• Show
Clear All

• Re: Rpi@slu 1/4/2020

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    RPI penalty - in the third period, late at SLU -Surprise?? hold the fort
    The fort has been held.

Comment

Fifth time we sweep the North Country. Jenny and I saw 3 of these in person, listen to one on WRPI radio and saw this one on TV. I feel fabulous (but then again, a couple of martinis and I usually feel that way)
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
        Yep. Appert disease.
        Chuckle
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Not a pretty game, but I will take a win anytime.
          Great way to start the new year.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Olives for everyone!!!
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

If my counting is correct, RPI's penalty kill was a perfect 11-for-11 on the weekend.

Comment

Almost - in one game one team pulled their goalie and then the other after a goal was scored. Trying to find the box score now
                I remember a game at HFH years ago (I’m sure you must have been there, Doc) in which they were playing either Colgate or Cornell and there was a delayed penalty and both teams pulled their goalie. It turned out the penalty was on RPI (of course), but no damage.

Comment

Reilly had an assist on the Ashbrook ENG.

Comment

Trying to find the box score of January 23, 2009 from Canton. We won that wild one 7-6 and Jenny and i were there for that one. There was a bunch of scoring late in the third period and I believe that was the game in which each team pulled their goalie near the end.

Only remember it as we were standing at the exit trying to leave early since it was snowing and we had to drive back to the center of the Adirondacks. But could not leave as the game just kept going on ending in OT!!
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 01-04-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Trying to find the box score of January 23, 2009 from Canton. We won that wild one 7-6 and Jenny and i were there for that one. There was a bunch of scoring late in the third period and I believe that was the game in which each team pulled their goalie near the end.

Only remember it as we were standing at the exit trying to leave early since it was snowing and we had to drive back to the center of the Adirondacks. But could not leave as the game just kept going on ending in OT!!

https://www.collegehockeystats.net/0...s/mrenstl1.j23
                      It looks like Lange played the whole game.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-04-2020, 08:43 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        That was not a fun period to watch, but at least we have a lead.
                        Two interference penalties called, and I didn't see anything.
                        What's up with that?
                        Kjellberg played the puck while he still had a foot in the box. That is considered interference.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                          Kjellberg played the puck while he still had a foot in the box. That is considered interference.
                          Thanks for the information. It is the first time I have seen that call in over 60 years of watching ice hockey.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Thanks for the information. It is the first time I have seen that call in over 60 years of watching ice hockey.
                            I was watching also and had simply felt he left the box and we were called for too many men on the ice for an illegal change! I have also never seen or heard of that call in over 65 years of following and playing hockey.

Comment

Working...
                            X