• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI @ Yale 1/18/20

1 Babichuk (Gornall) pp
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

final

Yale 4
      RPI 1
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        at least I got a couple of PtC points.
        And I get one with Gornall

Comment

This looked like last year's and two years ago's team tonight. With how important Smith said this weekend was, they sure didn't play like it tonight

Comment

Yale played this weekend like a team that had something to prove, after they got blasted by Harvard last weekend.

Have to give them credit. They did what they set out to do.

RPI probably feels that if they never see Corbin Kaczperski again, it will be too soon. The good news is that if they do see him again, it would almost surely be in the ECAC final four at Lake Placid. I'd be happy if RPI made it to Lake Placid this year, regardless of who might be playing goalie for the opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              I'd be happy if RPI made it to Lake Placid this year, regardless of who might be playing goalie for the opponents.
              Me too.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                This team and game are infuriating to watch tonight. They look like garbage
                Match ups against certain teams can be hard to explain...

On our thread tonight, several have written that RPI just doesn't match up well with Yale.
                Consider this one measurement, small sample size and all:
                After tonight's game, Corbin Kasperski has a 7-7 record with a 2.90 goals against and a .899 save percentage. A little pedestrian, right?
                Against RPI and Union he is 4-0, and has given up 2 goals in 4 games.

Against #1 ranked Cornell, he gave up 5 goals in two periods... against anemic Brown, he gave up 7 goals in two games... and against talented Harvard, he gave up 12 goals in 110 minutes. 24 goals in 13.5 periods... I wonder who he would rather play?

Talent? Style of play? Match ups? Phases of the moon? This could keep you awake at night. He owns RPI and Union this year.
                At least we're done with Yale for the rest of the regular season. Tough ECAC games remain, but I'd like to see what we can do.
                Last edited by fr. joe; 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

It seems like everyone says we don't matchup with ______ team well every weekend. Tired of that excuse, they played like a terrible team tonight and that's why they lost. They didn't lose because of matchups or even Yale being a better team. This win was handed to Yale on a silver platter

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    It seems like everyone says we don't matchup with ______ team well every weekend. Tired of that excuse, they played like a terrible team tonight and that's why they lost. They didn't lose because of matchups or even Yale being a better team. This win was handed to Yale on a silver platter
                    Fact is, RPI doesn’t match up well with a team like Yale who has size and can skate. They haven’t shown up against Yale the last 2-3 years - I’m assuming that’s why. Could they have put in a better effort? Yes.
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                    X