X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    So, 70% of the population says we want to hear witnesses, and the Republicans ignore them.

So much for your 2 cents.

We aren't living in the days of Nixon anymore. As can be obviously seen by anyone not intent on playing " both sides".
    I think Hovey gave a sensible, thoughtful response.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Tax cuts and deficit spending is the Republican Santa Claus.
      I get that but how long do the kids believe in Santa and how long can they keep printing money. The stocks are up but the avg joe doesn't live off of those.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      So, 70% of the population says we want to hear witnesses, and the Republicans ignore them.

So much for your 2 cents.

We aren't living in the days of Nixon anymore. As can be obviously seen by anyone not intent on playing " both sides".
      75% want witnesses but the polls aren't for 75% saying impeach and remove. Who do you think elects these amoral buffoons? The same people who watch Faux news and believe what ever they are told, even if it was different 5 minutes ago. The base is willing to swallow any amount of offal to be able to keep their folks in power. They will overlook anything- look at the number of people with terrible histories in the South who are running and are supported because they have the correct color on their sign

I think what he said as far as that goes is accurate. I don't agree that t'Rump will lose in the Fall. The Dems are not willing to swallow a party line and will continue to argue instead of standing behind one person. That was always the problem and it hasn't changed.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I think what he said as far as that goes is accurate. I don't agree that t'Rump will lose in the Fall. The Dems are not willing to swallow a party line and will continue to argue instead of standing behind one person. That was always the problem and it hasn't changed.
        That's the way both parties should be and used to be. Until the Republicans figured out that they could get whatever they wanted by banding together on common causes each election. And those common causes only need be lip service. They need not ever be enacted or come to fruition.

My evidence? The Tea Party. The Tea Party failed at it's only policy goal yet it was an enormous success in getting Republicans exactly what they always wanted. Plutocracy.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I’m confident the democrats will **** up the election

The only question is will the **** up enough to lose
          Please stop with this. It helps nobody but the Nazis.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            I think Hovey gave a sensible, thoughtful response.
            Ditto. It was a good post and I have a hard time finding fault in it.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I get that but how long do the kids believe in Santa and how long can they keep printing money. The stocks are up but the avg joe doesn't live off of those.
              It’s really not that hard of a trick. The GOP has convinced the common man to use ‘fair’ as defined by the 1%. If we all understood what fair actually meant, the guillotines would come out tomorrow.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What's everyone think of Lamar Alexander's take. He says Article I Impeachment, Trump is guilty as **** but it's not impeachable and he should not be removed for it.

Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., characterized the president's actions in Ukraine as inappropriate but said the Constitution doesn't grant the Senate a right to remove the president from office for inappropriate actions. The panel discusses. Aired on 1/31/20.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1VHJpXZIvU
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It’s really not that hard of a trick. The GOP has convinced the common man to use ‘fair’ as defined by the 1%. If we all understood what fair actually meant, the guillotines would come out tomorrow.
                  Exactly. Why do you think the DJIA is quoted every night and not the median income or the employment with benefits rate (the converse of which is the real unemployment rate)?

The corporate media identifies the economic health of the nation with what is good for, well, me -- people whose assets are investments and the housing market and who are unburdened by debt. This is a boom time for me! Many of the rest of you, well, probably not so much.

But how many Americans are $1k from bankruptcy at all times? 33%? 50%?

If we measured their economic health every night on network news we would have very different policies. The fact that we do not is not a coincidence. This is all part of manufacturing the consent of the cattle to be slaughtered.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 01-31-2020, 10:25 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    What's everyone think of Lamar Alexander's take. He says Article I Impeachment, Trump is guilty as **** but it's not impeachable and he should not be removed for it.
                    Has anybody told him impeachability has no standard at all? He's a coward hiding behind "my hands are tied" but he's making the choice. Hopefully voters will hold him accountable (except I think he's retiring).
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      twisted the screw as deep as he could possible trun. said he didn't need to see more evidence because what he's seen is enough. but it is not going anywhere given the senate.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Until Republicans can’t convince them of “at the end of the day my paycheck will be better under the Republicans. Dems will just raise taxes and my take home will go down.”

(I work with these people and for a good 2/3rds that’s all they care about)
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Then let them take it in the shorts. Once you stop trying to save people from themselves and making idiotic decisions, you'll be a lot happier. Trust me on this one.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Then let them take it in the shorts. Once you stop trying to save people from themselves and making idiotic decisions, you'll be a lot happier. Trust me on this one.
                            Because there’s plenty of us out here fighting and all you want to do is leave us to die.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Hovey's response was inadequate and completely failed to address the point. The point was none of the boards conservatives have the moral courage to say that the what the senate Rs are doing is wrong. Hovey simply confirmed that by giving them all a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Exactly. Why do you think the DJIA is quoted every night and not the median income or the employment with benefits rate (the converse of which is the real unemployment rate)?

The corporate media identifies the economic health of the nation with what is good for, well, me -- people whose assets are investments and the housing market and who are unburdened by debt. This is a boom time for me! Many of the rest of you, well, probably not so much.

But how many Americans are $1k from bankruptcy at all times? 33%? 50%?

If we measured their economic health every night on network news we would have very different policies. The fact that we do not is not a coincidence. This is all part of manufacturing the consent of the cattle to be slaughtered.
                                This is absolutely right. If media outlets like MSNBC wanted to move the needle, they would have a ticker on the bottom of the screen with adjusted income growth of the 1% and 50%. They wouldn’t announce housing starts, they’d announce medical bankruptcies. They wouldn’t announce DJIA, they’d announce total cumulative student debt.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X