X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He admitted the truth the other day. That he was going to cut SS and Medicare and Medicaid. Now he's walking it back.

He has a tweet for every need. The talking heads just quote the one that best fits the audience and tells them the others are a smoke screen- Not that any of them notice the discrepancy- they just see what they need to see

Comment

He admitted the truth the other day. That he was going to cut SS and Medicare and Medicaid. Now he's walking it back.

Typical. He also says he won't cut pre-existing conditions, yet continues to fight in the courts to cut pre-existing conditions.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Typical. He also says he won't cut pre-existing conditions, yet continues to fight in the courts to cut pre-existing conditions.
        And don't forget that have cut food stamps. They'll cut any program for the poor or middle class that they can get through. I sometimes wonder if McCain had voted with them on Obamacare and the dog had actually caught the car what we would have right now for health care.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Not walking it back. Just bullchitting his base.

He still has every intention of cutting it.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

GOP cries boredom in attack on impeachment case

Whether their personal lack of excitement is real or confected, it seems to clearly have a tactical purpose: to encourage voters to pay little heed to what is going on.

Democrats have pushed back hard, emphasizing that the Senate is conducting one of its gravest duties — deciding whether a president has committed such egregious deeds to warrant his removal from office. The question, they say, is one of substance, not of entertainment.

“This is not a television show, and it shouldn’t be thought of, or judged, based on the standard of what is entertaining television,” Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) told CNN on Thursday. “This is a trial on the impeachment of the president of the United States.”

But that hasn’t stopped Republicans from pushing forward the idea that the Senate trial is a snoozefest, short of a fist fight breaking out between the House impeachment managers and the White House legal team.

“I think the troubling thing for many of us is actually staying alert enough to be able to follow it,” Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), a close ally of the president, said Wednesday. “I would suggest that the American people, if they could turn their channel and watch something else, that is what they are doing.”
            Nothing like taking your job seriously.

Comment

Those meanies at Fox are really going to set him off. Fox's Napolitano: There is 'ample and uncontradicted' evidence supporting Trump's removal from office

Fox News senior judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano on Thursday penned an op-ed arguing that the articles of impeachment and the House managers' case against President Trump provide “ample and uncontradicted” evidence to support the Senate removing him from office.

“What is required for removal of the president? A demonstration of presidential commission of high crimes and misdemeanors, of which in Trump's case the evidence is ample and uncontradicted,” he wrote.

Comment

"If you have nothing to hide you shouldn't be scared of cops"

Senate GOP uses Trump's executive privilege threat as rallying cry against subpoenas

Comment

Rudy was on Fox and Friends this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm9HkVaVYk

Of what I watched he indicated that he has proof that the Russians were not involved in 2016. It was all Ukraine. And it was all on behalf of the Democrats and Hillary Clinton. He's starting a podcast today to give out the evidence. He has tapes of all his interviews with his witnesses to this effect. He did not go searching for dirt on Joe Biden, it was handed to him. AND, the witnesses that he has are being BLOCKED by the Democrats I guess from coming to the United States to testify.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    GOP cries boredom in attack on impeachment case

Nothing like taking your job seriously.
                    There is a kernel of truth to that complaint, though. This case can basically be made, and comprehensively explained, in about 30 minutes.

The Ukraine was to receive money. Trump told his people to withhold it so that he could squeeze their President for a favor - namely, investigate the Bidens.

That's it. Throw in some comments like, "the American people are watching and will judge your vote" and "this type of abuse of power is precisely what the impeachment clause was intended to remedy," then sit down and stop talking.

Because of work I'm not watching any live broadcasts of the trial, but basically I see on the news and on the internet, each day, a handful of people who repeat, over and over, those three or four statements I just typed above. Jeebus, if I had to sit and listen to three days of that, I'd be napping too.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      There is a kernel of truth to that complaint, though. This case can basically be made, and comprehensively explained, in about 30 minutes.

The Ukraine was to receive money. Trump told his people to withhold it so that he could squeeze their President for a favor - namely, investigate the Bidens.

That's it. Throw in some comments like, "the American people are watching and will judge your vote" and "this type of abuse of power is precisely what the impeachment clause was intended to remedy," then sit down and stop talking.

Because of work I'm not watching any live broadcasts of the trial, but basically I see on the news and on the internet, each day, a handful of people who repeat, over and over, those three or four statements I just typed above. Jeebus, if I had to sit and listen to three days of that, I'd be napping too.
                      I think you're right. On the other hand, the defense presentation should be limited to a moment of silence.

Comment

There is a kernel of truth to that complaint, though.
                        You do understand, though, that this is the way the right tries to keep its sheep from watching? This is them worrying that hearing the facts will counteract their programming and start them thinking, "huh... maybe these guys have been lying to me about other stuff too"?

Everything the WH and GOP and their enablers are surrogates have done on this has been to obfuscate, cover up, and lie. Dump is guilty, dead to rights, and they have no defense, so they (a) muddy the waters, (b) counter attack by projecting, (c) lie, and (d) yawn and try to get their penned up animals to doze off.

There is zero good faith on the right.

I hope you can at least admit this. I would expect you to counter by saying "There is zero good faith on the left, too." You would be wrong, but at least you would be honest that there is no defense in a democracy for what the GOP is doing.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          I think you're right. On the other hand, the defense presentation should be limited to a moment of silence.
                          They already tried that: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...-who-voted-for

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            You do understand, though, that this is the way the right tries to keep its sheep from watching? This is them worrying that hearing the facts will counteract their programming and start them thinking, "huh... maybe these guys have been lying to me about other stuff too"?

Everything the WH and GOP and their enablers are surrogates have done on this has been to obfuscate, cover up, and lie. Dump is guilty, dead to rights, and they have no defense, so they (a) muddy the waters, (b) counter attack by projecting, (c) lie, and (d) yawn and try to get their penned up animals to doze off.

There is zero good faith on the right.

I hope you can at least admit this. I would expect you to counter by saying "There is zero good faith on the left, too." You would be wrong, but at least you would be honest that there is no defense in a democracy for what the GOP is doing.
                            I don't think it has anything to do with "good faith," or bad faith for that matter.

The facts are the facts. Trump called up the President of Ukraine, and together with his people, basically said that we've got his money, and we'll send it right over, but first we want you to publicly investigate the Bidens.

Everybody has known that for months.

Of course Trump and his cronies are going to use the Shaggy defense.

But the point I was trying to make is that standing up on the floor of the Senate and repeating 79 times, "Trump demanded Ukraine investigate his primary political rival before he'd give them their money" is just going to cause large segments of the American public to say, "yeah, I heard that the first time you said it" and then switch channels.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I don't think it has anything to do with "good faith," or bad faith for that matter.

The facts are the facts. Trump called up the President of Ukraine, and together with his people, basically said that we've got his money, and we'll send it right over, but first we want you to publicly investigate the Bidens.

Everybody has known that for months.

Of course Trump and his cronies are going to use the Shaggy defense.

But the point I was trying to make is that standing up on the floor of the Senate and repeating 79 times, "Trump demanded Ukraine investigate his primary political rival before he'd give them their money" is just going to cause large segments of the American public to say, "yeah, I heard that the first time you said it" and then switch channels.
                              I thought the presentations should have been shorter.

Comment

I thought the presentations should have been shorter.
                                Congresscritters like to talk too much.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X