• Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors 2020

Beautiful give and go for the win.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Good thing, too. Because had they turned over the puck, that’s pretty much a guaranteed 3 on 0 breakaway for Knight to deal with.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        He really is. What a play.

Huge period coming up here with a win the US is a lock for, at least, second. With a loss they’re headed for Sweden or Finland in the quarters (most likely)...
        That was a thing of beauty
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

What a game. Classic World Junior clash before an electric Czech crowd. Love the old Czech guy pulling his stocking cap over his face. HIGHLIGHTS

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            ....Love the old Czech guy pulling his stocking cap over his face. HIGHLIGHTS
            Um....I've done the same thing at numerous Beanpots over the years. (But not recently.)
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Tough time for the Czechs. Hopefully we can pull it out against Canada. That should be a great game.

Meanwhile... my poor Slovaks are going to be shot into the sun by the Swedes.

Not good so far, but we still have our oily Bohunk hopes.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Entire replay of USA Czech game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AAJypPhTfw
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Unfortunate turn of events today will lead to US playing Fins on Thursday.
                  Go Pioneers!

Comment

The Swiss beat the Finns 5-2? The f-ck?
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The Swiss beat the Finns 5-2? The f-ck?
                      At least the US got the extra day of rest and that’s an early start time at 6:30am eastern/12:30pm local time.

So they’ll have to go through a path of likely Finland, likely Sweden and then either Russia/Canada/Switzerland baring an upset. Not going to be an easy path for sure.

EDIT: times were incorrect initially. US will play at 11:30 a.m. eastern on Thursday.
                      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 12-31-2019, 04:16 PM.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Looks like they were maybe originally scheduled for the early-early game and it got moved? Moving to the other barn too.
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Russia is first into the semis with 3-1 win over the Switzerland in a seeding "upset", but I think you'd be hard pressed to say Russia wasn't the favorite in that game. Winner plays the Canada/Slovakia winner, Canada leads 1-0 late in the first and the Canadians have lost Foote with a major penalty for the rest of the game and potentially the semifinals?

US/Finland is on at 11:30am eastern.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Russia is first into the semis with 3-1 win over the Switzerland in a seeding "upset", but I think you'd be hard pressed to say Russia wasn't the favorite in that game. Winner plays the Canada/Slovakia winner, Canada leads 1-0 late in the first and the Canadians have lost Foote with a major penalty for the rest of the game and potentially the semifinals?

US/Finland is on at 11:30am eastern.
                            Prezde

Tournament is reseeded after the QF. No more straight brackets.

If rest of the higher seeds win, it will be
                            SWE - RUS
                            CAN - USA
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

With Lafreniare back the lock is back on. I don't see anyone but Sweden having a shot.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

5-0 Canada in the second.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X