Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1002

Thread: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

  1. #761
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    How are they different aside from their pizza not sucking?
    I assume he means because he’s cooking it, less chance for germs to be passed

  2. #762
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,724

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I assume he means because he’s cooking it, less chance for germs to be passed
    Yeah. I figure a 425 degree oven for 18 minutes is enough to take care of anything that made its way to the surface.

    But also the pizza doesn’t suck.

  3. #763
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    32,987
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah. I figure a 425 degree oven for 18 minutes is enough to take care of anything that made its way to the surface.

    But also the pizza doesn’t suck.
    Oh yeah I forgot they were take and bake. It's been too long.

    My wife has learned how to make a great pizza dough so we've been making at home for quite some. It's really coming in handy now.

  4. #764
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Yeah. I figure a 425 degree oven for 18 minutes is enough to take care of anything that made its way to the surface.

    But also the pizza doesn’t suck.
    Papa Murphy's sucks. Not the worst pizza, but let's just say I think they are the better version of the Papa chains and nothing more.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  5. #765
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Papa Murphy's sucks.
    Wrong!
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  6. #766
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Wrong!
    Nationally know pizza chains worse than Papa Murphy's:
    Papa John's
    Little Caesar's
    Cici's

    Well, ok, there should be about 1000 ellipses between LC's and Cici's, but I digress.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  7. #767
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    75,173

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Nationally know pizza chains worse than Papa Murphy's:
    Papa John's
    Little Caesar's
    Cici's

    Well, ok, there should be about 1000 ellipses between LC's and Cici's, but I digress.
    Dominoes
    Pizza Slut

    They're all awful of course. This is the Cripple Olympics.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  8. #768
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Dominoes
    Pizza Slut

    They're all awful of course. This is the Cripple Olympics.
    The Hut is pretty bad. Domino's is okay for mass market pizza. I'd say they are the best of the Cripple Olympics.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  9. #769
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    75,173

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    The Hut is pretty bad. Domino's is okay for mass market pizza. I'd say they are the best of the Cripple Olympics.
    I've heard they have improved but as a college student of the 80s I just can't. The logo itself makes me gag.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  10. #770
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I've heard they have improved but as a college student of the 80s I just can't. The logo itself makes me gag.
    IIRC, the combo of the garlic pesto sauce, with pepp/saus/jalapeno is solid. They did a makeover of all their sauces and crusts a few years ago. MUCH better.

    Granted, it won't top a good indie pizza place, but for the "fast food" version of pizza, I'd throw my vote to them.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  11. #771
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,724

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Dominos is better than it was in the 90s, still not great. Would and have eaten it still. But among take out chains, Papa Murphys has the tastiest pizza of them all.

    I prefer Luce, Savoy, and Carbones, but they’re fairly expensive.

    Luce holds a special significance since Mrs. 316 and I had our first date there. Tasty Pizza holds a special significance because I grew up on it. Pagliai’s is good, but about an hour 15 too far away.

    Otherwise, Rube, you’ve listed pizzas that are worse, name some better than Murphy’s. For the price, it can’t be beat.

  12. #772
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,724

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Wrong!
    Leave it to the hawks fan to be the voice of reason.

  13. #773
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Dominos is better than it was in the 90s, still not great. Would and have eaten it still. But among take out chains, Papa Murphys has the tastiest pizza of them all.

    I prefer Luce, Savoy, and Carbones, but they’re fairly expensive.

    Luce holds a special significance since Mrs. 316 and I had our first date there. Tasty Pizza holds a special significance because I grew up on it. Pagliai’s is good, but about an hour 15 too far away.

    Otherwise, Rube, you’ve listed pizzas that are worse, name some better than Murphy’s. For the price, it can’t be beat.
    I agree with Tasty, sentimental. Luce is good, but yes expensive. Grizzly's Plymouth is dang good (BBQ Chicken w/bacon FTW), and reasonably priced.

    I hesitate to mention this, but out of respect, Campus was dam good. RIP. Hand over heart.
    Sarpino's was awesome, but that is now unavailable in my area. I have to make a drive.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  14. #774
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,724

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    I was the last customer to ever leave campus pizza. That place was my favorite.

    That was five years ago yesterday.

  15. #775
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I was the last customer to ever leave campus pizza. That place was my favorite.

    That was five years ago yesterday.
    Five?
    Dannnnng.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  16. #776
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I was the last customer to ever leave campus pizza. That place was my favorite.

    That was five years ago yesterday.
    Wow.

  17. #777
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,724

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Greg told me and LuckyGirl before they even told staff. I just about fell off my chair. Definitely cried that night. I went there 40-50 times a year. I met so many of my current friends there and because of that place. Two of my Groomsmen and one of the bridesmaids were met through that place.

    I have my CP shirt and menu from that night still.

  18. #778
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    121,828

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Greg told me and LuckyGirl before they even told staff. I just about fell off my chair. Definitely cried that night. I went there 40-50 times a year. I met so many of my current friends there and because of that place. Two of my Groomsmen and one of the bridesmaids were met through that place.

    I have my CP shirt and menu from that night still.
    This right here is the definition of loyalty to a good business. No joke, no smirk, more should be like this. If you're known as a regular to a small business, you are doing it right.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #779
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    32,987

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Rube which mass produced pizza chain available in the TC is better than Murphy's? It's no Savoy but that's kind of the point.

    Also their choc chip cookie dough was the bomb diggity. Although I suspect I consumed roughly 50% of every tub without baking it first.

  20. #780
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

    Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Rube which mass produced pizza chain available in the TC is better than Murphy's? It's no Savoy but that's kind of the point.

    Also their choc chip cookie dough was the bomb diggity. Although I suspect I consumed roughly 50% of every tub without baking it first.
    Garlic cheese bread is excellent too. Going to have to try the cookie dough next time.

    The only nationwide pizza chain that I like better is Jet's. If I order Domino's or Pizza Hut, it's out of convenience (they deliver to me...I'm outside of their area down here).
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •