• Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate @ RPI 1/11/20

final

RPI 3
    CU 0
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'm going to be honest. The shutout win is great, but I do not feel as though we played that great. Our second and third periods were lackluster after a great first, and the shot count shows that. Savory was a brick wall, and looked unbeatable. If he plays like that, he will be the #1 and RPI can go quite far with that kind of goaltending. Would like to see a better 60 minute effort next week

Comment

Love the win - love the second straight shut out for Savory but he had to earn this one. He made some fabulous saves and this game is very different if he did not come up big all night. Could we be getting wound up for a late season push?
        On another note-looked the attendance was again disappointing. Hope people start to appreciate that this team is on the up trend.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          I'm going to be honest. The shutout win is great, but I do not feel as though we played that great. Our second and third periods were lackluster after a great first, and the shot count shows that. Savory was a brick wall, and looked unbeatable. If he plays like that, he will be the #1 and RPI can go quite far with that kind of goaltending. Would like to see a better 60 minute effort next week
          Yes - Yes and Yes. We did seem to lose a lot as the game wore on. Waving at the puck at this level does not clear it out of the zone. You got to hit and hit hard.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

We won the game we had to win this weekend to stay well placed in the hunt for home ice.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We are now in a 3-way tie for 4th with Colgate and Harvard. Of course, the bad news is that both of those teams have played 3 less games.
              The more interesting stat is that we now have 9 ECAC games left to play and only 3 of them are at home. Good thing they have a decent record on the road...

Comment

We can test the 'decent road record' hypothesis this weekend with games at Brown and Yale. We're building a case for home ice... this will be a big weekend.

PS. Very ugly finish to Harvard-Yale game at MSG tonight. May be a suspension...

Comment

Our goal should be a first round bye, not home ice. Home ice should be the bare minimum. We have seen what this team is capable of, and they should have no issues getting home ice. First round bye will be a challenge for sure, but it's doable.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Our goal should be a first round bye, not home ice. Home ice should be the bare minimum. We have seen what this team is capable of, and they should have no issues getting home ice. First round bye will be a challenge for sure, but it's doable.
                    If all things were equal, I would agree with that. However, because most of the teams that we are tied with or are ahead of us still have games in hand, we are not in control of that situation.
                    With most of the rest of the schedule on the road, I would be happy to finish at .500 and see where that puts us.
                    Colgate was no pushover. They came out in the second period and pushed hard. Sometimes your goalie has to be your best player and that is what we got tonight.
                    Enjoy the win.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      If all things were equal, I would agree with that. However, because most of the teams that we are tied with or are ahead of us still have games in hand, we are not in control of that situation.
                      With most of the rest of the schedule on the road, I would be happy to finish at .500 and see where that puts us.
                      Colgate was no pushover. They came out in the second period and pushed hard. Sometimes your goalie has to be your best player and that is what we got tonight.
                      Enjoy the win.
                      I agree with that. A bye would be a stretch. Home ice and a .500 record should be the goal -- and then 4 more wins to get a trip to LP.

OTOH, the team should still be shooting for a bye which I think is what sezenack meant.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-12-2020, 03:33 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I agree with that. A bye would be a stretch. Home ice and a .500 record should be the goal -- and then 4 more wins to get a trip to LP.

OTOH, the team should still be shooting for a bye which I think is what sezenack meant.
                        Ralph, Both the team and the fans should be rooting to win every game (one game at time) Reality be ****ed.
                        But the truth is that there are too many teams with too many games in hand to get us to a bye. But lets win all of our games and see how that plays out.

I can't believe that the above word got edited.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          Ralph, Both the team and the fans should be rooting to win every game (one game at time) Reality be ****ed.
                          But the truth is that there are too many teams with too many games in hand to get us to a bye. But lets win all of our games and see how that plays out.

I can't believe that the above word got edited.
                          If you can't believe that, just think what would happen if we ever scheduled and exhibition game against Ni****ing University.

About 20 years ago, there was a hockey board which bleeped out pass and assist because of a certain three letters, so it could be worse.

Of course we should be rooting for us to win every game, but I do feel, as you wrote, that a bye would be a stretch.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                          X