This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Graham on Wednesday said he hopes that "nobody will be called as a witness" and warned Republican senators against believing that Democrats want to get to the bottom of Trump's decision to delay Ukraine aid.

"I would tell my colleagues on the Republican side that Chuck Schumer is not seeking the truth. If you think Chuck Schumer is trying to find out what happened here, you're missing a lot," Graham said in reference to Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). "Chuck Schumer is trying to take back the Senate."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ly-as-possible

One honestly wonders why the dismissal does not have the 51 votes necessary at this point. Apparently Susie just isn't Trump enough to be a real Republican. One wonders why this vote is "different" than the Kavanaugh vote which sailed through. I don't really see the difference between the two. Ultimately the Kavanaugh vote will prove to be more destructive to the Republic than voting to dismiss the impeachment that has no shot at conviction in the first place.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They know a quick dismissal vote won't play well with voters.

But, diddling around for two weeks, acting all serious and concerned, and then holding a serious vote on the charges before dismissing, awww, statesmanship.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...ly-as-possible

One honestly wonders why the dismissal does not have the 51 votes necessary at this point.
        A show trial is better because it gives the GOP a chance to pontificate about a bunch of conspiratorial bullsh-t and darkly hint at The Red Pill. I would expect something like Pizzagate to make an appearance just to ramp them up into the primaries.

Also, the longer Dump is "under fire" the longer they can fundraise on it from the rubes. This should be good for tens of millions from the Fox News audience.
        Last edited by Kepler; 01-16-2020, 02:21 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          They know a quick dismissal vote won't play well with voters.

But, diddling around for two weeks, acting all serious and concerned, and then holding a serious vote on the charges before dismissing, awww, statesmanship.
          This. If they dismiss right away it looks REALLY bad. Conspiracy bad. (and lest we forget half their supporters believe in every wacky conspiracy out there) Not to mention the Left will throw a hissy fit and definitely double their motivation level. If they stall it out a couple weeks the ADHD of America will get bored and focus on something else...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            A show trial is better because it gives the GOP a chance to pontificate about a bunch of conspiratorial bullsh-t and darkly hint at The Red Pill. I would expect something like Pizzagate to make an appearance just to ramp them up into the primaries.

Also, the longer Dump is "under fire" the longer they can fundraise on it from the rubes. This should be good for tens of millions from the Fox News audience.
            This also.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Is this the part where they start quoting Scripture about welcoming the stranger among us? No?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I find it more galling that there are millions of people stupid enough to follow the idiot

Comment

There is no good hand to play here for the GOP Senate. If there was, Itch would have played it already. If he had the votes to dismiss, he would. If he had the votes to ban all witnesses, he would. For whatever reason, he doesn't. He's not defying Chump's wishes out of the kindness of his own heart.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  I find it more galling that there are millions of people stupid enough to follow the idiot
                  Sharing the planet with these people I find it neither galling nor surprising. Think back to high school. Think about all the kids on the low end of the curve. We got away from them physically but not electorally. We are in a weird moment of history in which the stupidest white people have all banded together to vote their prejudices and myths as reality. That is the typical conservative: think of the guy whose life peaked at 18. Since then he has only failure: in school, in the job market, in bed. All he has left is his resentment and anger. The GOP gave him a loaded weapon to express it with.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Am I the only annoyed at him calling all of this a hoax? What is that quote from A Princess bride? I don't think that means what you think it means? His "witch hunt" designation is more accurate.

Comment

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Am I the only annoyed at him calling all of this a hoax? What is that quote from A Princess bride? I don't think that means what you think it means? His "witch hunt" designation is more accurate.
                      He and his voters know the best words, so he's speaking to their level.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/15/b...stigation.html

Trump Tax Break That Benefited the Rich Is Being Investigated

Comment

Not sure this guy is reliable, but lol

“ Lev Parnas claimed in a new interview Thursday that he was visited in jail by a former attorney for President Trump who told him to be a "good boy" and sacrifice himself for the president.”

Comment

LOL at Giuliani.

If Lev keeps this up he's gonna wind up like Epstein.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Love how he threatened to post a pic every time tRump says he didn't know him.

More burning question- does the Ukraine get the visit to the white house if they start any old investigation or does it have to be made to order?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                LOL at Giuliani.

If Lev keeps this up he's gonna wind up like Epstein.
                                I don't think the Clinton's will care that much...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X