World Juniors 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
    Sandy is Garbage. Former Suzie let's the USA down, I am shocked.
    The guy who has won 3 national championships is garbage? Your obsession is real. Seek help now
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Re: World Juniors 2020

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      I mean... he was only here for a year.

The Barry Trotz quote when he was sent down to Bridgeport was very telling. I think he was just so talented at his age level for such a long period of time, he just got by on talent and wasn't absorbing the coaching and learning how to play the game. I'm still not sure how coachable he is at this point. Another one that probably should have stayed in school.
      Agreed. On the Development team, he had some pretty impressive numbers against D1 schools (2 point games against Notre Dame, Harvard, Michigan, and Kato, goals against NoDak and Ferris), and so he may have thought, even before starting college, that he'd already proven himself against that level of competition. It has to be hard to get buy in from someone like that. "Block a shot? Are you kidding me, coach? These are million dollar feet we're talking about!"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Also expected more of Caufield and Miller.
        *awkward silence*
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Bah, Cz and Sk both dead.

A wasted year, going 2-8 between them.

Here's to the Finns. Just win the whole thing.
          Be happy with the Finns or Swedes winning it all.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Putting 4 Granato players on the team in key roles.....mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              Yes and the Netminder for Finland was solid...he stoned them time and again, except for one cross bar shot he was in control.
              Seems true.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Never viewed this as a great US team. Oliver Wahlstrom continues to underwhelm. Not enough juice upfront.
                Too much pressure to young. He will come back. He has hands, just needs time for his brain to command what his hands and body want.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                  Putting 4 Granato players on the team in key roles.....mistake.
                  They didn't have enough time away from Granato to develop.😉
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Ouch.

Comment

• Re: World Juniors 2020

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      No medals for Team USA this year. Finns played their game and kept the US boys from getting into good scoring areas and they really clogged up the neutral zone. My hats off to them
                      One of the best 1-0 games I have seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Hey now. Miller only had game-blowing turnover five feet in front of his goalie!

#Progress
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Hey now. Miller only had game-blowing turnover five feet in front of his goalie!

#Progress
                          Russia and Sweden sure was a treat in the first semifinal.

Russia won 5-4 in overtime. Sweden came back from a 3-1 deficit to tie it at 3-3 and then take a 4-3 lead only to have Russia tie it.

Tough one again for the Swedes who once again can’t make the gold medal game after extended their pool play winning streak to 52 straight.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

3-0 Canada after 5 minutes, looks like a match of the evil empires coming up in the final.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Tough ending for the US. Lose to the Finns who get blown out by Canada. Kind of felt it coming after watching them in pool play and then getting Finland instead of the Swiss. And their penalty kill....oof.

Comment

• got owned in their first mtg with RUS. way to bounce back in their second meeting in the finals.
                                being down 2 G in the 3rd; team CAN coming back to win the gold 4-3.
                                Resilient!
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X