This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    You don't truly work in aviation until you cash your first unemployment check...
    The stability of the cargo side is a real anomaly huh?

I’m not too worried. A) This country still has to ship stuff in from China despite terrible efforts and B) I have enough of a seniority cushion to absorb potential layoffs/furloughs. Plus we have a ton of people quickly approaching retirement. The one thing I worry about is my shift hours switching to something terrible again, I spent 10+ years working crappy shifts to finally get my decent spot I have now.

Though, things are likely to get real bad up here with all the COVID-19 related stuff, oil prices tanking, and tourism (especially cruise ships) dropping like a rock.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      SIP ur doin it wrong
      We have a big back yard cause we are White Liberal Suburbanites
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Another 6.6 million new initial jobless claims today.
        Last edited by aparch; 04-09-2020, 08:33 AM.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And in Michigan, we're experiencing delays on our unemployment checks. Some people filed three weeks ago and haven't gotten anything yet.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

6.6m new unemployment claims

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Thanks goes to Dump. It's of his making.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Fake news!

?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  wife and I are both state employees. We're not really worried about layoffs especially for our positions (she's 10 years in, union covered, and in a constitutionally required job; I'm at-will but my position is revenue neutral for my agency), but are fully expecting furloughs the 2nd half of the year once the budget numbers come back. Which, I guess if there's a year to have furloughs, it's during a 27-paycheck year.
                  Can you be unemployed if you still have a law license?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    That was... a lot more than expected...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      That was... a lot more than expected...
                      And I still think corporate America has barely begun to dump its white collar workers. I think it gets way worse

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        And I still think corporate America has barely begun to dump its white collar workers. I think it gets way worse
                        Agree. There are currently ~17 Million people who filed for unemployment in the last three weeks, and that's mainly service industry employees from businesses that didn't want to wait it out.

There are a lot of white collar people working from home that companies could now see as expendable.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Coming into this week, I have been averaging 80 hours + 20-26 hours OT on each 2 week paycheck. I had just 2 hours OT this past week. Being food distribution we're still nowhere near layoffs, but it's a noticeable reduction in hours.

It's also interesting to note that my job will lose 90% of hires before they hit 90 days (majority are people simply walking away because they don't want to work in a fridge/freezer environment. Not showing up (you are terminated on a 3rd late/call off in first 90 days) and being a buffoon with a forklift also take out a small portion). I wouldn't be shocked if the office people are licking their chops at the idea of a downturn simply for the fact that they may be able to get a slight uptick in people who will be both competent AND willing to do the job.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            This is why The Senate was trying to push through the extra cash for SBA so fast. They must have gotten wind the number was going to be huge.

Short Term UBI might be the only way out of this. Even states with a decent set up for unemployment like Minnesota are having issues. The system isnt built for this many people this fast.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              This is why The Senate was trying to push through the extra cash for SBA so fast. They must have gotten wind the number was going to be huge.

Short Term UBI might be the only way out of this. Even states with a decent set up for unemployment like Minnesota are having issues. The system isnt built for this many people this fast.
                              Yet we've known for a long time this could happen. Good thing we got that tax cut through. I don't know what we'd do without that.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

And one third of renters missed making their rent this month.

And there is talk among economists that the housing market is showing signs of collapse, coupled with banks being too busy making loans to small businesses and not able to take on mortgage loans.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X