X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I understand the mechanics but do you understand the vast majority of people who just lost their jobs could give a **** about semantics right now? The banks just got a ****load of cash but their mortgage is still due. Their credit cards are still racking up interest. I have a nest egg in a CD at the bank. Now that it is flush with cash think I can get a deal on the withdrawal fees and penalties? Think I can get a lower interest rate on my loan? **** no. That would hurt the bottom line. And of course, no bank in the area is doing that loan deal I described. Can't do that. That might help people.
    Boo ****ing hoo
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I understand the mechanics but do you understand the vast majority of people who just lost their jobs could give a **** about semantics right now? The banks just got a ****load of cash but their mortgage is still due. Their credit cards are still racking up interest. I have a nest egg in a CD at the bank. Now that it is flush with cash think I can get a deal on the withdrawal fees and penalties? Think I can get a lower interest rate on my loan? **** no. That would hurt the bottom line. And of course, no bank in the area is doing that loan deal I described. Can't do that. That might help people.
      Do you know what happens when the banks run out of money?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Do you know what happens when the banks run out of money?
        Another reason to nationalize the financial sector.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The banks just got a ****load of cash.
          No. This sounds like a Bernie meme from someone who doesn’t know what the federal reserve is.
          You probably want to drop it.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I understand the mechanics
            No you don't. Your "expert" posts this past week on everything from airline finances to the Federal Reserve have proven that you know very little about the mechanics of the macro-economy or any particular industry. You just like to whine about banks and other corporations using the same tired tropes you get from your social media follows.

I get that it's a frustrating system, but it's not something we're going to fix overnight with a single sweep of the pen. Bernie wouldn't have fixed it either.

Comment

Ticap what would you have the Federal Reserve do...that is within the limits of their charter?

Follow up question; if the Federal Reserve stopped helping the businesses would the people be better off in any way?

Second follow up; you do understand what happens if the businesses arent propped up right? If everything starts to fail on Main Street you get how that effects everyone right? You have, I assume, taken MacroEcon at some point in your life correct?

Look it is annoying as hell, and you are correct that someone should be doing something to help but making up boogeymen and lying to try and make the point doesnt make you anything but a Trumper of a different color. It is stuff like that that makes everyone hate the uber fans of Bernie. They just throw out random statements with no basis in fact or logic, false equivocate to make their point and then when proven wrong blame everyone arguing against them as trying to "silence them" or plotting against them. All you are doing is hurting the cause.

(and please remember I voted for Bernie in the last two Primaries and have been saying I want him to be president since 2010)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                No you don't. Your "expert" posts this past week on everything from airline finances to the Federal Reserve have proven that you know very little about the mechanics of the macro-economy or any particular industry. You just like to whine about banks and other corporations using the same tired tropes you get from your social media follows.

I get that it's a frustrating system, but it's not something we're going to fix overnight with a single sweep of the pen. Bernie wouldn't have fixed it either.
                Good lord ALL OF THIS!

ticap probably missed MacroEcon cause he was out "Saving the Republic". Us lazy slobs wasted our time with our stupid book lernin'!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Good lord ALL OF THIS!

ticap probably missed MacroEcon cause he was out "Saving the Republic". Us lazy slobs wasted our time with our stupid book lernin'!
                  I'm not sure how this became a slam. As I recall it started because he was volunteering his time canvassing. Wow, being politically active and trying to make a difference -- WHAT A LOSER!

Sure, sometimes people post lazy memes or arguments. Get over it. Your own taunt is the same thing.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Despite the fact that I've self-quarantined, a week ago, minus a stop or two to buy gift cards from local small businesses, to help the revenue stream going.

I don't mind living rent-free in your head. But could you add some furniture or something? Kinda empty, otherwise.
                    You said that only at risk people needed to avoid bars and other crowded public spaces, which was 100% false.

Comment

Still doesn't excuse rufus' irrational obsession with Rube. I'd say he should get out more, but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I'm not sure how this became a slam. As I recall it started because he was volunteering his time canvassing. Wow, being politically active and trying to make a difference -- WHAT A LOSER!

Sure, sometimes people post lazy memes or arguments. Get over it. Your own taunt is the same thing.
                        It became a slam because he told us we are all worthless and not doing our part while he was out "Saving the Republic". Literally he made it sound like he is the only one fighting or caring. Sorry but that is pathetic and flat out wrong.

"Saving the Republic" isnt the slam...that he was arrogant enough to act like he is the only one doing it (much like the other members of that group you pretend dont exist) is the slam. Pointing out his Trump-like attitude is the slam.

You really got to look past your 12 paragraph diatribes and see what is actually going on
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          If they can't manage themselves properly in the current system then yes, they deserve more regulation. If you're given enough rope to hand yourself (Capitalism) and you keep hanging yourself and you are essential then yes, you deserve more regulation.

I don't think that is unreasonable in the least.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think a couple of you are missing the fact that we haven’t experienced a stress like this since the Great Depression. Maybe ever.

Banks can’t be expected to go from record employment to record unemployment in a month. Banks can’t be expected to protect the money supply themselves. That’s why we have the Federal Reserve system and government backing.

Maybe moving forward we should? I don’t know. But let’s put the fire out before we start considering what color the carpet should be.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I think a couple of you are missing the fact that we haven’t experienced a stress like this since the Great Depression. Maybe ever.

Banks can’t be expected to go from record employment to record unemployment in a month. Banks can’t be expected to protect the money supply themselves. That’s why we have the Federal Reserve system and government backing.

Maybe moving forward we should? I don’t know. But let’s put the fire out before we start considering what color the carpet should be.
                              All I know is no one was saving for a rainy day (well the State of Minnesota was thanks ONLY to the Democrats) while the sun was shining. The Trillion Dollar tax cut and all the share buybacks were proof positive of that.

And yes, I don't disagree that the banks need to be protected and the Fed is there to help with that.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Apparently not, because the part that is nationalized and doing its job is being criticized for doing its job.

Comment

Working...
                                X