Monday. That's why I am curious about the SB factor. I could be way off, but it's not like weather was a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I personally believe that has a lot to do with it. The Patriots have been in the Super Bowl so often in the last 20 years (which coincides with the period of "decline" regarding the Beanpot attendance that we have been talking about), it can't be a coincidence. The Beanpot has had to take a back seat in the media as a result. And this year there was still local interest with the whole Jimmy G thing.

And I'm not saying to move it either, because I'm not sure that would make a significant difference. Instead, it's just one of those coincidental things that nobody has any control over.

Comment

What was the call in overtime officially? Holding or tripping? It's not on the box score (although a 10-MC for Trevor Zegras berating the officials is on the box score which is odd) since anything after the 5:00 mark didn't officially happen. This "didn't exist" after the 5 minutes of OT stuff is interesting. I guess MCs and DQs might count, but not goals or assists or minor penalties? We're really straying into some stupid territory with this IMO.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I haven't been to the Beanpot since I believe 2009. Do ticket prices stay the same? Go up?

Comment

Working...
                                X