Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Juniors 2020

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    5-0 Canada in the second. Is the US game 11:30 or 15:30 eastern? Seeing different reports
    11:30am eastern
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

US keeps taking penalties and isn't really given itself much of a chance for offense in the first period...
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

1-0 Suomi in the 3rd. Uh oh...
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Well that's an unfortunate ending...

Really physical game on both sides with a bunch of unnecessary hits. Unfortunate the US lost its cool but the refs missed some things that led to this.

2nd place in the group of death and get last year's gold medalists...crappy draw but gotta win tough games to win it all.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          Oswego State '09

Comment

No medals for Team USA this year. Finns played their game and kept the US boys from getting into good scoring areas and they really clogged up the neutral zone. My hats off to them
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
              No medals for Team USA this year. Finns played their game and kept the US boys from getting into good scoring areas and they really clogged up the neutral zone. My hats off to them
              Yes and the Netminder for Finland was solid...he stoned them time and again, except for one cross bar shot he was in control.

Comment

Never viewed this as a great US team. Oliver Wahlstrom continues to underwhelm. Not enough juice upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Never viewed this as a great US team. Oliver Wahlstrom continues to underwhelm. Not enough juice upfront.
                  They certainly needed more from Wahlstrom and Caufield.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Wahlstrom is an up and down wing man, good shot but not very creative and low motor. He needs a very creative center to make time and space for him. I don't see him having much of a pro career.

Comment

Sandy is Garbage. Former Suzie let's the USA down, I am shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        ...Oliver Wahlstrom continues to underwhelm...
                        Agree, as witness the Beanpots and Lamoriellos that never came to Chestnut Hill while he was there. Also expected more of Caufield and Miller.

No puck luck and just not enough US firepower up front to overcome the Finns clogging the middle and blocking the shooting lanes. Also a bad quarterfinal draw. USA would have been playing the Swiss had said Swiss not improbably upset the aforementioned Finns in the last prelim game.

The sun will still come up tomorrow.
                        Last edited by Split-N; 01-02-2020, 02:52 PM.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          Agree, as witness the Beanpots and Lamoriellos that never came to Chestnut Hill while he was there.
                          I mean... he was only here for a year.

The Barry Trotz quote when he was sent down to Bridgeport was very telling. I think he was just so talented at his age level for such a long period of time, he just got by on talent and wasn't absorbing the coaching and learning how to play the game. I'm still not sure how coachable he is at this point. Another one that probably should have stayed in school.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            I mean... he was only here for a year.

The Barry Trotz quote when he was sent down to Bridgeport was very telling. I think he was just so talented at his age level for such a long period of time, he just got by on talent and wasn't absorbing the coaching and learning how to play the game. I'm still not sure how coachable he is at this point. Another one that probably should have stayed in school.
                            Would you have wanted him for another year? Granted I only saw him play a few games, but yikes... The games I saw hey played like he had no more ****s to give.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Bah, Cz and Sk both dead.

A wasted year, going 2-8 between them.

Here's to the Finns. Just win the whole thing.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Would you have wanted him for another year? Granted I only saw him play a few games, but yikes... The games I saw hey played like he had no more ****s to give.
                                I mean... I feel like we have a good answer of what it's like without him. So in hindsight no. Even if he is considered an elite player.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X