Clear All

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Wrong!
    Nationally know pizza chains worse than Papa Murphy's:
    Papa John's
    Little Caesar's
    Cici's

Well, ok, there should be about 1000 ellipses between LC's and Cici's, but I digress.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Nationally know pizza chains worse than Papa Murphy's:
      Papa John's
      Little Caesar's
      Cici's

Well, ok, there should be about 1000 ellipses between LC's and Cici's, but I digress.
      Dominoes
      Pizza Slut

They're all awful of course. This is the Cripple Olympics.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Dominoes
        Pizza Slut

They're all awful of course. This is the Cripple Olympics.
        The Hut is pretty bad. Domino's is okay for mass market pizza. I'd say they are the best of the Cripple Olympics.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          The Hut is pretty bad. Domino's is okay for mass market pizza. I'd say they are the best of the Cripple Olympics.
          I've heard they have improved but as a college student of the 80s I just can't. The logo itself makes me gag.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I've heard they have improved but as a college student of the 80s I just can't. The logo itself makes me gag.
            IIRC, the combo of the garlic pesto sauce, with pepp/saus/jalapeno is solid. They did a makeover of all their sauces and crusts a few years ago. MUCH better.

Granted, it won't top a good indie pizza place, but for the "fast food" version of pizza, I'd throw my vote to them.

Comment

Dominos is better than it was in the 90s, still not great. Would and have eaten it still. But among take out chains, Papa Murphys has the tastiest pizza of them all.

I prefer Luce, Savoy, and Carbones, but they’re fairly expensive.

Luce holds a special significance since Mrs. 316 and I had our first date there. Tasty Pizza holds a special significance because I grew up on it. Pagliai’s is good, but about an hour 15 too far away.

Otherwise, Rube, you’ve listed pizzas that are worse, name some better than Murphy’s. For the price, it can’t be beat.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Wrong!
                Leave it to the hawks fan to be the voice of reason.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Dominos is better than it was in the 90s, still not great. Would and have eaten it still. But among take out chains, Papa Murphys has the tastiest pizza of them all.

I prefer Luce, Savoy, and Carbones, but they’re fairly expensive.

Luce holds a special significance since Mrs. 316 and I had our first date there. Tasty Pizza holds a special significance because I grew up on it. Pagliai’s is good, but about an hour 15 too far away.

Otherwise, Rube, you’ve listed pizzas that are worse, name some better than Murphy’s. For the price, it can’t be beat.
                  I agree with Tasty, sentimental. Luce is good, but yes expensive. Grizzly's Plymouth is dang good (BBQ Chicken w/bacon FTW), and reasonably priced.

I hesitate to mention this, but out of respect, Campus was dam good. RIP. Hand over heart.
                  Sarpino's was awesome, but that is now unavailable in my area. I have to make a drive.

Comment

I was the last customer to ever leave campus pizza. That place was my favorite.

That was five years ago yesterday.
                    Code:

Comment

Five?
                      Dannnnng.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wow.

Comment

Greg told me and LuckyGirl before they even told staff. I just about fell off my chair. Definitely cried that night. I went there 40-50 times a year. I met so many of my current friends there and because of that place. Two of my Groomsmen and one of the bridesmaids were met through that place.

I have my CP shirt and menu from that night still.
                          Code:

Comment

Greg told me and LuckyGirl before they even told staff. I just about fell off my chair. Definitely cried that night. I went there 40-50 times a year. I met so many of my current friends there and because of that place. Two of my Groomsmen and one of the bridesmaids were met through that place.

I have my CP shirt and menu from that night still.
                            This right here is the definition of loyalty to a good business. No joke, no smirk, more should be like this. If you're known as a regular to a small business, you are doing it right.

Comment

Rube which mass produced pizza chain available in the TC is better than Murphy's? It's no Savoy but that's kind of the point.

Also their choc chip cookie dough was the bomb diggity. Although I suspect I consumed roughly 50% of every tub without baking it first.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Rube which mass produced pizza chain available in the TC is better than Murphy's? It's no Savoy but that's kind of the point.

Also their choc chip cookie dough was the bomb diggity. Although I suspect I consumed roughly 50% of every tub without baking it first.
                                Garlic cheese bread is excellent too. Going to have to try the cookie dough next time.

The only nationwide pizza chain that I like better is Jet's. If I order Domino's or Pizza Hut, it's out of convenience (they deliver to me...I'm outside of their area down here).
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X