Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

Let's win this one and get a split weekend-Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 3- 0  6 points  .500
    Ralph Baer         3- 3- 0  6 points  .500
    Waite21            2- 1- 0  4 points  .667
    DrDemento          1- 4- 1  3 points  .250

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2019-20 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        68-71-18 154 points  .490
    fr joe            49-69-14 112 points  .424
    engineerhockeyfan 34-56- 9  77 points  .389
    DrDemento         11-25- 7  29 points  .336
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    jericho            4-16- 0   8 points  .200
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ServinisScores     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    https://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for starting this one Doc. It has not been a great week for me, dealing with knee replacement surgery.
      Probably won't be posting too much tonight, but I will be watching and hoping the team can ease some of the pain.

Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Thanks for starting this one Doc. It has not been a great week for me, dealing with knee replacement surgery.
        Probably won't be posting too much tonight, but I will be watching and hoping the team can ease some of the pain.

Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
        Cat got me up a bit early today. i was waiting and expected someone else to start this as i usually only try to start the threads against teams I expect to lose to. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised! Rehab that knee gently. Do not push yourself. Many times doctors think we all have to do everything at warp speed so we can go back and run a marathon or something. Just go at your own pace and there is nothing wrong with resting. Besides the best therapy for you now would be a big win for us against a team we need to beat!
        Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays. Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Cat got me up a bit early today. i was waiting and expected someone else to start this as i usually only try to start the threads against teams I expect to lose to. That way I can only be pleasantly surprised! Rehab that knee gently. Do not push yourself. Many times doctors think we all have to do everything at warp speed so we can go back and run a marathon or something. Just go at your own pace and there is nothing wrong with resting. Besides the best therapy for you now would be a big win for us against a team we need to beat!
          Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays.
          Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.
          For those of you who are familiar with how the Colgate/Union game ended last night ('gate gets GWG on a penalty shot with 1:10 left in the 3rd... infraction: net dislodged by a Union d-man during scrum in front of net), you might think it's our turn for a little puck luck.

Comment

Honestly thought we did not match up all that badly last night. Cornell is indeed a very talented team and they are not only fast but switch from defense to offense better than any other team we have seen this year. But as the game went on, we did seem to get better chances in a game almost without power plays. Not sure if deserved any better fate but would have felt better if we had at least scored one late.
            Thanks Doc fo the great advise. One thing age has taught me, is how to take care of myself.
            As for tonight, a win will certainly make me happy. And happiness is great for pain.

LGR
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Lets go Red!!!!!!!!!!!
              Feel better EHF, I hear those are tough. LGR!
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                For those of you who are familiar with how the Colgate/Union game ended last night ('gate gets GWG on a penalty shot with 1:10 left in the 3rd... infraction: net dislodged by a Union d-man during scrum in front of net), you might think it's our turn for a little puck luck.
                We do not often benefit from puck luck and have to make our own. i can think of a few times in the last 55 years but not many. Tonight we will have to earn it as usual. One thing for certain, with our challenges on offense we have to come out fast and in focus. Limit mistakes and keep the puck in the opponent's end as much as possible. All the goals scored last night were from very close in and a host of bad guys in deep.

Comment

Thanks Doc fo the great advise. One thing age has taught me, is how to take care of myself.
                  As for tonight, a win will certainly make me happy. And happiness is great for pain.

LGR
                  Just keep telling yourself it could have been a lot worse. You could have been a horse and they would have euthanized you!

Comment

Colgate -150
                    RPI +110

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      Colgate -150
                      RPI +110
                      We were a very slight favorite before last night. it seems like we might have lost a touch by losing to one of the best teams in the country while Colgate was able to win in the last minute against one of the , shall we say, not great teams this year. Most still have this as a 2-2 tie. Last night was predicted fairly accurately as a 3 goal margin but the most likely score given was 4-1

Comment

We were a very slight favorite before last night. it seems like we might have lost a touch by losing to one of the best teams in the country while Colgate was able to win in the last minute against one of the , shall we say, not great teams this year. Most still have this as a 2-2 tie. Last night was predicted fairly accurately as a 3 goal margin but the most likely score given was 4-1
                        It's also going to differ by source. I know that I have a different source than you do. My source is https://www.5dimes.eu/odds/Hockey/Today

Comment

The RPI women lost 2-0 to Cornell. Close although the SOGs were not.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

scratches Bear, Samec, Helsen, Burgess, Lacka, Herrman, Mahshie
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                              X