X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Do people end up voting with their wallets in 9-10 months?
    duh

it's the economy, stupid
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      Where is Joe to tell us we’re all being hysterical and that he had to endure 8 years of Obama so we should stop crying?
      And the baybeez are safe now.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The question now becomes, in about two weeks once this has blown over, do Dump's numbers rise from here on out? Do people end up voting with their wallets in 9-10 months?
        This is the part I don't get. I could live like a millionaire if I was whipping out the credit card to pay for everything. Esp when I have no intention of paying off the debt. How is the economy booming when the deficit is so huge?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            This is the part I don't get. I could live like a millionaire if I was whipping out the credit card to pay for everything. Esp when I have no intention of paying off the debt. How is the economy booming when the deficit is so huge?
            In addition to tax breaks for the apex predators, if you remove all environmental protections and other regulations designed to protect the ordinary consumer, Big Business likey. Stock market go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              That tweet says it all. Pretty amazing.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The question now becomes, in about two weeks once this has blown over, do Dump's numbers rise from here on out? Do people end up voting with their wallets in 9-10 months?
                I think Dump's numbers are frozen. His ceiling is 44 and his floor is 40.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Mondale noted this about Reagan and that worked really well.

The American public is innumerate.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The American public is innumerate.
                    LOL. You're much too kind.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      LOL. You're much too kind.
                      Tax cuts and deficit spending is the Republican Santa Claus.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Not a single conservative poster here has the balls to say any of this is wrong. Ball less and spine less, like their elected pols
                        I'm not sure what you are specifically referring to when you write "any of this" so I won't attempt to answer whether it's right or wrong. However, I'm happy to give you my view of the impeachment process we're witnessing.

I don't view impeachment as something similar to say a criminal trial where the prosecution proves certain elements of a crime and a neutral arbiter decides innocence or guilt.

In my view impeachment is, was and always will be a political act. It's initiated by politicians, the President's fate is decided by politicians, and the actions of the House and Senate will ultimately be judged at the polls. That is why when 60% of the population said Nixon must go, with the number going steadily up, the politicians sent the signal they were prepared to act and Nixon could see the handwriting on the wall. Congress knew they would not be punished, in large part, at the polls in 1974 and 1976 if they got rid of Nixon.

I think the problem in today's world in terms of impeaching someone is that the sides have really entrenched with about 45% of the public supporting each side, and that the party fighting the impeachment is counting on not getting punished at the polls.

Personally I don't think there will be wholesale political punishment when Trump escapes, which he seems destined to do. Individual Senators in certain states will be at risk, but others won't have any problems. I expect it will cost Trump the presidency in the fall, but I personally expected that he would likely lose anyway assuming no major missteps by the Democrat's candidate.

Just my two cents.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Not sure it could be said better.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            I'm not sure what you are specifically referring to when you write "any of this" so I won't attempt to answer whether it's right or wrong. However, I'm happy to give you my view of the impeachment process we're witnessing.

I don't view impeachment as something similar to say a criminal trial where the prosecution proves certain elements of a crime and a neutral arbiter decides innocence or guilt.

In my view impeachment is, was and always will be a political act. It's initiated by politicians, the President's fate is decided by politicians, and the actions of the House and Senate will ultimately be judged at the polls. That is why when 60% of the population said Nixon must go, with the number going steadily up, the politicians sent the signal they were prepared to act and Nixon could see the handwriting on the wall. Congress knew they would not be punished, in large part, at the polls in 1974 and 1976 if they got rid of Nixon.

I think the problem in today's world in terms of impeaching someone is that the sides have really entrenched with about 45% of the public supporting each side, and that the party fighting the impeachment is counting on not getting punished at the polls.

Personally I don't think there will be wholesale political punishment when Trump escapes, which he seems destined to do. Individual Senators in certain states will be at risk, but others won't have any problems. I expect it will cost Trump the presidency in the fall, but I personally expected that he would likely lose anyway assuming no major missteps by the Democrat's candidate.

Just my two cents.
                            So, 70% of the population says we want to hear witnesses, and the Republicans ignore them.

So much for your 2 cents.

We aren't living in the days of Nixon anymore. As can be obviously seen by anyone not intent on playing " both sides".
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I’m confident the democrats will **** up the election

The only question is will the **** up enough to lose

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                I’m confident the democrats will **** up the election

The only question is will the **** up enough to lose
                                And if Trump does win Nixon will have been right all along. ""Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.""

Comment

Working...
                                X