Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part II: Moving on with 2020 Vision!

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Dave Smith said that Western Michigan is not making a return trip to RPI. This is a one year thing.
    Good motivation to try and hang two losses on the Broncos. I know that there may be good reasons making return engagements impossible, but I do not like it when schools fail to reciprocate the trip from non-conference visitors. There are better reasons to cooperate with one another.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      It is possible, however unlikely, that if we were to win out the regular season, that we would find ourselves in 16th in the Pairwise. Obviously that means that we're still on the outside looking in, pending the results of the conference tournaments. If we lose just one game, we're headed toward a #25 finish on average, and a bottom-half finish if we lose two (again, changes from the conference tourneys notwithstanding).

I guess the point I'm making here is that while this weekend isn't absolutely without consequence, it's much more important to do what we can to put ourselves in position to win the ECAC title, which may include giving some players a game off in Michigan. You have to weigh risk of injury against keeping momentum going and the morale boost one or two more non-con wins could provide.
      Thanks for the much more statistical evaluation of the situation. My gut feeling was that it is just not worth an injury to Savory in these two games but your analysis is a far better way to explain it than my gut. I have always been one would weigh risk versus reward in the medications i have prescribed in my career. I certainly try to maintain that careful outlook in other decisions also.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I agree. I'd be fine if he didn't play at all in Kalamazoo....but I think you're likely correct with one start.
        I don't think Savory playing out the season would be a problem he's a young guy with a week between starts but it may be an advantage to get our back ups some reps in case we need them down the stretch and beyond (hopefully))
        What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Western Michigan doesn't seem to have a thread on this site, but I went looking for any sort of webpage that might give their viewpoint on this weekend's games.

Found a Facebook entry saying that WMU will be finishing up its non-conference schedule this weekend against the "red-hot RPI Engineers."

Nice to have somebody looking at our team as "red-hot." It's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            A few of those might be injured.
            I've been assuming Mahshie is injured and have wondered about Lacka. Has there been anything said officially on either player?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              Western Michigan doesn't seem to have a thread on this site, but I went looking for any sort of webpage that might give their viewpoint on this weekend's games.

Found a Facebook entry saying that WMU will be finishing up its non-conference schedule this weekend against the "red-hot RPI Engineers."

Nice to have somebody looking at our team as "red-hot." It's been a while.
              Especially coming from a team who just had their 5-game winning streak snapped on Saturday. Hopefully we will be competitive this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                I've been assuming Mahshie is injured and have wondered about Lacka. Has there been anything said officially on either player?
                Mahshie hasn't played since the head hit (should have been 5) in the UMASS game.

If he has recovered this would be a way to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                  Mahshie hasn't played since the head hit (should have been 5) in the UMASS game.

If he has recovered this would be a way to come back.
                  I forgot about that. So no doubt that is why he hasn't played.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    I don't think Savory playing out the season would be a problem he's a young guy with a week between starts but it may be an advantage to get our back ups some reps in case we need them down the stretch and beyond (hopefully))
                    I have no doubt he is up to it. I was more thinking that knowing our luck he'll get run over by one of WMU's large forwards --they have plenty. For some reason, RPI doesn't exactly place a premium on patrolling our crease...
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

It's games like these against WMU when we really get an appreciation for our free RPI-TV stream. They want $17.00 for a single game pass to watch online..

Comment

Add to the ECAC monthly award.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                          It's games like these against WMU when we really get an appreciation for our free RPI-TV stream. They want $17.00 for a single game pass to watch online..
                          Gotta pay for those flights to Denver somehow, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                            Thanks for putting it more accurately/precisely. That type of minimum is going to hurt HFH attendance for ECAC tournament games, at least relative to the regular season ticketing practices.
                            The price point is actually the same as the regular season, Cornell/Union/Clarkson/Freakout excluded. Shouldn't have too much of an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                              Saw that earlier today. Doubt i will subscribe at that price. If it was for both games, as a weekend pass, then it would be worth it.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                                The price point is actually the same as the regular season, Cornell/Union/Clarkson/Freakout excluded. Shouldn't have too much of an effect.
                                You are assuming that everyone who sits in HFH during the regular season has paid full price for a ticket. My understanding, which motivated my original post, is that there are a significant number of regular season seats steeply discounted to groups (youth teams, etc). The net impact of minimum pricing enforced by the ECAC has had an impact on this source of attendance, and will again this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X