Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Was at a bar this wekeend that had a Nick Papag sticker on the wall, must be a sign, made me chuckle. Long time no talk, go eags.
    Where ya been???

Comment

was at a bar this wekeend that had a nick papag sticker on the wall, must be a sign, made me chuckle. Long time no talk, go eags.
      :d
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Implement a time clock for reviews. Determine an amount of time you get to look at something and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Last year was the first Beanpot I did not attend in person in 30+ years. My dad had his first heart attack the week before and we transferred him to a rehab on Super Bowl Sunday. I stayed with him there that night. By the time I got home, I was too mentally exhausted to make the trip into the city. But life goes on, as they say. So today, I'm excited. Excited that it's a beautiful, sunny winter day. Excited that it's Beanpot Monday. Happy to be there in person, cheering my team on. Hoping the outcome will be not what I'm expecting. I know the tournament has lost its luster the past few years. I know that fellow college hockey fans roll their eyes. So be it. This tournament has been a part of my life for so many years. It's been responsible for some joyous moments and some disappointing lows. And I'm so looking forward to being in my seat tonight.

Drop the puck. Go BU!!
          I remember from last year, hope you are well Scarlet. I'm trying to watch from Weatherford TX and there is no NHL network in the hotel so going to a bar! Enjoy the game :-)
          Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-03-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Was at a bar this wekeend that had a Nick Papag sticker on the wall, must be a sign, made me chuckle. Long time no talk, go eags.
            ya, what's up with that Claver2010?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Implement a time clock for reviews. Determine an amount of time you get to look at something and that's it.
              Were there slow reviews in the first game? The second game does seem to be starting pretty late considering the first didn’t go to overtime...

Comment

Yes, apparently two very long ones

Comment

So does Tucker get the start next week against his old rival Harvard?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    So does Tucker get the start next week against his old rival Harvard?
                    Sure looks like it.
                    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      It's not just college sports that are taking an attendance nosedive. Reasons are well-known so no need to rehash here. But millennials (of which I am not one) like "experiences" and the Beanpot still has a feel that's different from a regular season game, even though no league points are on the line. It may not be the automatic sellout it was in the old days but plenty of people will be in the seats, especially for the late game of the first round and, of course, the championship.

The oldest Millennials are almost 40 and the youngest have graduated college already. Today's college kids are Generation Z.
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                        Bentley can never qualify because their rink is not within the Boston City limits. Obviously Northeastern and BU are in Boston but so are the Harvard and BC rinks even though much of their campuses are in either Cambridge or Newton. The problem would be if UMass Boston ever moved to D1.
                        My God I really hope your just joking around. The college hockey Beanpot will always be the same 4 teams. Always!!!
                        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                          My God I really hope your just joking around. The college hockey Beanpot will always be the same 4 teams. Always!!!
                          Was just responding to the unrealistic view of adding teams to the Beanpot. I agree it will never happen as long as college hockey is played by those 4 schools. It just adds to the mystique that all 4 rinks are within the Boston city limit.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                            Was just responding to the unrealistic view of adding teams to the Beanpot. I agree it will never happen as long as college hockey is played by those 4 schools. It just adds to the mystique that all 4 rinks are within the Boston city limit.
                            I almost peed myself reading the Bentley comment.
                            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              if the ticket app market is any indication, it will be a nice house tonight. Last year, I bought $30 loge seats at 5pm. This year, there are only 9 tix left on stub-hub and the cheapest seat is $90.
                              Looks pretty empty to me with 3 minutes left in the third period in a tied game....
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

And a wild game at that. Tell me it wouldn't be better on a Saturday afternoon with lower prices...

Comment

Working...
                                X