Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I have no doubt he is up to it. I was more thinking that knowing our luck he'll get run over by one of WMU's large forwards --they have plenty. For some reason, RPI doesn't exactly place a premium on patrolling our crease...
    What goalie would want to sit out both games of a series at this point of the season. I get no one wants to see him get hurt, but you can't focus on the what ifs. He needs to play and if RPI hopes to do anything in the post season, he needs to play to stay sharp. I could see him playing 1/2 but he absolutely should play one of the games. Should Reilly sit out this weekend? He could get hurt, too. As to the $17 to watch one game, I only pay $12 for a ticket to see it in person. Not paying more to see the game on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Saw that earlier today. Doubt i will subscribe at that price. If it was for both games, as a weekend pass, then it would be worth it.
      Charlene sent a message that you can get a month for $23.95.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Saw that earlier today. Doubt i will subscribe at that price. If it was for both games, as a weekend pass, then it would be worth it.
        Given that it is 7-3 after two periods, probably good I decided to listen to WRPI, but got to watch the RPI women hang tough against Princeton on ESPN+. Speaking of ESPN+, they are broadcasting club team hockey now: NYU @ Liberty U.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
          Given that it is 7-3 after two periods, probably good I decided to listen to WRPI, but got to watch the RPI women hang tough against Princeton on ESPN+. Speaking of ESPN+, they are broadcasting club team hockey now: NYU @ Liberty U.
          Very disappointing game last night. Boys are a different team when Owen isn’t in net. No reason not to play the National Goalie of the month the rest of the way. He’s your best and should be in between the pipes

Comment

highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz6yZzesv7k
            postgame https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2hbN2rXA0
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Charlene sent a message that you can get a month for $23.95.
              now why on earth would we want to pay anything for a month of WMU hockey? i would have paid for both RPI games if the price was a bit more reasonable.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                Very disappointing game last night. Boys are a different team when Owen isn’t in net. No reason not to play the National Goalie of the month the rest of the way. He’s your best and should be in between the pipes
                After tonight I would not want anything else! He is very good but our defense seems to play so much better when they have him there. Could not agree more. Would play him in every ECAC game left and the playoffs unless he plays himself out of the starting role.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  What goalie would want to sit out both games of a series at this point of the season. I get no one wants to see him get hurt, but you can't focus on the what ifs. He needs to play and if RPI hopes to do anything in the post season, he needs to play to stay sharp. I could see him playing 1/2 but he absolutely should play one of the games. Should Reilly sit out this weekend? He could get hurt, too. As to the $17 to watch one game, I only pay $12 for a ticket to see it in person. Not paying more to see the game on TV.
                  These games mean nothing and he has proven he can sit and stay sharp I believe either way works but I have no issue with him resting because no matter how far we get even if it is the frozen 4 he ABSOLUTELY needs to finish out the season to give us the best chance to win so a little rest won't hurt He makes us much better than we actually are.
                  What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    These games mean nothing and he has proven he can sit and stay sharp I believe either way works but I have no issue with him resting because no matter how far we get even if it is the frozen 4 he ABSOLUTELY needs to finish out the season to give us the best chance to win so a little rest won't hurt He makes us much better than we actually are.
                    Coach Smith finally has control of this team and has made very few mistakes since the beginning of the new year.
                    I will go with his decision on who plays in goal tonight.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Coach Smith finally has control of this team and has made very few mistakes since the beginning of the new year.
                      I will go with his decision on who plays in goal tonight.
                      Absolutely - as of today, we seem to have a lock on a home playoff position. Just as much of a lock is that we seem to have almost no chance of a bye. But there will be a huge difference in that home playoff spot between the top two (5 and 6) and the next two (7 and 8). Very obvious is the fact that if you can grab a 5th or 6th seed, you will have an easier path to the next round. Even then, being seeded 5th or 6th will lead to avoiding the top two seeds in that round and that is almost as big a deal. if indeed, it is all about match ups, then let us hope we can avoid the most difficult match ups for us until as far into the rounds as we can go. We all realize how long it has been since a trip to lake Placid. let us all hope that time has now come.
                      Not sure what we need to do in the last 6 games (with only 2 at home) to insure a 5th or 6th place finish. Lugnut??Where are you for this one???

Comment

Not sure what we need to do in the last 6 games (with only 2 at home) to insure a 5th or 6th place finish. Lugnut??Where are you for this one???
                        Code:
                        RPI Points vs. Position
                           |     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9    10    11    12
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        17 |     x     x     x     x     x     x   0.2   1.5   0.3   0.0     x     x
                        18 |     x     x     x     x     x   0.0   1.0   2.3   0.2   0.0     x     x
                        19 |     x     x     x     x     x   0.0   5.4   6.4   0.2   0.0     x     x
                        20 |     x     x     x     x   0.0   0.3   8.4   4.3   0.0     x     x     x
                        21 |     x     x     x     x   0.1   2.6  15.0   3.5   0.0     x     x     x
                        22 |     x     x     x     x   0.5   5.0   9.6   0.8   0.0     x     x     x
                        23 |     x     x     x   0.0   2.3   8.1   5.5   0.1     x     x     x     x
                        24 |     x     x     x   0.0   3.0   4.1   1.1   0.0     x     x     x     x
                        25 |     x     x   0.0   0.1   3.4   1.8   0.1   0.0     x     x     x     x
                        26 |     x     x   0.0   0.2   1.4   0.3   0.0     x     x     x     x     x
                        27 |     x     x   0.0   0.2   0.5   0.0     x     x     x     x     x     x
                        28 |     x     x   0.0   0.1   0.1   0.0     x     x     x     x     x     x
                        29 |     x   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0     x     x     x     x     x     x     x
                        We need to hit 23 points to have it be more likely than not that we hit 6th, or 25 points for 5th. As you said, unless we win out, it's very unlikely that we get a bye, and similarly it's unlikely that we'd fall out of a home-ice position even if we lose out.

EDIT: adding to that, we're about 2:1 to host Union and 3:1 to host Princeton or Brown.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Thanks Lugnut. i had felt we needed 6 more points in the last 6 games to get 6th or perhaps 5th. But i think for 5th, if we get 6 points we need some help. I never like not be in the position to hope for help since we rarely get it. I would think our best chances are home against Princeton (that last minute tie down here really hurt us and i knew might come back to haunt us). I think we have a decent chance at Colgate and Dartmouth. The other 3 games would take a rather big upset and i would be happy with a tie against any of them.
                          I actually fell if we can get a 5th or 6th seed we could see this team in lake Placid. Anything lower would make life more difficult for certain.

Comment

now why on earth would we want to pay anything for a month of WMU hockey? i would have paid for both RPI games if the price was a bit more reasonable.
                            I was just trying to say that paying for a month would be cheaper than paying for two individual games.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I was just trying to say that paying for a month would be cheaper than paying for two individual games.
                              I know - I was just indicating how out of bounds it is for them to ask so much for any of their packages. It makes really appreciate RPI-TV all that much more!!!!! just wish we had the funds so they might be able to broadcast a few of the road games along with what they already do.

Comment

Just a little something to discuss and think about - it is almost a lock that we will finish between 5th and 8th this season. obviously in the first round there is little question we would prefer 5th or 6th and that we face SLU or Princeton who have separated themselves from the others. Let's look ahead a bit. Who would you want to face in the second round (and who would you really like to avoid).
                                My own choices would be that of the top 4 i would hope to face Clarkson or QU and would like to avoid traveling to Cornell or Harvard. I think we stand a slightly better chance of reaching Lake Placid that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X