Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Get rid of the Beanpot consolation game and move the Women's championship game to that time slot at the Garden. That game would have been far more compelling than watching BC dismantle Harvard.
    This is a cool idea...might actually get some people to come out early.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
      This is a cool idea...might actually get some people to come out early.
      Until the women's game goes OT like last night and the men's game doesn't start until 9:30 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
        Until the women's game goes OT like last night and the men's game doesn't start until 9:30 PM
        This

Comment

No different than the HE semis at the Garden

Comment

And those games are more important than the Beanpot

Comment

And those games are more important than the Beanpot
              And when that happens the building is 3/4 empty by the 3rd period of the late game. And that's on a non-work/school night

Comment

If you're concerned about that, maybe the semifinals should be handled differently?

The work/school night angle is legit though. That's why I thought maybe moving the Beanpot away from the Monday night format might be a good idea. Hey I am just pushing for equality!!!

And from a pure fan's perspective, even as a BC fan, I would have much rather watched the women's final over BC/Harvard blowout.

Comment

Personally I think the best way to handle the possibility of multiple OT games without going to the dumb shootout would be to implement 4 on 4 sudden death across the board. All leagues including NCAA tournament.

Comment

It's the best combination of dealing with time constraints yet ending the game in a "real" manner.

Comment

If you're concerned about that, maybe the semifinals should be handled differently?

The work/school night angle is legit though. That's why I thought maybe moving the Beanpot away from the Monday night format might be a good idea. Hey I am just pushing for equality!!!

And from a pure fan's perspective, even as a BC fan, I would have much rather watched the women's final over BC/Harvard blowout.
                      They moved the semifinals up to 4 PM last year for just that reason. Starting the women's final at 4 would probably be better than the current setup, but it's still a Monday night rather than a Friday and I could see people complaining if both games went OT.

Agreed that I would definitely rather have watched the women's final than the Consolation game.

Comment

In general I think it would be great for the sport if they could combine some of the men's and women's tournament together.

Especially Frozen Fours in cities like Boston/MSP where you don't need to host in the same rink. Boston could use Garden/Egganus but share the fan fair downtown. MSP could use Xcel/Mariucci. Sure sharing a championship night in the big rink is great and OT spillover is no different than a semis night... but not sure how the TV people would feel about their men's title game being handed a setback though. Especially the national title game. Unless you really provided a large space between games like the old FF semis on separate tickets (they keep waffling on this last I heard as my FF attendance has waned).
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                        X