This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      Not buying it. There are a host of D candidates advocating specific policies. Bothsideism is, in my experience, just a rationale for people who prefer to keep trump in office, partly because they are on the wrong side of history and are afraid of change.
      I was talking more broadly. Anyone with a brain is going to vote against Trump, but what happens after that?

Too many people are too obsessed with things bring exactly equal. Just because one is less bad than the other doesn’t make it good.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Not amazing at all. No one in their right mind believes it. You have to find someone who has no integrity or conscience. He ticks all the boxes.

LIstening live and being very glad it is not summer and there are no flies about because my mouth is hanging open at the audacity and absolute illogic of the argument. He is seriously arguing that we shouldn't hold someone accountable because then others may be held accountable.

I want to listen without bias because I don't want to be one of those people who is only able to listen to one side and be blind to the other side- but holy God. I might not make it to even listen much longer. After listening to the arguments presented so far ...

-You took an oath to be impartial- the GOP is tweeting and making statements that say they are not but this is aimed at the evil Dems of the House for being partisan
        -previous impeachments were not as partisan as this
        - how dare people impeach this man!!
        - it is dangerous to impeach people
        - Dems will be soooo sorry if this is successful because it might happen again
        - impeachment is not political but it is political
        - impeachment is protection against those who commit outrage and this isn't it
        -impeachment has to be a crime (wonder why the Big D isn't arguing this )

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Just because one is less bad than the other doesn’t make it good.
          But it does make it the right choice.

Nobody on the planet is saying "it's 28 degrees, run outside without your coat" is good.

But that's irrelevant because the choice here is "it's 28 degrees, run outside without your coat, THE BUILDING IS ON FIRE."

There is no good. Only better or worse. And the Dems are better times a trillion.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            But it does make it the right choice.

Nobody on the planet is saying "it's 28 degrees, run outside without your coat" is good.

But that's irrelevant because the choice here is "it's 28 degrees, run outside without your coat, THE BUILDING IS ON FIRE."

There is no good. Only better or worse.
            Again, you’re talking this election and there is zero disagreement as far as that goes. What comes after that though?
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Again, you’re talking this election and there is zero disagreement as far as that goes. What comes after that though?
              You know my answer.

Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                Lordy but this is a tiresome attitude. For most people a lot of what the democrats say, want and do is -- in fact -- GOOD. Both sides are bad is such a lazy argument. Do some heavy lifting once in your life.
                He's not wrong, on this at least. Even right now you have the leader of the #resistance signing Trump's military budget and begrudgingly supporting impeachment after various purple district house members put a ton of pressure on her. This despite the fact that this is easily the most impeachable president of all time and it would be political malpractice not to do so. This doesn't even get into how people viewed the end of the Obama administration and another status quo dem candidate given that the dems lost the house, senate, presidency, and however many hundreds of state legislature seats.

Obviously one side is the lesser of evils but that can't be the model forever.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-27-2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

well if the RUmp wins we end up with a non-functioning Government with no accountability, no checks and balances and exec privilege that is so far out of wack that you might as well mint a crown and call it a day- further destruction of government, further deregulation that allows companies to do what they want with no protection for the citizens, the completion of the destruction of our international reputation and probably eventual economic collapse because no one can live on credit forever.

if the Rump loses- Without the evil genius of the Rump there is no one who is the charismatic evil to hold it together the same way- so that should halt the systematic dismantling of all the gov't bodies that allow the country to function. You will have a return to the usual partisanship but the possibility there might be some respect and integrity for the Constitution,

The best thing that could happen for the country would be for him to have a timely medical event that renders him incapable.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Happy dancing! booked my trip to see my friend on St Croix. W0000000T!!!1!11!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Good Afternoon Lodge!

Happy dancing! booked my trip to see my friend on St Croix. W0000000T!!!1!11!!!!
                      What?
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Obviously one side is the lesser of evils but that can't be the model forever.
                        Of course it can.

It always has been. Every once in a while we get out a little bit in front, like FDR or Martin Luther King, but 99% of progress is a slow, debasing, painful, tedious, unappreciated, unglamorous grind.

The only way to get what you want instantly is despotism, and that isn't worth it no matter the ideal being served. The Right can always be heedless and violent and irresponsible because they don't care what gets broken. We can't. Good is always slow, partial, and frustrating, because it is good. The only thing that is fast, decisive, and satisfying is evil. Anyone who tells you different is hawking fantasy.
                        Cornell University

Comment

If you have enough people in power to enact better legislation quickly you should do so. Gaining that power will probably take some time I agree but you need someone both at the top and on the ground (grass roots support) who can push things that direction and will it into existence eventually. The problem is in the past the dem party didn't even try, they'd "get things done" by working with Republicans and gutting the social safety net or even trying to cut SS back in 2010 (which is why it's hilarious when people act like Bernie is spreading lies about Biden's SS legacy).

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            What?
                            whoops- I switched pages but it never went- then it hung on the page forever so I clicked off.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

The best thing that could happen for the country would be for him to have a timely medical event that renders him incapable.
                              Umm...I think that's already happened.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Umm...I think that's already happened.
                                It was called "birth."
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X