X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Comment

Sorry this trial is just too boring for some. Nothing like blue dresses and blow jobs I guess

Comment

Good summary for the lost 40% of the country. Everyone just stop right now trying to talk to these morons. You know if they're lost. I have family members like that.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Good summary for the lost 40% of the country. Everyone just stop right now trying to talk to these morons. You know if they're lost. I have family members like that.
          That has been what I have been on about for the last ten years. We have to end the illusion that we can rescue the right from their brainwashing. That energy is better spent expanding the electorate and bringing in people who are not served by traditional Democratic rhetoric and policies.

That means challenging behaviors the party engages in now — in particular, the inevitable DLC marginalization of the left and drive to the center in an effort to flip supposed "undecideds." We have to stop doing that and return to our strength as the party that fights inequality. There is not much appetite for that among the present Members and officials who, after all, succeeded under the present system, even as the country was sacrificed. It’s a perverse incentive to keep a failed system.

Change is hard. It must come from outside. I know we are probably going to get Biden, and maybe we can eek out a win, and OK -- go team. But that is just masking the problem for another cycle.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            That has been what I have been on about for the last ten years. We have to end the illusion that we can rescue the right from their brainwashing. That energy is better spent expanding the electorate and bringing in people who are not served by traditional Democratic rhetoric and policies.

That means challenging behaviors the party engages in now — in particular, the inevitable DLC marginalization of the left and drive to the center in an effort to flip supposed "undecideds." We have to stop doing that and return to our strength as the party that fights inequality. There is not much appetite for that among the present Members and officials who, after all, succeeded under the present system, even as the country was sacrificed. It’s a perverse incentive to keep a failed system.

Change is hard. It must come from outside. I know we are probably going to get Biden, and maybe we can eek out a win, and OK -- go team. But that is just masking the problem for another cycle.
            Gotta respectfully disagree here Kep. What we need to be telling people is you're either on the side of the Allies or the Nazis. There's no middle ground. We need to win the fight for educated voters who don't want the country run by grifters and white supremacists. That means everyone who's not a Trump Humper needs to start taking elections seriously over a sustained period of time, not once every 20 years. Fighting inequality is great, but it doesn't effect everybody equally and its a pretty vague ideal. What we need is a scorched Earth policy against the entire GOP from Trump down to the freshmen GOP reps in the House. This country must never be allowed to forget what they openly admit that they stand for. Then we can hash out the degree of liberal policies that we'd like to pursue in house. There is no time for lingering debates over DLC types vs Berniecrats. Not until the treasonous money laundering cult is a shell of its current self.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Rover, likewise respectfully, the urgency just makes it that much more important to find the strategy that will allow us to win elections in double figures, not trade 50/50 results for another decade. I think the decisive Nazi threat to civilization and even life on Earth strengthens my argument.

Blaming the customer is no way to run a store. You can say everybody has to vote -- of course they do! But if they're not buying our product that's on us, not them. The way to bring more people into the store is to broaden the inventory and start selling stuff which maybe you personally find distasteful but for which there is a market. Right now 40% of the country walks past both stores. We need some of that action. We need new products.

I have some!
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Gotta respectfully disagree here Kep. What we need to be telling people is you're either on the side of the Allies or the Nazis.
                I am fully aware that Hillary lost for other reasons, but how well did that work out for her?

The problem is the Dems don't have one candidate that screams to anyone on the fence, "I love that guy/gal!!", and another run on "don't be deplorable" is a failed recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  I am fully aware that Hillary lost for other reasons, but how well did that work out for her?

The problem is the Dems don't have one candidate that screams to anyone on the fence, "I love that guy/gal!!", and another run on "don't be deplorable" is a failed recipe.
                  Nobody is "on the fence." There is no fence. It's a wedge and the top is a razor bade. People fall on one side or the other and there's no switching.

Meanwhile, if you count non-voting registered voters as "None of the Above," that would have won every election since Reagan. That's where you look for votes. You do not drive to the middle if you want to win. That has been the lesson of the Republicans' success for the last 40 years in which they have ruled more than half the time despite being a minority of the electorate.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-27-2020, 10:06 AM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Nobody is "on the fence." There is no fence. It's a wedge and the top is a razor bade. People fall on one side or the other and there's no switching.

Meanwhile, if you count non-voting registered voters as "None of the Above," that would have won every election since Reagan. That's where you look for votes. You do not drive to the middle if you want to win. That has been the lesson of the Republicans' success for the last 40 years in which they have ruled more than half the time despite being a minority of the electorate.
                    "On the fence" isn't limited to the supposedly select few that don't vote only D or R in every Presidential election. If they're registered yet not participating (as per your 'non-voting registered voters' designation) they're on the fence with respect to getting into the game at all. Even if you disagree do you really believe the way to appeal and draw them is by adopting Rover's approach of forcing everyone to identify themselves as either an Ally or a Nazi?

Comment

"On the fence" isn't limited to the supposedly select few that don't vote only D or R in every Presidential election. If they're registered yet not participating (as per your 'non-voting registered voters' designation) they're on the fence with respect to getting into the game at all. Even if you disagree do you really believe the way to appeal and draw them is by adopting Rover's approach of forcing everyone to identify themselves as either an Ally or a Nazi?
                      Rover would say the registered non-voters are "on the couch."

I would say they're "bent over retching." No, the way to get them to vote is to give them something to vote for, not against. Everybody who can figure out the right is a full blown fascist party has already figured it out. These people who we should be trying to reach are actually not worried about fascism. BTW, they aren't nice people. They are our potential Dumpies. They don't give a sh-t about the rule of law or they'd already be liberals. Indeed, they aren't liberal. They don't give two sh-ts about blacks or women or, if they do, it's probably the wrong direction. They're people of the land. You know... morons.

They do care about the fact that billionaires run all our politics and regular people get no say. So... want to win elections? At least tell them we're going to kick the (((billionaires))) down the well.

I mean, I recommend we then go and do it, for a better world, but in any case we need to treat them the way R treats their Christian right. Indulge their idiocies and milk their votes.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 01-27-2020, 10:23 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I actively avoid some family functions now because of this clown.

Comment

Who else thought the tweet was parody until they read who wrote it?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

mookie's aunt dorothy loved adalai
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I can see enough R senators voting to call Bolton as a witness but only him and hearing him give the Ds a little but take away more, giving Rs even more to crow about. Trusting him is like sleeping with a pit viper.

Still, Ds have to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I actively avoid some family functions now because of this clown.
                                Never heard of him. Is he influential on the right? Is he like Dumpy PewdiePie or something?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X