UCONN HOCKEY 2020.. yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Um, dynasties don't last forever. Cav was a big part of it. But given what he's done (or hasn't done) at UConn thus far it would be foolish to suggest BCs dynasty ended because Cav left.
    Ball don’t lie

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
      Ball don’t lie
      You're right, it doesn't. What he hasn't been able to do at UConn has shown maybe he can't do it on his own. Where as Jerry York had plenty of success at Clarkson/BG without Cav.

Comment

You're right, it doesn't. What he hasn't been able to do at UConn has shown maybe he can't do it on his own. Where as Jerry York had plenty of success at Clarkson/BG without Cav.
        UConn didn’t have a full slate of scholarships until two years ago. But good to hear you have lofty expectations of our coach.

Comment

Re: UCONN HOCKEY 2020.. yikes

I have seen PSU and ASU have immediate success upon entering D1 play. I like Cav a lot but has he even had one winning season?

Comment

UConn didn’t have a full slate of scholarships until two years ago. But good to hear you have lofty expectations of our coach.
            UConn’s had full use of 18 scholarships starting with the 2015-16 season, but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.

I have seen PSU and ASU have immediate success upon entering D1 play. I like Cav a lot but has he even had one winning season?
            Yes, his first, UConn's last season in Atlantic Hockey. In Hockey East this is is best season (so far).

Sean
            Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-02-2020, 06:35 PM.
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

PSU and ASU seems both in great condition this season.

Comment

Um, dynasties don't last forever. Cav was a big part of it. But given what he's done (or hasn't done) at UConn thus far it would be foolish to suggest BCs dynasty ended because Cav left.
                Right. If we're being honest with ourselves if we just base an assessment of him on his UConn (lack of) accomplishments. Cav could be a GREAT head coach, we don't know. What we do know is that UConn is a hopeless hockey school (just like football). Cav never should have taken that job. Career killer. Herb Brooks wouldn't win there (when he was alive).

I personally appreciate that we have this thread and 900+ posts to go before it gets locked especially since we can all expect Coach Cavan…. I mean... "Elbowing" … to bump this thread when UConn wins a game and gets a big bump up to 38th in the PWR. Given his win percentage this season, and that we're at Feb 3rd already, however, it appears we may only be a few more thread bumps before yet another sad season is over in Stores, CT.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-03-2020, 09:48 AM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  UConn’s had full use of 18 scholarships starting with the 2015-16 season, but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Sean
                  2014-2015 10 scholarships, 2015-2016 15 scholarships, 2016-2017 18 scholarships. So, 3 full season's ago, my bad. Again, it's great to see these lofty expectation of UConn's program.

Comment

2014-2015 10 scholarships, 2015-2016 15 scholarships, 2016-2017 18 scholarships.
                    You don't state where you're getting your information, but here are the numbers from UConn's NCAA financial reports:
                    2013-14 - 5.04 athletic aid, 9 students receiving aid, cost of aid $183,855
                    2014-15 - 11.77 athletic aid, 16 students receiving aid, cost of aid $553,335
                    2015-16 - 17.77 athletic aid, 22 students receiving aid, cost of aid $900,979
                    2016-17 - 17.87 athletic aid, 25 students receiving aid, cost of aid $1,029,804
                    2017-18 - 18.43 athletic aid, 25 students receiving aid, cost of aid $1,076,289

Sean
                    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 02-05-2020, 11:27 AM.
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Max Letunov with his first NHL goal last night! Tage Thompson and now Max, it’s nice to see UConn starting to produce NHL players.

Comment

Huskies are 4-0 in their last 4 league games. Maine is unbeaten at home this year. Factor in the bad blood that surfaced between coaches after their last game in CT and this weekend sets up to be a war.

Comment

Originally posted by Beauty View Post
                          Huskies are 4-0 in their last 4 league games. Maine is unbeaten at home this year. Factor in the bad blood that surfaced between coaches after their last game in CT and this weekend sets up to be a war.
                          Bad blood between Red and Cav? What happened? I watched that game and don't really remember anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            Bad blood between Red and Cav? What happened? I watched that game and don't really remember anything like that.
                            I said get Firstov. Nuearize him.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              Heard it was assistants, recruiting battle/issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Beauty View Post
                                Heard it was assistants, recruiting battle/issue.
                                Hmm, interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X