Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beanpot LXVIII: Threepeat?

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Question - assuming the same OT rules apply tonight? So if the game ends in a tie with no goal in the first 5-minute OT then the game goes into the books as a tie? What about the Consolation Game? Will that even go into the second OT?
    Yes, the championship game would be considered a tie for records and PWR. The consolation game doesn't require a winner, so would only play a standard 5-minutes overtime if tied after regulation (by the way, there have only been 5 overtime consolation games, 2 which involved BC and Harvard, including the 1987 game when Len Ceglarski won his at the time record setting 556th career win on a controversial goal at the buzzer).

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-10-2020, 12:14 PM.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Honest question: where do BU fans put NU on their list of rivals now? I know 10 years ago it was toward the bottom but with NU's recent success/Maine and UNH recent struggles, has that changed?

For the record, we still really hate you
      mookie can equate this to steelers and clowns... nu being the clowns of course.

very close proximity to each other.
      same division
      one team with a ton of success historically.
      one team with, well none.
      the clowns hate the steelers and every time they play their fans treat it as their super bowl, cause in truth that is as close as they will ever get to the super bowl.
      the records against are one sided.
      now every now and then there is a stretch where the clowns have a nice little run. brian sipe years. now for nu. but these are hiccups in the long stretch of recorded history.
      steelers, like bu with nu, look at the clowns not as annoying little brothers, but maybe an annoying neighborhood kid. or even a visiting runt cousin from the wrong side of the family.

no offense.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Struble and Filipe are out tonight? Congrats to the Terriers. We're morphing back to the late 90s/early to mid 2000s where winning the ****pot was the season for BU

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          mookie can equate this to steelers and clowns... nu being the clowns of course.

same division
          the clowns hate the steelers and every time they play their fans treat it as their super bowl, cause in truth that is as close as they will ever get to the super bowl.
          now every now and then there is a stretch where the clowns have a nice little run. brian sipe years. now for nu. but these are hiccups in the long stretch of recorded history.
          steelers, like bu with nu, look at the clowns not as annoying little brothers, but maybe an annoying neighborhood kid. or even a visiting runt cousin from the wrong side of the family.

no offense.
          It's a good comparison but Mookie made one glaring omission. Roethlisberger... Trivino/Nicastro.

ALLEGEDLY! God I miss those last few years under Parker. Agganimal House. Triple Secret Probation. 0.0 GPA... those were the days.

Congrats on the Piszpot Terriers fans. I hope you guys show up and harass the heck out of BC late in the consolation game.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

QUOTE=mookie1995;6900406]mookie can equate this to steelers and clowns... nu being the clowns of course.

same division

no offense. [/QUOTE]

Mookie

Very creative! You've demonstrated an ability to write complete sentences. You still don't know the purpose of the Shift key? It is always a pleasure to watch your players' grace(?) in defeat, since most of them have no intention of playing 3, let alone 4, Beanpots. Despite the $$ bu has to throw around, you now have a mediocre program that plays in a pretty arena (Could Agganis actually skate?). Remember what the Man said: "You are what your record says you are". Laurels wilt quickly after being continuously sat upon.

No offense.[ Only if you were correct, could you offend us. Beating you has made us stronger. Thanks
            Last edited by HHound; 02-10-2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Struble and Filipe are out tonight? Congrats to the Terriers. We're morphing back to the late 90s/early to mid 2000s where winning the ****pot was the season for BU
              Can we play a 3 team round-robin type scrimmage for the consolation game? NU probably shouldn't even show up against mighty BU
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Honest question: where do BU fans put NU on their list of rivals now? I know 10 years ago it was toward the bottom but with NU's recent success/Maine and UNH recent struggles, has that changed?

Here are the average Agganis attendance figures for all Hockey East teams since it opened and also since the start of 2014-15:
                since 2014-15:
                Boston College 5,098
                Maine 4,175
                Providence 3,947
                Massachusetts 3,862
                UMass Lowell 3,844
                Northeastern 3,732
                Vermont 3,559
                New Hampshire 3,538
                Merrimack 3,340
                Connecticut 3,117

since Agganis opened:
                Boston College 5,845
                Maine 4,851
                New Hampshire 4,723
                Northeastern 4,629
                UMass Lowell 4,620
                Massachusetts 4,616
                Providence 4,588
                Vermont 4,557
                Merrimack 4,360
                Connecticut 3,188

NU is fourth overall, but has dropped to 6th since 2014-15 as PC, UMass and UML have past them, while UNH has dropped below them.

Sean
                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-10-2020, 03:09 PM.
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  I don't want to speak for everyone at BU, but my sense is that the NU "rivalry" would certainly be below BC and maybe below Cornell with the Red Hot Hockey tradition. Probably on par with the other Hockey East schools like Maine / UNH etc as you mention. Overall I don't think the "hate" is reciprocated, at least not to the same level.
                  Of course, after NU wins tonight, the hate from our side might grow a bit!

Comment

Pretty much full house aside from parts of BC and HU students sections. Good fan showing.

Comment

• Got to love he on a Monday!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Got to love he on a Monday!
                        Bu and NU flip flopped.

Comment

I mean who didn't see this coming...

Comment

Let the boys play tonight... par usual.

Comment

If you saw the BU game Friday night you wouldn’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                If you saw the BU game Friday night you wouldn’t.
                                Ha I meant with Struble and Filipe being out.

Comment

Working...
                                X