Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

  1. #1
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,433

    Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Let's win this one and get a split weekend-Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  2. #2
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,534

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics:

    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 3- 0  6 points  .500
    Ralph Baer         3- 3- 0  6 points  .500
    Waite21            2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    DrDemento          1- 4- 1  3 points  .250

    Cumulative 2003-04 - 2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics

    Code:
    Ralph Baer        68-71-18 154 points  .490
    fr joe            49-69-14 112 points  .424
    engineerhockeyfan 34-56- 9  77 points  .389
    DrDemento         11-25- 7  29 points  .336
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    jericho            4-16- 0   8 points  .200
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ServinisScores     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

    For your listening pleasure:

    Fight Song
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

    Alma Mater
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3...ma%20Mater.mp3

  3. #3
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Thanks for starting this one Doc. It has not been a great week for me, dealing with knee replacement surgery.
    Probably won't be posting too much tonight, but I will be watching and hoping the team can ease some of the pain.

    Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  4. #4
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,433

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thanks for starting this one Doc. It has not been a great week for me, dealing with knee replacement surgery.
    Probably won't be posting too much tonight, but I will be watching and hoping the team can ease some of the pain.

    Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cat got me up a bit early today. i was waiting and expected someone else to start this as i usually only try to start the threads against teams I expect to lose to. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised! Rehab that knee gently. Do not push yourself. Many times doctors think we all have to do everything at warp speed so we can go back and run a marathon or something. Just go at your own pace and there is nothing wrong with resting. Besides the best therapy for you now would be a big win for us against a team we need to beat!
    Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays. Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Cat got me up a bit early today. i was waiting and expected someone else to start this as i usually only try to start the threads against teams I expect to lose to. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised! Rehab that knee gently. Do not push yourself. Many times doctors think we all have to do everything at warp speed so we can go back and run a marathon or something. Just go at your own pace and there is nothing wrong with resting. Besides the best therapy for you now would be a big win for us against a team we need to beat!
    Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays.
    Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.
    For those of you who are familiar with how the Colgate/Union game ended last night ('gate gets GWG on a penalty shot with 1:10 left in the 3rd... infraction: net dislodged by a Union d-man during scrum in front of net), you might think it's our turn for a little puck luck.

  6. #6
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Cat got me up a bit early today. i was waiting and expected someone else to start this as i usually only try to start the threads against teams I expect to lose to. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised! Rehab that knee gently. Do not push yourself. Many times doctors think we all have to do everything at warp speed so we can go back and run a marathon or something. Just go at your own pace and there is nothing wrong with resting. Besides the best therapy for you now would be a big win for us against a team we need to beat!
    Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays. Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.
    Thanks Doc fo the great advise. One thing age has taught me, is how to take care of myself.
    As for tonight, a win will certainly make me happy. And happiness is great for pain.

    LGR
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  7. #7
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    2,003

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thanks for starting this one Doc. It has not been a great week for me, dealing with knee replacement surgery.
    Probably won't be posting too much tonight, but I will be watching and hoping the team can ease some of the pain.

    Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
    Feel better EHF, I hear those are tough. LGR!
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  8. #8
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,433

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    For those of you who are familiar with how the Colgate/Union game ended last night ('gate gets GWG on a penalty shot with 1:10 left in the 3rd... infraction: net dislodged by a Union d-man during scrum in front of net), you might think it's our turn for a little puck luck.
    We do not often benefit from puck luck and have to make our own. i can think of a few times in the last 55 years but not many. Tonight we will have to earn it as usual. One thing for certain, with our challenges on offense we have to come out fast and in focus. Limit mistakes and keep the puck in the opponent's end as much as possible. All the goals scored last night were from very close in and a host of bad guys in deep.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  9. #9
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,433

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Thanks Doc fo the great advise. One thing age has taught me, is how to take care of myself.
    As for tonight, a win will certainly make me happy. And happiness is great for pain.

    LGR
    Just keep telling yourself it could have been a lot worse. You could have been a horse and they would have euthanized you!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    382

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Colgate -150
    RPI +110

  11. #11
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    43,433

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Colgate -150
    RPI +110
    We were a very slight favorite before last night. it seems like we might have lost a touch by losing to one of the best teams in the country while Colgate was able to win in the last minute against one of the , shall we say, not great teams this year. Most still have this as a 2-2 tie. Last night was predicted fairly accurately as a 3 goal margin but the most likely score given was 4-1
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    382

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    We were a very slight favorite before last night. it seems like we might have lost a touch by losing to one of the best teams in the country while Colgate was able to win in the last minute against one of the , shall we say, not great teams this year. Most still have this as a 2-2 tie. Last night was predicted fairly accurately as a 3 goal margin but the most likely score given was 4-1
    It's also going to differ by source. I know that I have a different source than you do. My source is https://www.5dimes.eu/odds/Hockey/Today

  13. #13
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,534

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    The RPI women lost 2-0 to Cornell. Close although the SOGs were not.

  14. #14
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,534

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20


  15. #15
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,534

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    scratches Bear, Samec, Helsen, Burgess, Lacka, Herrman, Mahshie

  16. #16
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,534

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Musak!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Colgate will be playing the fourth game of a four-game ECAC road trip, with the first two games and the last two games a month apart.

    Colgate has won the first three of those four. The first two were a road sweep of Harvard and Dartmouth. Note: that very good Cornell team we saw last night achieved only a split against Harvard and Dartmouth that weekend.

    Our guys better be ready tonight, because I expect Colgate will be.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,972

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    As is frequently the case, RPI-TV seems to be having a hard time getting its act together with regard to the audio.

  19. #19
    Raider Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,739

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    As is frequently the case, RPI-TV seems to be having a hard time getting its act together with regard to the audio.
    Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
    Colgate '09

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Canmore, Alberta
    Posts
    2,977

    Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    As is frequently the case, RPI-TV seems to be having a hard time getting its act together with regard to the audio.
    So, I should stop slapping my speakers?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •