X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economic, and Tax Policy 9: No, No, No, We Compost The Rich

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You get equity not because it’s an instant return tomorrow. You buy equity because
    1. They will be profitable eventually.
    2. If not, we protect our stake in the physical assets like the planes.

If they liquidate someone will buy. There will be a demand for air travel eventually. The thing is, we don’t give these companies everything in return for nothing. They’ll just go back to buying back stock and ****ing the employees again.

Again, these shares should be first in line among all debt. That protects the people (us) who didn’t want a stake but had to buy. The owners of the company shouldn’t get first in line because they’re the ones who ****ed this up. The shareholders approved the board who approved the decisions the execs made.
    I dont think you will ever see the Government liquidate. (they will keep wasting money its the government way!) Private firm though yes which is again why if Delata threw a bunch of shares on the market it could get ugly fast.

(again this is all theoretical)

FWIW I have no issue with the government buying preferred shares in the airlines. I think there needs to be lots of rules attached to such a plan and I dont trust THIS government to do that. But I dont want to see the airlines fail or merge any more than they have and if a Government Stock Buy will prevent that I wont argue against it. I am just saying it is not the panacea some think it is there is problems this can cause. I also think in some cases those risks might be worth it.
    Last edited by Handyman; 03-28-2020, 12:04 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      This is all incorrect. They are still flying some routes, still paying the vast majority of full-time employees and paying their share of those employees' benefits, and all those planes that are parked are incurring maintenance costs and parking fees - you can't just start flying a plane again after it's been parked for two months.
      Yeah it isnt a complete shut down it is just a major major cut back. That is why money is still draining...

If the company was as rufus put it then all offices would be closed...the business would be shuttered until this ended. The effect that would have on the market could be catastrophic if it was Delta and United doing it. (people would cheer if it was American )
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I dont think you will ever see the Government liquidate. (they will keep wasting money its the government way!) Private firm though yes which is again why if Delata threw a bunch of shares on the market it could get ugly fast.

(again this is all theoretical)
        Did we sell GM back on the market or through sell backs directly to GM?

We could easily DCA out over five years with minimal impact.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My son is still flying planes all over the midwest out of nyc. How much longer? Who knows

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

In some cases, they are also still cutting checks for the newer planes in their fleet. Or paying lease costs - Delta still pays SWA for their lease of the former AirTran 717s that fly around in DL colors.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Probably wouldn’t be a terrible idea to get to the bank early if that’s the case.
              Fifth Third already emailed their customers (I have a checking account with them) to let them know that there *ISN'T* a physical check being mailed unless you do not have electronic bank account information previously on record with the IRS.
              f you have a Fifth Third bank account on file with the IRS (for direct deposit of tax refunds or Social Security benefits), you will likely receive your payment electronically within a month. Fifth Third online and mobile users with deposit alerts activated will be immediately notified of the deposit.

If you do not have an account with the IRS, you will most likely receive a paper check. You can deposit that check at our branches and ATMs or in the convenience of your own home using the Fifth Third mobile app.
              Fifth Third also mentioned in the email that there is mortgage forbearance can be negotiated with them.

Wells Fargo (who currently holds my mortgage) conveniently emailed me, immediately after Fifth Third, to let me know that I can continue to use the Wells Fargo app or website to keep current with my monthly payments.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Did we sell GM back on the market or through sell backs directly to GM?

We could easily DCA out over five years with minimal impact.
                I dont remember. I do remember the GM bailout was the only one I liked back then because it made the most sense. (I didnt care if the failing banks tanked the economy...cause I was younger and stupid )

And as I said in my edit, if the right provisions are in place I wouldnt be upset buy a stock buy. I just dont trust these nimrods to do it right.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Fifth Third already emailed their customers (I have a checking account with them) to let them know that there *ISN'T* a physical check being mailed unless you do not have electronic bank account information previously on record with the IRS.

Fifth Third also mentioned in the email that there is mortgage forbearance can be negotiated with them.

Wells Fargo (who currently holds my mortgage) conveniently emailed me, immediately after Fifth Third, to let me know that I can continue to use the Wells Fargo app or website to keep current with my monthly payments.
                  Does the forbearance include accruing interest? If you still are getting dinged on interest that could still be painful.

And yeah Wells Fargo can die in a fire.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I’m a little disconnected from the passenger side of things considering we’ve been carrying on almost like normal.

Saw photos from a couple of different airports with planes just being parked on the runway.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Does the forbearance include accruing interest? If you still are getting dinged on interest that could still be painful.

And yeah Wells Fargo can die in a fire.
                      The Fifth Third email doesn't say. Just says to call them to discuss options.

I did re-read the Wells Fargo email, and buried near the bottom is their mention of Mortgage Forbearance. They ask that you e-mail them instead and they will reply back with options for your account.

I used to like WF when they first bought all the First National Bank of Michigan locations. Then after college I realized what a terrible company they had become.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        My son is still flying planes all over the midwest out of nyc. How much longer? Who knows

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        Surely you mean over the midwest?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Instacart workers will strike next week

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Note: I agree with them 100%

That said...good god this could backfire on them. I hope it doesnt but if this is handled wrong it could be a PR nightmare.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Note: I agree with them 100%

That said...good god this could backfire on them. I hope it doesnt but if this is handled wrong it could be a PR nightmare.
                                It's gonna backfire. They will be scolded for using a crisis as leverage for personal gain, and be labeled divisive and anti-American. Corporate will whisper to the press that the unions are behind it.

Comment

Working...
                                X