X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Refining is an expensive and energy-intensive process. Just because oil is down doesn't mean it costs less to refine.
    I hadn't thought about that. What percentage of the price of oil is the oil, as opposed to refining and transport?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I hadn't thought about that. What percentage of the price of oil is the oil, as opposed to refining and transport?
      No idea. WOuldn't be surprised if you could find that info about five years ago from the DOE. Who knows now.

You can find that info for general energy production. I know 25% is lost to just transfer alone.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        No idea. WOuldn't be surprised if you could find that info about five years ago from the DOE. Who knows now.

You can find that info for general energy production. I know 25% is lost to just transfer alone.
        From what I read yesterday it's roughly 90 cents/gallon to make, distribute, and markup gasoline out of free oil. But it's not a straight formula, there are all kinds of taxes and whatnot that come into play.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Well so much for the meager gains...Dow will be under 19k tomorrow.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This should go well:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              This should go well:

That ***** was clued in and saved her portfolio. Meanwhile I lost 33%. I hope she gets excoriated.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

JFC, this guy already makes me miss Dennis Muilenburg. Alan Mulally, can you come out of retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Nah, Rube's gonna be out at the bars with his buddies. Can't live his life in fear.
                  Despite the fact that I've self-quarantined, a week ago, minus a stop or two to buy gift cards from local small businesses, to help the revenue stream going.

I don't mind living rent-free in your head. But could you add some furniture or something? Kinda empty, otherwise.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      Despite the fact that I've self-quarantined, a week ago, minus a stop or two to buy gift cards from local small businesses, to help the revenue stream going.

I don't mind living rent-free in your head. But could you add some furniture or something? Kinda empty, otherwise.
                      No sheep??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The fed announces it will loan banks $1 trillion per day throughout the crisis. Phew. I can't tell you how I tossed and turned last night worrying about the poor banks. It's not as if millions of people lost their jobs overnight and Wall Street just cratered.

But I'm sure that money will "trickle down" to the rest of us. If there's one thing the last 40 years have taught me, it's that trickle down economics works wonders.

Comment

Mixing metaphors
                          ..but whatever
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Mixing metaphors
                            ..but whatever
                            Boo ****ing hoo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              The fed announces it will loan banks $1 trillion per day throughout the crisis. Phew. I can't tell you how I tossed and turned last night worrying about the poor banks. It's not as if millions of people lost their jobs overnight and Wall Street just cratered.

But I'm sure that money will "trickle down" to the rest of us. If there's one thing the last 40 years have taught me, it's that trickle down economics works wonders.
                              It's almost as though the Fed is an independent entity fulfilling its duties using the tools it has.

Once again, the Fed != the feds. Stop bashing someone doing their job and focus on those who aren't: Trump, McConnell, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                It's almost as though the Fed is an independent entity fulfilling its duties using the tools it has.

Once again, the Fed != the feds. Stop bashing someone doing their job and focus on those who aren't: Trump, McConnell, etc.
                                I understand the mechanics but do you understand the vast majority of people who just lost their jobs could give a **** about semantics right now? The banks just got a ****load of cash but their mortgage is still due. Their credit cards are still racking up interest. I have a nest egg in a CD at the bank. Now that it is flush with cash think I can get a deal on the withdrawal fees and penalties? Think I can get a lower interest rate on my loan? **** no. That would hurt the bottom line. And of course, no bank in the area is doing that loan deal I described. Can't do that. That might help people.

Comment

Working...
                                X