X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    White House also claimed it was pure fiction.

Can't have it both ways.
    Trump has been having it both ways since he was conceived.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Listening live. Mind boggling.

Why has no one here commented on how Alan Dershowitz made the argument that if the President feels it would be in the best interest for the country for him to do something to get himself elected then it is not a QPQ. Following the logic then he can do anything he feels like in his own personal interest if he feels it will be good for the country to have him there. If I didn't hear it with my own ears I would be checking Snopes.

SO far other than that we have heard a whole lot of why we shouldn't think of things because it will be time consuming, tedious, overturn the elections past and present, the House should have done things better. That logic loses me. Most baffling to me is the argument that if they consider this then it will set a bad precedent and cause further impeachments. Um. so what?

Comment

You can move the needle down the Trump defense timeline:

GOP concedes Trump may have withheld aid for probes but says it's not impeachable

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

GOP concedes Trump may have withheld aid for probes but says it's not impeachable
          And the key part.

But they say that nothing in there is impeachable -- nor does it warrant the hearing from new witnesses since it confirms what is already known, they say.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Listening live. Mind boggling.

Why has no one here commented on how Alan Dershowitz made the argument that if the President feels it would be in the best interest for the country for him to do something to get himself elected then it is not a QPQ. Following the logic then he can do anything he feels like in his own personal interest if he feels it will be good for the country to have him there. If I didn't hear it with my own ears I would be checking Snopes.

SO far other than that we have heard a whole lot of why we shouldn't think of things because it will be time consuming, tedious, overturn the elections past and present, the House should have done things better. That logic loses me. Most baffling to me is the argument that if they consider this then it will set a bad precedent and cause further impeachments. Um. so what?
            Been the strategy of the GOP for a while now that all is fair in love, war, and campaigns. The irony that Trump's personal lawyer is in jail for a campaign violation is hysterically funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Trump has been having it both ways since he was conceived.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Correction to the above Tweet - you'll need to insert "Republican" before every instance of President.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

FTA:

Republicans are arguing that the latest reports -- that former national security adviser John Bolton's book manuscript says that Trump told him in August that he was withholding $391 million in aid until Ukraine announced a probe into the Bidens -- are likely true but simply confirm what is already known.
                  Democrats: X happened!
                  Republicans: X didn't happen!
                  *events and evidence show X clearly happened*
                  Republicans: Well we already knew that, move on!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Listening to this and the absolute willingness to ignore truth, right and wrong and people twisting away from facing evidence and facts.

I honestly cannot see our government continuing to exist or function no matter how this comes out. People are so morally corrupt and bankrupt it cannot. The only way things worked was because the people in it were willing to respect the system on some level. That is completely gone. Listening to the logic they are employing none of the checks and balances are valid. There is no law that should apply to the President.

If only this were a science fiction novel and the Founding Fathers could come out of the Well of the Senate and chase the boogers out of there.

Comment

One thing is for sure - this is going to be an epic SotU address next week. Will he hold it together, or go off-script? Does he just turn around and start yelling about his incredible impeachment victory against Nervous Nancy and the Radical Democrats to Pelosi's face at some point?

Comment

What does it matter what he says. The sheep believe but the rest of us have no way to protect our interests

Comment

Gardner's a no on witnesses and Pelosi would love Trump to lose his mind at the SOTU
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Pelosi would love Trump to lose his mind at the SOTU
                            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Gardner's a no on witnesses and Pelosi would love Trump to lose his mind at the SOTU
                              Colorado should be an easy flip now.

Comment

I don't think he'll flip out. He'll spend a lot of time saying how great everything is going--great economy, getting out of wars, fewer illegal border crossings, etc. He'll slur and babble, but he'll manage. He'll also stress that Ds can't take all the success and respond by failed impeachment proceeding that is based on fake news. He'll ramble on that, but I doubt it will sound like a 3:00 am tweet.

The dump on display will be juvenile and pathetic, but it will be the dump his supporters love to support. I think they sedate him to keep him from screwing the pooch completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X