Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UMA @ RPI, Sunday, 12/29/19 (5 PM)

Eng 5-3
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

final

UMA 5
      RPI 3
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        Gary Player

Comment

That had to be the worst exhibition of how to try to get an extra attacker onto the ice and pull the goalie near the end of any game I have ever witnessed! Give the boys all the credit in the world for keeping this one close and coming back twice in the third period but that last couple minutes shows how far away from being competitive we may really be.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 12-29-2019, 07:24 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I didn't realize that it was Danny DiGrande's first career goal.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              That had to be the worst exhibition of how to try to get an extra attacker onto the ice and pull the goalie near the end of any game I have ever witnessed! Give the boys all the credit in the world for keeping this one close and coming back twice in the third period but that last couple minutes shows how far away from being competitive we may really be.
              Doc, you are right about the last minute of the game, but the teams play on their last power play was like watching five guys who had never played together.
              The difference between these two teams was that UMass had a cohesive team that had players in position to help out their teammates.
              We had players making blind passes all game to non existing teammates.
              Too many times this year, we don't seem to be on the same page on the ice.
              I think we have some talent as they showed in the third period, coming back as they did. But they just don't play as a team for big portions of the game.
              Benjamin Franklin
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Doc, you are right about the last minute of the game, but the teams play on their last power play was like watching five guys who had never played together.
                The difference between these two teams was that UMass had a cohesive team that had players in position to help out their teammates.
                We had players making blind passes all game to non existing teammates.
                Too many times this year, we don't seem to be on the same page on the ice.
                I think we have some talent as they showed in the third period, coming back as they did. But they just don't play as a team for big portions of the game.
                Agree with each and every point you make. One would think that after 15 games or more that they would not be strangers on the ice. We played UMass twice this year and both games got away from us.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                X