This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

And since the PPP rollout was an epic failure there is no incentive yet to keep people on yet. Until the banks feel the need to actually start paying out the PPP loans (which require like 70% of the funds go to retaining or hiring staff) no one is going to just keep people around. This isnt getting better any time soon.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Big business layoffs will come in wave 2. Starting around end of q2
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Big business layoffs will come in wave 2. Starting around end of q2
        Yep. They were waiting to see if things eased up at all and they havent. They also tried to protect their stock price but there is no way to prevent the inevitable now.

Q3 is shot...Q4 likely as well.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sounds like my work dumps thousands soon...saying it isn’t even covid related lol.
          I fully assume I’m unemployed in a few weeks

Comment

Ugh. I’m sorry.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I am so, so sorry DGF.

Well, I'm sorry to all on here who may be affected by this. I've been there. Went through two layoffs in the big '08 recession. My heart aches for all of us.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

My company said they can’t do unpaid leave.

I’m pretty sure it’s because they just want us off their books.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  My company said they can’t do unpaid leave.

I’m pretty sure it’s because they just want us off their books.
                  That would be my guess. That sucks.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sounds like my work dumps thousands soon...saying it isn’t even covid related lol.
                    That sucks. Sorry to hear.

We just stopped virtually all training except a few pilots and well, us. We haven't been on the floor since March 24th, and will likely not be in the building again until May now outside of one recurrent day. Luckily, the training department is giving us homework to do and we are going to have a web conference to go over it on a weekly basis (first one was today). I just keep reminding myself at least I'm still getting paid. We have desks with 6 flights on them for the entire day. I was working 40-45 on a 9 hour morning shift when I started training on the floor in February.

I fully expect the axe to come down in October. Hopefully, the union is successful in convincing the company to give us recall rights even though we will be 3 weeks away from being officially covered under the contract (It will literally cost them nothing extra, and will save them money bringing us up to speed vs. a brand new class).
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

wife and I are both state employees. We're not really worried about layoffs especially for our positions (she's 10 years in, union covered, and in a constitutionally required job; I'm at-will but my position is revenue neutral for my agency), but are fully expecting furloughs the 2nd half of the year once the budget numbers come back. Which, I guess if there's a year to have furloughs, it's during a 27-paycheck year.
                      Last edited by unofan; 04-08-2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        That sucks. Sorry to hear.

We just stopped virtually all training except a few pilots and well, us. We haven't been on the floor since March 24th, and will likely not be in the building again until May now outside of one recurrent day. Luckily, the training department is giving us homework to do and we are going to have a web conference to go over it on a weekly basis (first one was today). I just keep reminding myself at least I'm still getting paid. We have desks with 6 flights on them for the entire day. I was working 40-45 on a 9 hour morning shift when I started training on the floor in February.

I fully expect the axe to come down in October. Hopefully, the union is successful in convincing the company to give us recall rights even though we will be 3 weeks away from being officially covered under the contract (It will literally cost them nothing extra, and will save them money bringing us up to speed vs. a brand new class).
                        My delta family is reducing work and pay by 25%

Comment

My delta family is reducing work and pay by 25%
                          You don't truly work in aviation until you cash your first unemployment check...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            You don't truly work in aviation until you cash your first unemployment check...
                            My family member has been there 25 years so they know

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              You can come over and BBQ
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                You can come over and BBQ
                                SIP ur doin it wrong
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X