UCONN HOCKEY 2020.. yikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beauty View Post
    Another tough loss. Their last 3 losses by 1 goal and dominated play. This team will make the playoffs and I wouldn’t want to play them!
    As a Maine fan... don’t want to play them again. Let them be someone else’s headache for a while!

Comment

Another tough loss. Their last 3 losses by 1 goal and dominated play. This team will make the playoffs and I wouldn’t want to play them!
      My favorite was when they said we had a size advantage... then we see two six five players that can skate. You have a bright future, I believe.

Comment

Re: UCONN HOCKEY 2020.. yikes

Another gutsy HockeyEast win

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
          Last place in the CT Ice tournament. Worst team in CT and 38th in PWR. Cavanaugh really is the best.
          Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Elbowing View Post
            Thoughts?
            34th in PWR now. Wow!!!!
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              34th in PWR now. Wow!!!!
              You got rabbit ears too, this is gonna be fun

Comment

Wow! I don’t care who you are or what your expectations, but UConn beating BU for two is more than expected. This team’s legit.

Comment

Next weekend is the true "legit" test but if this turns out to be Cav's breakthrough year I will be happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Next weekend is the true "legit" test but if this turns out to be Cav's breakthrough year I will be happy for him.
                    PC has to sweep Maine over the last two weekends and UConn needs to lose all three for the Friars to pass them. No-one would have predicted that preseason.
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Another great weekend for UConn hockey. This is becoming habitual. Team is clearly locked in and believing they can win every game. Seniors stepping up big time.

Comment

Another great weekend for UConn hockey. This is becoming habitual. Team is clearly locked in and believing they can win every game. Seniors stepping up big time.
                        What makes me chuckle are all the comments in the threads of the victims of this buzz saw through HockeyEast. Claiming their superior squad blowing opportunities against inferior opponents like UConn. UNH, Maine, BU, all better teams and all blew it, played to their level of competition, didn't take care of business, etc. It's becoming an epidemic.

Comment

Raise a banner. I'll call you guys #BuzzSaw now instead of #IceBus

Hey, maybe Cav can get this buzz saw to the Garden. God help the TD Garden staff if that were to happen. The influx of UConn basketball fans invading the Garden for their first ever hockey game would be cute!

Comment

Can I pose a theoretical question for the Yukon braintrust?

If a team is a game over .500 and having a "great weekend" is "becoming habitual"... would having a terrible weekend also be "habitual"?

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone throw a 20th vote to Yukon in the poll today and the hilarity that will ensue from the freakout on the boneyard will be terrific entertainment with claims of being ranked (someone already claimed to beat nationally ranked BU this weekend) and ensuing talk about national championships. Forget about climbing out of the lower half of the entire ranks of D1 hockey... let's go for broke!
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-24-2020, 09:17 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Can I pose a theoretical question for the Yukon braintrust?

If a team is a game over .500 and having a "great weekend" is "becoming habitual"... would having a terrible weekend also be "habitual"?

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone throw a 20th vote to Yukon in the poll today and the hilarity that will ensue from the freakout on the boneyard will be terrific entertainment with claims of being ranked (someone already claimed to beat nationally ranked BU this weekend) and ensuing talk about national championships. Forget about climbing out of the lower half of the entire ranks of D1 hockey... let's go for broke!
                              Not sure why you are so triggered about my post about UConn hockey. Just excited that they have won 7 of 8 down the stretch with the league so tight. Not a good weekend, a good few weekends, home and on the road in historically tough places to play. Blast away, if that makes you happy, I'll continue being excited for my college hockey team. Best of luck to your team this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Raise a banner. I'll call you guys #BuzzSaw now instead of #IceBus

Hey, maybe Cav can get this buzz saw to the Garden. God help the TD Garden staff if that were to happen. The influx of UConn basketball fans invading the Garden for their first ever hockey game would be cute!
                                This is such an absurd and condescending BC comment.

Because the last thing the league wants is a packed TD Garden with new excited fans of the sport, right? Traveling to MA and funneling their enthusiasm into spending on tickets, eating in the restaurants, buying concessions, buying apparel, paying for parking, etc. What you, in your infinite wisdom, find "cute", is what the league desperately needs. Should we all be ashamed that the people of CT support their state institution's athletic programs? That the two fans on this board get excited about a winning streak? Fact is, 20+ years ago while Cav was winning national championships for BC, we were watching DIII UConn in a freezing cold outdoor rink on farmlands. Long time supporters of this program have every reason to be fired up.

Comment

Working...
                                X