This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Cant be true...I was told Impeachment was falling out of favor.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Uh oh time to start showing that immigrant caravan 24/7!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Uh oh time to start showing that immigrant caravan 24/7!
        I hear they are at the Mexican border with Guatemala!!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          I hear they are at the Mexican border with Guatemala!!
          They crossed the bridge and asked Mexico if they could pass. Mexico said no. So they went through the river instead. Mexican national guard has them stopped on the Mexican side.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...out-the-budget

To those who criticized his spending and the growing national debt, Trump said: “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.”
            Oh man, the Tea Party people are going to be ****ED! Can you imagine the size of the protests they'll hold this April?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Ha

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Cant be true...I was told Impeachment was falling out of favor.
                people need to be calling their senator's offices. better still if you have a R senator.
                long distance is free these days. no excuse for not jamming the lines. email can be deleted.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Ha

Poor Devin, can't be on the team if you're gonna be a witness.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Advisers expect the dawn of a new decade to add another year to the nation’s longest economic expansion and a twelfth year of a bullish stock market. Their greatest source of worry? Political uncertainty due to the 2020 elections.

Nearly 70% of advisers expect the economy to remain strong or improve in the year ahead, according to advisers surveyed by InvestmentNews last month. That’s compared with 54% feeling that way heading into 2019 and 80% going into the previous year.
                    Even the fear of a looming economic recession that seemed to hang over the markets for much of 2019 didn’t rate high among adviser concerns going into 2020. Despite telltale indicators like last summer’s inverted yield curve, just 16% of advisers said they are either very or extremely concerned about a recession in the year ahead. However, it’s coming, they said.
                    About 62% of advisers said they expect the U.S. economy to fall into recession within the next three years. Of that group, four out of 10 think the next recession will be in 2020, while about half the group predict it will be in 2021.
                    “We’re not seeing signs of excess in this economy,” said Michael Reynolds, investment strategy officer at Glenmede. “I would characterize our view as optimistic. To be a pessimist right now you have to think a recession is coming.”
                    He pegs the chance of a recession in 2020 at about 10%.
                    But even with the widespread faith in the strength of the U.S. economy, the asset allocation plans among advisers suggest growing concerns about a stock market that is nothing if not long in the tooth.
                    The InvestmentNews survey, which gathered responses from 353 advisers in November, showed plans for a net decrease in equity allocations for the third consecutive year.
                    As the S&P 500 Index closes in on a 25% gain for the year and is up nearly 240% from the market’s bottom in March 2009, advisers are generally bracing client portfolios more defensively.

About 30% of advisers plan to decrease exposure to equities in 2020, while just 13% plan to increase equity exposure, for a net decrease of 17%. That compares to net 23.5% of advisers decreasing equity exposure heading into 2019, and net 10.5% heading into 2018.
                    “We enter every year being both cautious and optimistic, and we try to prepare client portfolios for 15% moves up or down, but we do believe we’re in the late stages of this market,” said Mike Kurz, chief executive of OverShare Advice and Planning.
                    While more advisers might be trimming than adding equity market exposure, advisers show a growing appetite for fixed income, liquid alternatives, and cash, all of which have at least net 20% adviser support going into 2020.
                    “We think 2020 is seminal in that we have a presidential election, a new decade, and the beginnings of a generational shift all coinciding,” said Leon LaBrecque, chief growth officer at Sequoia Financial Group. “We’ll be looking at trade and the global markets. We’ll be rebalancing and more importantly, planning for uncertainty.”
                    As risk factors go, 56% of advisers said they are either very or extremely concerned about the current U.S. political climate. That’s up from 49% a year ago, and 45% two years ago.
                    “If we get a left-leaning president, like an Elizabeth Warren or a Bernie Sanders, the stock market will be down 20% to 25%, but I don’t see that happening,” said Mike Mullaney, director of global markets research at Boston Partners.
                    “If a centrist like [Michael] Bloomberg gets elected, I don’t see a radical change,” he added. “But if Trump is reelected, it will be more of the same for the markets.”
                    Dennis Nolte, vice president of Seacoast Investment Services, also believes the financial markets are already factoring in the reelection of President Donald J. Trump in November.
                    “We will have a normal market correction at some point in the year, but unless a Democrat wins, the markets already are pricing in relatively stable government regulations and tax policy,” he said. “If a Democrat wins it might be a protracted correction, especially if somebody gets into office that is promising all these giveaways.”
                    Trade tensions and tariffs are risk factors that a third of advisers cited as being very or extremely concerning. The trade and tariff question was not included in InvestmentNews’ past outlook surveys.

Geopolitical shocks represent a risk factor that 28% of advisers listed as very or extremely concerning, which is down from more than 36% during each of the past three years. The risk factor advisers are least concerned about in 2020 is rising interest rates, with just 5% reporting they are very or extremely concerned about the U.S. Federal Reserve reversing course and hiking rates next year.
                    That stands in stark contrast from the same time last year when more than 17% of advisers cited higher rates as a top concern. At this time last year, the stock market was experiencing a 20% fourth-quarter pullback and all eyes were on the Fed, which gave the market what it was hoping for in 2019 with a string of rate cuts.
                    “The Fed has been the single most prominent driver of the markets since the financial crisis, and if the Fed turned hawkish it would be a significant risk for the markets,” said Doug Cohen, managing director of Athena Capital Advisors. “But we think the Fed will stay on the sidelines.”
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...out-the-budget

Oh man, the Tea Party people are going to be ****ED! Can you imagine the size of the protests they'll hold this April?!
                      Oh, you mean, the Evangelicals. They love the twice divorced sexually assaulting adulterer.

Family values!!!
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Igor Plumbing, ignore sack full of mic, I only here to fix pipe!
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-21-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

The people with Russian accents wearing MAGA hats should have given it away!
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

RR starts the campaign.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

From Bill, noted liberal

Comment

Working...
                                X