Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four to Vegas?

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Since Nashville is now the long term host of the SEC BBall tourney, them hosting the hockey FF at Bridgestone Arena is less likely. That would be a lot of weekend dates for the Predators to give up in a short period of time.

I’d love to see it there, but the logistics make it difficult.
    Didn't know that. Interesting. Some years perhaps the calendar will line up to make it easier for them to give it a go.

The Preds need to use the facility in between as well, perhaps if there is a longer gap it could work or at least make it more feasible. I'd love to check out Nashville (and I would most definitely come home with some extra baggage courtesy of Gibson).

I think the fact that the NCAA strips the ice/logos really makes it more annoying/difficult for these venues than anything else (plus it makes the ice terrible!).
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      But at the same time, isn't Tampa far more enticing than San Jose?
      Absolutely. I'm not sure about a western FF again. Your base of teams are east/Midwest mostly. You either run games at an odd time locally and suffer the consequences there (in an off-market to begin with) or you start the games at good local times (does that even help fill the building anyway!?) that are too late on the East Coast and somewhat late out in the Midwest. The FF is a bit unique with the possibility of marathon OT games thus requiring a good chunk of time between semis to account for that possibility.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        No. I've had enough St. Paul and enough Boston. Detroit every 10 years works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Didn't know that. Interesting. Some years perhaps the calendar will line up to make it easier for them to give it a go.

The Preds need to use the facility in between as well, perhaps if there is a longer gap it could work or at least make it more feasible. I'd love to check out Nashville (and I would most definitely come home with some extra baggage courtesy of Gibson).

I think the fact that the NCAA strips the ice/logos really makes it more annoying/difficult for these venues than anything else (plus it makes the ice terrible!).
          The Preds have 3 other buildings with ice.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
          X